NEurope
Wesley

Worst piece of hardware you've ever used...

My worst piece of hardware is the original iPod Shuffle. Really great things, untill the USB connection died, all of a sudden. And before that I used my brother iPod Shuffle, and it stopped using the left earbud - the connector for stereo was ruined and left ear went numb. Two Shuffles broke, and they were replacements of the originals already who suddenly - out of nowhere - died. Never buying something first generation again. Oh damn, I'm gettting an iPod Touch.

Acer Laptop. Lasted a year. Then the motherboard went. I'm guessing that the heat the laptop produced slowly damaged it.

Why didn't I get a longer warranty?

Assuming you're in europe, don't we get 2 year warranty minimum for all products?

I also have an Acer that started overheating but I checked the CPU's cooler and it had a huge carpet of dust that was covering the whole air flow hole. After cleaning it's cooler than ever.

Assuming you're in europe, don't we get 2 year warranty minimum for all products?

I also have an Acer that started overheating but I checked the CPU's cooler and it had a huge carpet of dust that was covering the whole air flow hole. After cleaning it's cooler than ever.

Nope, European waranty issues 92 days of full waranty, like Americans, and one year (including the 92 days) of limited waranty.

Someone on the alst page made a good point, the Nintendo USB Dongle was fucking terrible. Really tempremental (sp?)

There was an incredibly awful wireless router I had which just stopped working and there were loads of problems with it before that. It was also very slow. Apart from that the remote control that used to come with Telewest digital boxes was a foul thing for me and never responded properly.

Nope, European waranty issues 92 days of full waranty, like Americans, and one year (including the 92 days) of limited waranty.

I have yet to buy anything with less than 2 year warranty here. Every single product i buy has a paper somewhere saying it has 2 years warranty. I could swear all products in europe have 2 years minimum, being that part of the reason we pay more for our products than the americans do.

And what's the difference of full warranty and limited warranty? I didn't know there were 2 types of it.

A cheap logitech wireless mouse. Cost £20, worked well for about a day, the next day it semi worked so i hit against the wall (As you do with all broken electicals). Then it started to work again.

Then a few week down the line it died.

I have yet to buy anything with less than 2 year warranty here. Every single product i buy has a paper somewhere saying it has 2 years warranty. I could swear all products in europe have 2 years minimum, being that part of the reason we pay more for our products than the americans do.

And what's the difference of full warranty and limited warranty? I didn't know there were 2 types of it.

European guidelines say one year (wich is why, in Belgium, that's all we get). if it's a minimum of one year, than a two-year law, probably like with you, is allowed by Europe too. I think one year is the bare minimum (wich puts us 276 days ahead of the Americans, who have to buy into extended warranty).

Belkin wireless dongle!

Took 3 hours to setup, worked for 6 months (badly) then failed.

BELKIN bluetooth dongle! Didnt work at all!

:(

European guidelines say one year (wich is why, in Belgium, that's all we get). if it's a minimum of one year, than a two-year law, probably like with you, is allowed by Europe too. I think one year is the bare minimum (wich puts us 276 days ahead of the Americans, who have to buy into extended warranty).

Ok thanks. :)

Didn't know that.

Linksys WAG200G Wireless Router. For a start off, the installation fails 90% of the time, and when it does work, it's a nightmare. Secondly, it takes ages for it to get connected to my computer, which is a nightmare. Thirdly, it often disconnects for no reason whatsoever, which pees me off greatly.

I'm not quite sure if that one's the same as mine, but mine works 100% perfectly all the time and it was piss easy to configure. Again, it could a different one, those names are too numbery for me.

I'd have to say PS2. Horrible controller, DREs, the reset/power button doesn't work, had to replace the flat cables, cause the disk tray wouldnt stay closed. What a piece of shit.

Lets see, my old Netgear router and adapter were awfull, i could get power into the router, but not to the adaptor. Then i changed the adaptor and it wouldnt connect to the router, so i took it all back and bought a newer model and everything is peachy now.

A cheap logitech wireless mouse. Cost £20, worked well for about a day, the next day it semi worked so i hit against the wall (As you do with all broken electicals). Then it started to work again.

Then a few week down the line it died.

I have a cheap Logitech wireless mouse. I don't use it much, but I will once I get my laptop, and when I have used it it's worked fine.

Maxtor HD within some sort of media centre...talk about not straight forward. Not plug and play at all, and a lot of AVIs don't work on it contrary to it being AVI compatible. Also slow as hell to transfer files onto.

Also my graphics tablet is pretty crap too. You some times have to tap the pen to get something come up on the screen, so when you're attempting to draw something it makes it incredibly difficult to draw naturally....as in, continuous flow.

My Dad bought me a cradit card sized digital camera for christmas that took a maximum of 10 pictures and erased them if you turned the camera off before uploading them to a pc. Defo my worst gadget as it was working as intended and still sucked!

My Dad bought me a cradit card sized digital camera for christmas that took a maximum of 10 pictures and erased them if you turned the camera off before uploading them to a pc. Defo my worst gadget as it was working as intended and still sucked!

i've had one of those too, utter shite

I managed to get mine to scroll upwards a week ago. The fact that I had to though is disappointing to say the least.

WAG54GS-EU.jpg

The Linksys WAG54GS.

Constantly disconnecting from the internet and now it won't even send out a wireless signal.

Google searches suggest I'm not the only one whos had such problems.

Should really get rid of it soon.

Wanadoo/Orange Livebox. It couldn't possibly be more annoying, stressful or fiddly to use if they attached 10lbs of C4 explosive to it and made you disarm it every time you wanted to turn it on.

Yeah the mighty mouses don't seem to cracky, the scroll ball on my mate's in pretty naff too, doesn't seem to move the screen half the time.