NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

Will Wii have ANOTHER amazing Christmas?

We all remember the launch of Wii last year and the sheer panic it brought as demand (unexpectedly) outstripped supply. The Wii became the hottest item of Christmas 2006 and that trend has continued until this very day.

With Nintendo recently noting that demand is still extremely high do you think that Wii will be the hottest item this christmas?

There are top, top titles coming for all three major consoles this christmas yet now the Wii has had that traditional year of "maturing" behind it we see a huge back catalogue of classic games and an array of interesting channels available - Almost out of the box. And the price of the system is still the lowest in the console market.

I personally think that Wii will (yet again) be the success story this christmas and I think this christmas will see Wii sold out signs all over the UK unless Nintendo have started to increase production already.

Do you think christmas will put the Wii in the mindset of millions more?

Or do you feel that Wii sales this year will tell a different story?

I dont see why not. The big games are coming for real this time. There needs to be a sufficient amount of stock and then sales should be off the chart.

Nintendo obviously have nothing to worry about

Microsoft's amazing library and reasonable prices wont be ignored either.

Sony needs to get a fire under the PS3, which they could achieve by another pre-Christmas price cut.

I think alot of people who bought a Wii last year will be interested in having a second console. Christmas will be kind to all 3 consoles

I really think both Ninty and MS have prepared very well this christmas, both have had an excellent release list all year, with a top game coming just a few weeks after another so you cant really complain about the lack of good games this year, and as Halo 3 has been released, along with Bioshock and for Wii we have Metroid and Mario Sunshine due out soon with paper mario being amazing for me at the moment (although i did encounter that bug)

for me this christmas is going to be risky, because its either all these fantastic games, or an even better PC (since mines managed to fuck up again)

With Galaxy it should be awesome.

I know Brawl isn't until 2008 but what about Mario Kart?

Either way, Corruption and Galaxy are by far enough, along with tons of other titles, to keep the Wii churning money.

I like to think so, i think Galaxy will make wii 'most wanted' this christmas.

If only Wii fit was being released over Christmas, then there'll be complete madness to get one again.

it's a shame we wont get Brawl this year, but that also brings the opportunity to have third party titles shine. Apart from Nintendo's titles (MP3, Galaxy, Endless Ocean), im really looking forward to RE:UC, MOHH2, Ghost Squad and Zack&Wiki. I doubt those titles will have done well if Brawl got a release as well.

I think Galaxy will do very well this holiday and helping sell a lot of Wii. The demand for the system has remained unbelievable high throughout the year and that was without a lot of big software titles (MP8 was the biggest release I think). With some killer titles coming up, i dont see why demand won't multiply.

The fact that many places are sold out of Wiis at this time of year says it all really. Nintendo will have a great Christmas. Factor in Mario Galaxy and they should do very well in both hardware and software charts.

MS will also do very well what with the price drop, the new ultimate package and Halo 3.

Sadly for SONY I think the PS3 will be squeezed out this Christmas. If the console market has shown us one thing, there is room for two major players in the console war, but sadly when there is three, one always seems to get squeezed out. This generation it may just be SONY.

Sales wise yeah Nintendo is probabaly gonna dominate.

As for games lets just say my 360 will be having a better Christmas than my Wii...

I know Brawl isn't until 2008 but what about Mario Kart?

Unless NoE convince NoJ to have it ready for Europe in 07 (which looks more and more unlikely), then 2008 like the rest of the world.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long, if they can get Galaxy out in Europe this year.

With the mario and metroid and that, plus the fact it's christmas and this is one of the hot things to own at the moment, Wii should have a pretty damn good christmas.

As it has already been said both Nintendo and MS will have a great Christmas period this year.

Like Mcmad though my 360 will be getting most of my playtime what with Naruto, Eternal Sonata, CoD4, Amry of Two and Assasins Creed all out. Mix this with Nintendos line up of Zelda on the DS, Mario Galaxy, Metriod Prime 3 and possibly Smash Bros ( may import a Wii for this ) and its gonna be great end of year for gamers no matter what console you own.

I think Nintendo are gonna kick arse this Christmas as seems to be the usual nowadays. Wii will outsell DS me thinks this year, but both will be in a huge shortage.

Don't see Microsoft making a huge impact, they'll get the sales peak as usual but no real reason why it's going to be all that great. Don't think things are going to get better for them now they've released they're biggest game.

Sony will also get a sales peak but they're just going to further their gap from the other consoles. PS3 will come back in 2008 me thinks.

Wow, it is nothing short of amazing to see the Wii - almost a year later - still on high demand. And this Christmas is the best time to have a Wii; Its not even just about Galaxy and Metroid; Resident Evil UC, Endless Ocean and even Sonic & Mario and Pokemon Battle Revolution will garther attention. Then we will be getting some great VC games - possibly Smash Bros 64 as well - which will just put the icing on the cake...

Then after the festivities and the quick transsition from Christmas to new year, 2008 dawns upon us then we already have Smash Brothers Brawl in our sights, then the advent of Pro Evo on Wii and then a slew of other TBA 2008 games...I feel like a kid again. Yay.

My Wii and DS will be getting the most love this Christmas. I have a lot of 360 games that I need to buy but they can wait till early next year.

Without reading the other comments i'll just say what i think.

The wii will do fantastically this Christmas.. But it's a bit of a shame that it seems they could not get wii fit out before christmas.. That is a major missed oppertunity. It seems it's a good christmas for the hardcore gamer but there really isn't much for the non-gamer this year.. Mario kart is also a missed oppertunity.

Battalion wars could suprise people If it's as good as i think it will be. But the mainselling point will be super mario galaxy if it's advertised as the NEXT big mario game since mario 64.

360 will have a great christmas as well just because of halo 3. It will widen the gap between the 360 and ps3 further.... it's amazing how one game will do this.

The ds is a little disappointing this christmas.. Maybe I'm missing the point but i'll im seeing is zelda and phoenix wright... a shame really.

psp is going to do shit.....yet again.

The ps3 is in deep trouble... with metal gear delayed We will just have to see how badly the damage and halo 3 and super mario galaxy will cause.

Probably not. The Wii is already selling the maximum its supplies allow, even with expansion of the production there's not much they can do to give the Wii more sales. It's not demand restricting Wii sales, its supplies. There'll be a hell of a demand.

I'll be playing Metroid Prime 3 and Galaxy, can't get much more amazing than that.

(Yes, I know MP3 comes out next month)

Wii and 360 are going to have great chistmas sales i reckon. I think like most people i'll be busy with Galaxy but i'm also looking forward to GHIII and of course Zack & Wiki.

DS is slowing right down imo. It had a great year last year but it seems the momentum is dropping in terms of great games (sales wise it's still owning though).

360 will sell shitloads cos it's got that game...you know, Halo something.

Halo? Doesn't ring a bell :p

Wanna see how Wii-Esque my Chistmas is gonna be?

Prime 3

Galaxy

NiGHTs

Mario and Sonic at Olympics

Guitar Hero

RE:UC

Zack and Wiki

Ghost Squad

Pokemon

DragonBall Z

10 Games and I might of forgotten some.

360 will sell shitloads cos it's got that game...you know, Halo something.

Most people who care about Halo probably already have a 360, though.

I'm hoping to get Metoid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Endless Ocean, Mario & Sonic, Tomb Raider, Nights, Orange Box and Phantom Hourglass for the rest of this year. I'll catch up summer 2008.

Wasn't NiGHTS delayed into 2008?

It was a rumour that Nights was delayed worldwide until 2008. It's been confirmed for December in Japan, so it could be November/December over here.

NiGHTS still has a release month of November(I think) and it was just a rumour from Leipzeg.

Sign in to follow this