NEurope
Mokong

The Points Cards Case

OK i bought another Points card today to be ready for the release of Sin and Punishment tonight, and i realized I know have a collection of empty DVD cases.

Do points card come in the dvd sized cases everywhere?

Why don't Nintendo just package them in a plastic wrapper or something, surely it would save them a fair amount on production costs cutting down on the amount of cases that need to be produced. Not to mention they'd also be able to ship LOADS more cards at a time if they aren't wasting space with "empty" cases

I thought the boxes were just for display purposes. Then again, I've never bought a points card.

Wait wait wait... Sin and Punishment comes out tonight?

WTF, I need to get some points!

I have about 5 cases at home now as I bought points today ready for Sin and Punishment (and the upcoming Streets of Rage 3, whenever that will be)

I think it's an absolute waste for the most part, but then again I'm not gonna complain as perhaps if I buy a pre-owned game in the future, and the case is a bit tatty, I have replacements :hehe:

Wait wait wait... Sin and Punishment comes out tonight?

WTF, I need to get some points!

It's out in 50 minutes.

If only I were living in NTSC regions... I correctly guessed not one, but two Wii point codes only for them to say its not for your region, should've written them down, could've possibly scored someone free points...

They come in those really hard to open plastic cases in north america, not DVD cases.

I find it a waste to sell them in those cases, it's not like you're going to keep them. But I always buy them online with a credit card.

They could just sell them like top-up cards behind a counter in the shop or something instead of big DVD sized cases. Take away those cases and lower the price of games a bit :heh:

At my local GAME, they don't even have the case's out on display. You have to ask for one from behind the counter. How are casual gamer's meant to know that the shop are selling them? The guy behind the counter told me, they stopped putting the case's out, incase people stole the card. Surely the card is always kept behind the counter, and then loaded into the case?? Silly fool's.

Anyway, I have 7 of these case's piled up in the storage room. I had considered selling them for 50p each or something lol. They should defintley be sold attatched to some cardboard, or like top-up card's. Nintendo need to be enviromently friendly here!

It's almost as bad as norton, who give you a massive cardboard box which contains just a cd in a paper envelope thingy and a small manual.

It's definitely a waste of plastic; I don't see the point of it. Just attach the card to some cardboard and it'll do its job (saves room too).

Maybe we should start a petition or email Nintendo about it... :heh:

Nintendo need to be enviromently friendly here!

Too right, remember they were touting the Wii as being smalll and a piece of kit that doesn't waste up energy resources! I only have two of these lying around but it's clearly a waste. Like so many have said, they could just sell us the cards like how you can get phone top ups.

Get it together Nintendo, for the sake of the planet!

In the US they come in a huge theft-deterring bubble. I agree its a terrible waste and goes against Nintendo's supposed 'small, quiet, efficient' mantra. They should know better.

I agree with Shadow, a large 'ASK SALES CLERK FOR WII POINTS CARD' sign should suffice

Can't say I'm that bothered by it really, only got 2 of them though.

On the one hand it is a bit of a waste, but on the other (like / nando / already mentioned) you do get a spare case for a replacement or whatever.

It'd be interesting to know how the majority of people top up, points card or online purchase. :hmm:

I might try getting some via the channel next time, can you get however many points you want that way, or is it set amounts?

It'd be interesting to know how the majority of people top up, points card or online purchase. :hmm:

Online. Cheaper and less hassle.

Redshell its in three set amounts, the lowest being 1,000 points. The majority of the points I've bought so far have been directly through the channel - I only got the physical points because there was a deal on in Game back at Easter that was begging to be taken advantage of.

Maybe we should...... email Nintendo about it... :heh:

Out of curiosity/rage, i did just that. Im looking forward to their reply which will not doubt contain the words 'world-wide leader' and 'innovation':zzz:

Out of curiosity/rage, i did just that. Im looking forward to their reply which will not doubt contain the words 'world-wide leader' and 'innovation':zzz:

They will quote their press release that they brought out a few months ago about the instruction manuals being made out of recycled pulp etc... and the plastic being made out of reconstituted plastic...

I get my Wii points from http://www.gamerpointsnow.com (think that's the right site). It's basically because I don't like the idea of having random cases everywhere, considering once you've used to the points you don't ever need the case again.