NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Football Manager 2008

Now I know I've posted about this game before and people seem to have not been interested by this game. I can understand why people don't like it, but personally I think its awesome.

The last two versions have been nothing great, more like just player updates on the previous versions. But this year is the biggest revamp of all, so many new features theres too many to list. New financial control, new transfer system, new scouting system...

The best thing the demo has come out TODAY!

The full version of the demo can be downloaded from SI Games; http://www.sigames.com or a smaller english only version can be downloaded from; http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/3-/2804/2-/Promo.html

Surely I'm not the only FM fan on here?

I'm a big football manager fan as well, my pc is really old though so the newer versions tend to go really slow on my pc.

At the minute i'm playing champ manager 01/02 with 06/07 player updates!! Its great :)

If i get football manager 08, it'll probably be on the xbox 360. has anyone ever played it on the 360? if so is it as good as the pc version?

I love me some Football Manager, but I just cba to get excited about this years one. I've only just managed to get to grips with 2007 to get any sort of consistancy going. From what ive read 2008 just adds a load of pointless features really. I'll give the demo a go though at some point. Too many games coming out to properly devote time to 2008 this side of January though.

I've got FM07 but try not to play it otherwise I'll get addicted and do absolutely nothing else for days on end.

Probably buy this one anyway though. :heh:

I mostly just get it to play whilst I'm sat watching TV and stuff easy playing then... loving the demo so far, feels like a new game!

Im playing Football Manager 07 as im typing this, always love playing it but it definately gets addictive.

Im not sure if im going to get the demo though or just wait for the full game. What teams can you play as in the demo and what limitations does it have?

Im playing Football Manager 07 as im typing this, always love playing it but it definately gets addictive.

Im not sure if im going to get the demo though or just wait for the full game. What teams can you play as in the demo and what limitations does it have?

If you download the full version you can play as any team, the only limit is you can only have one season...

I ended up downloading it this morning. Im enjoying it so far, it definately seems harder for one thing. Although my players do seem to get tired pretty quickly aswell.

Seems a bit weird though that Liverpool have once again only been given 8 million for the transfer market. I mean I know we bought all the players in the summer but considering our new owners it really should be more.

I ended up downloading it this morning. Im enjoying it so far, it definately seems harder for one thing. Although my players do seem to get tired pretty quickly aswell.

Seems a bit weird though that Liverpool have once again only been given 8 million for the transfer market. I mean I know we bought all the players in the summer but considering our new owners it really should be more.

you have to bear in mind how it is still being tinkered....

I started a game as Arsenal...didn't wanna be Pompey, save that challenge for the full version....

Thought the demo was shit to be honest hasnt addresed any of the retardedness that is present on FM07. Defence line on Deep clearly means mill around on the Center circle you *****. I played 4 matches of the season at which point Darius Vassell had scored 6 goals for Man City :indeed: Uninstalled will not be buying.

I'll be getting it. Last one I got was 2005. I prefer to pick a conference club at take them to the top, than be Arsenal where its easy to win everything.

You get to pick a club captain and you can adjust your transfer budget at any time. Pretty MASSIVE changes rather then fixing the whole hilarious 23 shots on target failing to score other team has one shot and scores, normally a defender thumping one in from 35 yards.

Which then ruins your morale and you lose the next 10 games in a row. Before just as suprisingly beating Chelsea 4-0 and then going on a 10 match winning run. then losing 1-0 again.

Or the defensive line not actualy working, or trying to get fullbacks to overlap. Or the freekick takers always passing it square to a CB who has longshots of 2. It's a move that happens all the time in real life iirc. All of these problems where in the previous game and I encountered all of them in the demo. but its alright because I can set my pitch size now. :indeed:

Thats before I even mention the fact that the team talk options dont actualy mean what you expect them to mean.

Better scouting system...tactics been updated... ok I'll stop I'll admit the changes aren't quite as big as I first thought...but it is still a great game and yeah the difference thing is odd...

In my Arsenal game I've drawn my last two games 0-0 against sunderland and pompey despite dominating from start to finish...they still seem to have super goalies from time to time... also defensive line woes can be a problem yeah... they only seem to say deep if you change your mentality to defensive which means you never concede but also never score!Which sucks!

It is however still the best football management game out there...

Anyway game has been confirmed for 19th October...if I remember rightly theres a little game coming out that day...is it Zelda or something? So will perhaps give this a miss and get Football Manager Live next year instead...

I'm a big football manager fan as well, my pc is really old though so the newer versions tend to go really slow on my pc.

At the minute i'm playing champ manager 01/02 with 06/07 player updates!! Its great :)

how did you get that?

how did you get that?

there are tons of sites that do such things...try dugout.net...

I've had allsorts...the best was a FM07 update that went back to the first premiership season...

IGN gave it a 9.0 by the way...out on friday as I said before.

This game looks awesome, but i hope to see Full Fotos of the Players in the Full Version :\

If they make a good sistem and then they don't use it what's the sistem for?

BTW, I played with Benfica and winned the Betwin Tournament ^^

This game looks awesome, but i hope to see Full Fotos of the Players in the Full Version

... I assume you mean "photos". Aside from that it would be stupid and ridiculous to have full photos. :indeed:

there are tons of sites that do such things...try dugout.net...

I've had allsorts...the best was a FM07 update that went back to the first premiership season...

IGN gave it a 9.0 by the way...out on friday as I said before.

thanks post count is gay

Got this today. Haven't had a FM game since 2005, which is shocking. Liking the interface. Playing as Stevenage for the challenge (I always pick a conference team).

Ive started with Liverpool as usual. Finding it pretty hard at the moment, having to try new tactics than the ones I used in FM07 and the FM08 demo (07 i just won everything, 08 demo I actually got fired)

I havn't got it yet...too in to Zelda...what do you think so far? any changes from demo to full version?

I'm gonna get it soon..thinking of maybe starting as a non league team rather than my usual Pompey...

I havent noticed any changes at all from the demo actually.

I am enjoying it but it does get a bit infuriating at times when I keep losing, but at least thats more interesting than just winning everything all the time like FM07

I havent noticed any changes at all from the demo actually.

I am enjoying it but it does get a bit infuriating at times when I keep losing, but at least thats more interesting than just winning everything all the time like FM07

yeah the demo was really hard I was arsenal was 6th when the 6 months finished...

decided gonna start my game as local Conference North team Harrogate Town and try and either work my way through the league with them or if bigger job offers come in take them and work my way to Premiership...

Sign in to follow this