NEurope
Choze

Burnout: Paradise

Oh, and I have a microphone and a compatible camera (Xbox Live Vision Camera).

Was gutted i missed the online fun the other night! Dam shift work!

Back in this games prime we had some ace online nights!!

Was gutted i missed the online fun the other night! Dam shift work!

Back in this games prime we had some ace online nights!!

another night could happen I'm sure....

Was a good nights gaming for sure - we all had a good laugh and is still has one of the best uses of the PSeye camera. However MATtheHATgetting his arse out will haunt me for days!

Arselolsftw!

Dan dare was mentioning about this the other day, I recall I had it but didn't have much opportunity to make the most of online/multi features. Depending on the aspects of that and if anyone else is likely to get it (looking at you @Fierce_LiNk) I'd be tempted, even if it isn't my favourite.

This will be the only EA published game which I'll purchase new, so long as it doesn't get screwed over by microtransactions and loot boxes. :p

Given how much content ended up being released for the game originally, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it but I'd love to be proven wrong. ;)

In fact, if they release this day one with all the content originally released for it, on disc for £30 with no content pay-walled off then I think we can consider it a partial apology... maybe.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sound entitled in any way here, it's more than EA clearly have a long way to go before they can regain some if any trust in the long run. ::shrug:

As for the game itself, I love Burnout Paradise and I would relish the chance to properly explore Paradise City once again, I do wonder if the soundtrack will stay the same though, if it does then that's great - along with the option to turn off certain tracks - but if they try to change too much then I fear that it might become a bit like having Crazy Taxi without The Offspring (Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah Yeeeaaaah!) so as long as they have the staple tracks then we're all good there. :D

I wouldn't say no to additional content as well, but it would be simpler to just have everything including all original DLC, on one disc for £30 or less. :peace:

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:43 PM, Rummy said:

Dan dare was mentioning about this the other day, I recall I had it but didn't have much opportunity to make the most of online/multi features. Depending on the aspects of that and if anyone else is likely to get it (looking at you @Fierce_LiNk) I'd be tempted, even if it isn't my favourite.

Never played the game and am on the lookout for a racer, so...there is potential there.

I have been looking at GTSport, but not sure if that's the sort of racer I'm looking for. Seems to be a bit of a shortage of racing games out there, or at least variation. Why are there so many different options for first person shooters (including variation in genres) but such a shortage with racers. There's Forza and Mario Kart and very little in between.

If you check earlier posts from the PS3 days you can be sure I'll be getting it.  Wonder if MATtheHAT's arse will turn up?

On 14/01/2018 at 1:18 PM, Fierce_LiNk said:

Never played the game and am on the lookout for a racer, so...there is potential there.

I have been looking at GTSport, but not sure if that's the sort of racer I'm looking for. Seems to be a bit of a shortage of racing games out there, or at least variation. Why are there so many different options for first person shooters (including variation in genres) but such a shortage with racers. There's Forza and Mario Kart and very little in between.

Riptide GP Renegade is a bit low budget, but I really enjoyed it. Worth a look.

I played the original for over 1,000 hours (yes, a thousand) and would gladly get PS+ to play it again. The online is possibly my favourite online mode as you can just hang out and just trigger events without going out of the game. There are also lots of checkpoint options for racing online, too (it's not restricted to "get to X corner of the map" like the singleplayer). 

The challenges where everyone has to work together to complete tasks is the best part of it - they're co-op but also competitive (in a friendly way) at the same time. 

One nice feature for them to add is an option to sync music with the host. That way, we could all sing along to Girlfriend together. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ah it's nice to back in Paradise City, I'm up for a singalong and finally something to use my PS4 camera on - smugshot anyone?

• Thanks 1

Ah man, didn't realize it was out today. Wish I could afford it...

Maybe in April.

In the meantime: A big ol' "I hate you" to all of you who are playing this :p

• Weird 1

Great to see your all playing this...oh wait.  I'll add it to pile of games nobody on here plays.  

8 hours ago, Cookyman said:

Great to see your all playing this...oh wait.  I'll add it to pile of games nobody on here plays.  

@flameboy and I have been playing this online the last few hours on Xbox one....

• Like 1

I've been playing it on the PS4 and while it's still a really enjoyable experience, I've had to dial back the playtime as there's a real sense of deja vu about playing the game despite it being a good number of years since playing it last on PS3.

I am finding the repetition of events, especially as you get to the last set of licences is dragging the game down a bit as by that point, you know the optimal route for most events.

It's making me wish they had released it as a mid price title, i.e. no more than £24.99, to offset that a bit but then again, it is EA. It looks as tho it's been successful for them so maybe they'll opt for actually doing what the gamers want and giving us the Mass Effect Trilogy on PS4/Xbox One, tho I dread to think what the price will be for that. I'd also take a redo of Kingdoms of Amalur but doubt it'll happen with Rhode Island state holding the IP rights.