NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Mario Galaxy Vs Halo 3

(Sales and all)

So it seems my prediction has been proven; I see a gigantic Halo 3 mega poster smack bang on the Imax Cinema at Waterloo (London), buses are full of bilboards and it's release night is getting loads of attention from the famous.

Can Nintendo do one better?...Cos I see absolutely nothing at this point.

My money is on Halo 3 to outsell Galaxy in every department.

I've only seen one Halo 3 advert. In NGamer.

Galaxy will get better sales. I'm sure at it - just look at New Super Mario Bros. and that's still going strong.

New Super Mario Bros sold almost twice as much as Halo 2. If Reggie cracks the whip muscularly, we could be seeing massive sales.

Mario Galaxy will sell more in the long term I think, Halo is always the sort of game which has a huge launch for a few weeks and then disappears. On the other hand MArio Galaxy will have pretty much infinite legs, probably being in the Japanese / USA top 20 for a good couple of years and slowly creeping towards and eventually surpassing Halo 3.

I mean, Halo is very limited by it's userbase and will struggle to get past 6 million with just 10 million console owners, I honestly don't see it outselling Halo 2. I think Mario Galaxy will get 4 million sales in just Japan in the long run, just look at how well Nintendo marketed their big DS games, some of them are still in the top 20 above newly released 360 and PS3 games.

I've only seen one Halo 3 advert. In NGamer.

That doesn't mean they're not there, there really is a massive market campaign.

It's ahrd to say really, Halo has done bloody well straight away, just looking at your friends list on live.

But there are more Wiis.

And in Japan they're not 360 fans.

It could probably go either way.

how are the sales for metroid doing? i want to know wich one sells better

and i think there will be lots of mario galaxy sales i think there will be almost the same sales as there are wii's sold haha no i think the only game on wii that will sell as many as there are wii Consoles is Smashbros brawl that one will sell like sweet cakes straight from the oven

Metroid sales in the US are doing well.

It beat Bioshock in sales and sold 500,000 in it's first week i believe, maybe mistaken though.

Galaxy will do as well as Halo 3 but it's touch and go where-ever it will have the same impact as Halo 3 has in such a small amount of time, i hope so though, it deserves too!

So you're complaining you haven't seen advertising for a game thats due out in 2 months then?

So you're complaining you haven't seen advertising for a game thats due out in 2 months then?

I kinda agree, it may seem to early to some, but starting some advertisement now may help hype it even more, don't ya think?

November 16th may seem long away, but it really isn't...In a few days we can say 'Mario Galaxy is out next month'.

I would leave it till end-of October to fully advertisement Galaxy though, but Nintendo must go all out this time!

Played and ended the fight. and i was NOT impresed. the game laged several times during ofline play, when the zombies came in i got the RE4 sensation, the music was to mush of the same al over again, the controles could be so mush better, there were to mush elements riped of other games, the end race was rubbish but the game as a whole spesialy the multi polayer is satisfying still 89% is my score to this game.

Finish the Hype!

ps you do know these to games cant be compared... well i know that Metroid Prime 3 wont disappoint me because i have that game to. altough it doesnt have a co up nor multi player.

I give Halo 3 a 89%

Metroid 3 a 92%

Mario Galaxy will probably get a 95%

In scales of sale points Halo has a over hyped fan boy league behind it so it might sell more (in short term)

In the long term Mario and Smash will surpass Halo 3 because i think the Hype will end soon.

probably being in the Japanese / USA top 20 for a good couple of years

Don't forget the UK.

Why the fuck are people reviewing Mario already, why does it deserve to sell more then Halo. Lets like actualy play it first.

Why the fuck are people reviewing Mario already, why does it deserve to sell more then Halo. Lets like actualy play it first.

We're predicting sales, not reviewing/rating a game. The quality of a game often has minimal effect on its sales.

We're predicting sales, not reviewing/rating a game. The quality of a game often has minimal effect on its sales.

Yeah exaclty, kinda like what a lot of fans did with Halo 3

Ladies and Gents, there being many Wii owners does not simply mean Galaxy with sell as much as there are Wiis. You have to remember that 'new' market Nintendo captured - the peeps that want a 10 minute golf lesson or want casual party fun. Galaxy seems a bit too complex for those sort of gamers, and it won't be as approachable as New Super Mario Bros. and then theres those school boys who seek the coolness and Halo 3 - with all the realism and shooting - most definetly appeals much more to them.

Also, Wiis are not THAT much ahead in console sales against the 360. What is it? Over 10 million a piece? Sure Japan might not take to this for whatever reason, but then there is America, Europe and Australia.

Though, a lot of Nintendo fans have probably been waiting for this since Mario 64...

Ladies and Gents, there being many Wii owners does not simply mean Galaxy with sell as much as there are Wiis. You have to remember that 'new' market Nintendo captured - the peeps that want a 10 minute golf lesson or want casual party fun. Galaxy seems a bit too complex for those sort of gamers, and it won't be as approachable as New Super Mario Bros. and then theres those school boys who seek the coolness and Halo 3 - with all the realism and shooting - most definetly appeals much more to them.

Also, Wiis are not THAT much ahead in console sales against the 360. What is it? Over 10 million a piece? Sure Japan might not take to this for whatever reason, but then there is America, Europe and Australia.

Though, a lot of Nintendo fans have probably been waiting for this since Mario 64...

and like I said in many of my other posts, that games such as Wii fit and SSBB will sell more then what Halo 3 will.

Mario Galaxy will not beat Halo launch sales, but I can imagine the game beating it in the long run.

I kinda agree, it may seem to early to some, but starting some advertisement now may help hype it even more, don't ya think?

Exactly. Nintendo mass advertise their big guns too close to release in my opinion. Usually, I only see tv adverts for big games like 2-3 days before its release and maybe an A4 sized poster on a magazine...Thats not a great campaign strategy.

Its possible that quite a few Wii onwers know nothing about Galaxy. Its not as openly publicised as a game like this should be. Such early advertising draws in the crowd sitting on the fence and also since Christmas is around the corner, it gives them the option to preorder early etc.

Halo 3 is the fifth best reviewed game in history. So your argument doesn't hold any water.

My argument? Could you emphasise on this a little?

and like I said in many of my other posts, that games such as Wii fit and SSBB will sell more then what Halo 3 will.

Mario Galaxy will not beat Halo launch sales, but I can imagine the game beating it in the long run.

Hmm...I can see Wii Fit doing it, but SSBB...AS great as it is, it has a some what limited fan base. Quite a few non-Nintendo friends I invite to play this just can't stand it and see its appeal as a fighter. Who knows though.

Can Nintendo do one better?...Cos I see absolutely nothing at this point.

I'll say it again. Advertising a product before it comes out is not a common business practise. It's rare because it's not particularly advantageous.

I may have seen one, maybe two Wii adverts before it came out.

It's rare because it's not particularly advantageous.

I say it depends, though I can understand that view in terms of software.

Mario Galaxy could sell more than Halo 3, simply becuase it it released closer to Christmas, than Halo.

I'm looking forward to seeing the ad-campaign for Mario Galaxy. They can't do anything worse than this Mario Sunshine commercial can they? Link

I can see the thread turning into flaming but anyways i wan't to post 2 things.

captureog2.jpg

capturegp8.jpg

My bets are on Halo, i think it will be close as Mario Galaxy looks amazing. But i just still think Halo will appeal to more people.

Mario Galaxy could sell more than Halo 3, simply becuase it it released closer to Christmas, than Halo.

I'm looking forward to seeing the ad-campaign for Mario Galaxy. They can't do anything worse than this Mario Sunshine commercial can they? Link

Wahahahahahahaha!! That commercial...words can't describe...If you could see the cringe on my face then you'd understand...Ugh.