NEurope
Slaggis

Earphones

Can anyone recommend me some good quality, in-ear earphones (i.e noise isolating ones)? The best quality possible for a price no more than £110?

My more expensive pair have gone a bit funny, and I don't have enough money to pay 200 quid for another pair.

I was looking at the super.fi 5 pros but they just cost that little extra too much :(.

£110? Wtf?

I bought a pair of these for £35: http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/icm.nsf/root/500830

Infact, they were so good i bought 2. One for home use and one for whatever else... untill Letty broke her headphones and i had to give her a pair :(

I've had those before. They're great for that price, but the sound quality difference between the ones I had and those is pretty big. I know you can get some pretty great ones for the price I'm looking for, but I'm not sure about the best places to look.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I've never been able to get used to in-ear headphones. Have you considered compact regular headphones? I find most types have better sound quality at lower prices than the higher quality in-ear headphones.

I use foldable Sony Street Style MDRG74SL headphones (http://www.sony.com.au/pe/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=22381).

Good bass, and overall really nice sound. Sturdy, and they fold up for easy transport. Plus they don't hurt my ears like in-ear types tend to do after about half an hour or so.

I FAIL AT EARPHONES!!! i have no pairs left now. :(

i always manage to break them i've broken three pairs of headphones in the last Two Weeks....

I really don't see the point in earphones that expensive.

The ones that come with an iPod work well enough.

It just seems like a waste of money to me, unless you're like a music professional or something.

Just my opinion.

I really don't see the point in earphones that expensive.

The ones that come with an iPod work well enough.

It just seems like a waste of money to me, unless you're like a music professional or something.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, lots of people say that:) . But when you convert some of your music files to really high quality music, and then play it on some amazing headphones, you don't want to go back to using the ipod ones, which now sound not that great to me.

I recommend sennheiser above everything else the sound qaulity is by far the best and it is what we are told to recommend at work...

I always liked the earphone style that came with the 4th? generation (the first that had the nano and shuffle) of iPods. Though right now the only pairs I have are the ones that came with my iPod classic and also a pair that came with an intec DS starter kit. I liked those ones because they were retractable though the quality wasn't the best on them.

I keep meaning to buy some decent headphones, i brake them too quickly though. On average a pair of earphones last me 2 months, might switch to full-size headphones and see if i can keep them alive a bit longer!

I have Ultimate Ears super.fi Pro's myself, they're excellent. My previous earphones were Shure e2c's and these are leaps and bounds better.

Some things I can say about them:

They've never fallen out, ever. I have really small ear canals but they fit great and are really comfortable. Furthermore, they stay in that perfect position where you get full bass.

They come with a lot of nice extras, box, 3 size earbuds, and a cleaner.

The cable is thick, fairly short but should reach your pocket by all means. The cable is also detachable (something I didn't realize until a year after I got them) Which means that should the cable break, you just need to get a new one.

The cables aren't perfect. They work by having a thin piece of metal that you can bend to wrap around your ear, the problem is after a lot of bending and twisting that thing will break, and in my case(took a year) dig into the actual wires. I frequently unbent the metal when I finished using it, In retrospect it would have probably been better to leave it.

Ultimate Ears don't have much of a presence over here, I imported mine on eBay for 130 pounds almost 2 years ago. I think they will still do warranties if you ever need it, they do seem to be catering for international customers. I bought a replacement cable for 20 bux.

These are the ones I got.

http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/us/consumer/cc/_productid_SHE5910_27_US_CONSUMER/In-Ear-Headphones+SHE5910-27

They are great, especially when someone talks or tries to talk to you, all you have to do is put your finger over the little hole on the out side of the ear phone and it dampens the sound, allowing you to hear what people are saying.:awesome: They have a separate set of the soft cover in the box, in case the ones on the ear phones don't fit. And they only cost me $16, way better than paying over $99 for a decent pair.:yay:

A8.jpg I have these, they are very nice to wear, block outside noise fairly well (though they aren't proper noise isolating 'phones i don't think) and have decent sound. Having said that for £80, I'm sure you could get considerably better sound quality for your money, but the design of them, I think, is superb. You're paying for the name with them a bit as well.