NEurope
Helmsly

Nintendo Europe Forums closing

Today we bring you news about certain changes to the Nintendo website. After we experienced some security issues in the past, the community forums have now been closed for good.

Since the start of this website five years ago, our primary goal has always been to provide the most in-depth and up-to-date information about our full range of products. As well as being the first port of call for people looking to find all the latest Nintendo news, the site has acted as an important hub down the years for people who want to share their views or stay in touch with other Nintendo enthusiasts through our forums.

When the forums launched we felt they were an essential service for our many loyal site visitors, and the response to them suggested you felt the same way. Since then, however, a number of other online Nintendo communities have surfaced. Dedicated solely to providing a place for Nintendo fans to meet and chat together, these forums are looked after by people who are able to focus all their resources in one area.

Given the growth of all these other online communities, we think visitors to our website would be best served if we focused all our energies on putting together a new Nintendo-Europe.com that will offer Club Nintendo members a number of new features for an expanded experience with our products.

We would like to thank all our members that have participated in the community forums over the years, and we hope you will enjoy all the exciting new features on the horizon.

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/news/article.do?elementId=5OWvJBgv7nhltpYYUXq0HCjrUen3iiWh

First Nsider (the NOA forums) and now the NOE forums. Wonder why Nintendo are closing them all down?

Given the growth of all these other online communities, we think visitors to our website would be best served if we focused all our energies on putting together a new Nintendo-Europe.com that will offer Club Nintendo members a number of new features for an expanded experience with our products.

Oh dear god please say they've FINALLY gotten their asses in gear and are gonna give us the Stars to Points conversion... hopefully soon.... like before all our pre-wii Stars expire (when is that anyone remember?), cuz if it happens after they expire i imagine there's gonna be a lot of pissed fans out there

Thank god, the NE forums were a dark place, probably even worse than 4chan, you found the worst kind of fanboys there.

Shit, I hope some don't take refuge here...

Oh dear god please say they've FINALLY gotten their asses in gear and are gonna give us the Stars to Points conversion... hopefully soon.... like before all our pre-wii Stars expire (when is that anyone remember?), cuz if it happens after they expire i imagine there's gonna be a lot of pissed fans out there

Yeah, I hope that will finally be added as well. I think pre-Wii stars (basically everything added before the new privacy agreement) run out on the 1st of June 2008.

The official nintendo forums (and I'm mainly talking about the american one as i never visited the european one) weren't the best quality of forums as far as web applications go. Its easy to see why sites like N-europe have taken over.

Fucking great, see what you did N-Europe?!

You say it jokingly but they are clearly placing part of the blame at the feet of communities such as this, for justifying why they have not kept their community up and running.

Just goes to show the great jobs our admins do in maintaining our glorious forums! :bowdown: And Nintendo obviously can't do as great a job :heh:

I know i'm a Nintendo fan and all but the fanboys there annoyed the hell out of me and were unbelievably biased and also were idiots.

Also the forums sucked there,no offence to it. N-Europe is much better.

The most ugly worst forum ever it was.. I felt like killing every single member.

There is justice...

Let's hope we don't get a forum channel on the Wii...Encompassing all those ex forum members. NOOOOOOO!

They closed because of a paedophile ring. Random guess.

If any nintendo forum is going to close due to a paedophile ring its this one.

*looks at ReZourceman*

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say the reasoning behind these forum closes is that there will be new chat/forum channel on Wii, perhaps be the channel to be unveiled at the end of this month?

Good riddance, I say! I once dared to say I didn't think Mario Sunshine was a real classic. I nearly got crucified. I was attacked for months to come by midgets with torches, pitchforks and ill-tailored Mario-hats.

Now for the site itself. On some pages they still talk about the 'recent launch of the GameCube'! Hardly breaking news. Some updating might be in order.

I know i'm a Nintendo fan and all but the fanboys there annoyed the hell out of me and were unbelievably biased and also were idiots.

Also the forums sucked there,no offence to it. N-Europe is much better.

You mean the kind of people who think Nintendo invented Wifi, and other stuff like that.

I hope the site is down for a revision. It looked like hell, and it looked like that for way to long. Maybe they can get the american designers on it, they do a decent job.

I hope the site is down for a revision. It looked like hell, and it looked like that for way to long. Maybe they can get the american designers on it, they do a decent job.

That's one of the problems... the main problem is of course the annoying members.. i feel the same way about neogaf... they aren't fanboys usually though just arrogant.

Apparantly it's still the same crappy looking site, minus the forums. God when does Nintendo Europe finally get their act together a design a better, more streamlined site that gives the idea that Nintendo is a company, rather than just a gamesite. At least the Americans got that right - that site looks the goods.