NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaFreak

Is a ps2 just worth it?

Next year will see the eventual release of FF12, though it wouldnt suprise me if we didnt see it to 07.

If I was in you position (which I am not) then I would go for a Ps2. There are lots of great RPGS games out for it. And on top of that you have amazing games like Devil May Cry 1, Onimusha 2, Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 and loads, loads more.

So, in this case I say Ps2 all the way. :p

I suppose it depends on your interests, I bought a used one and it hasnt blown my mind away, but I dont have a lot of games either. The countless RPGs dont interest me, because they're all very similar and uninspired, but there are some games that deserve to be picked up.

PS2 is worth the asking price for Disgaea or Makai Kingdom alone! Not to mention the fabulous FFX, Star Ocean 3, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle Tactics, Gitaroo Man...

What's Star Ocean 3 like? I was going to buy it but passed on it; I've heard mixed reviews...

And whoever said PS2 has no life in it is wrong! It probably has more games coming out for it than Xbox360, PSP has... GTA - I forsee a short lifespan for PSP to be honest. I'm going to wait as long as it takes to get my hands on Okami, Shadow of the Collosus and FFXIII And countless other brilliant games coming out :)

Was flicking through the E3 issue of EGM and apparently PS2 has more upcoming exclusives for it than Xbox and GameCube. Although that doesn't surprise me with the Xbox being burried by MS and the GameCube being the Gamecube.

The PS2 is still the best console on the market for its games, has the best selection.

Well I got a PS2 today, made my mom buy it though so its an Xmas present. Got an original silver PS2 with 2 controllers for only £33. Bargain.

Now to start buying games.

PS3 is backwards compatible, because I remember reading a debate on IGN about it. I remember it because they said there will be a downside, you havent got any were to slot in your memory cards thus making you start the game from the beginning, great for new games to your collection, but a downside for games you want to carry on.

Was on IGN, i aint looking for it.

Been trying to find games like Wild Arms and all that carn't find it anywhere, which is a big pain in the asshole don't know if I will get one depends..

Ya see I'm asking everyone for Game Vouchers but I hope to get around £4000 worth of them

Honestly--i have been really disapointed with my ps2, theres hardly abnd really good agmes out in the UK, and they break really easily i'm on my 4th one, and i have never had any other console break or get damaged before. If i was you, maybe pick one up for £50 there not bad as a dvd player 9thats all i use mine for now). The graphics are there main problem, there mairly current gen graphics, and can't stand up to other current gen's like cube or xbox, and shouldn't even be mutered in the same sentance as a next gen console. Get the 360 you won't regret it, thoguh you could get a cheap ps2 now, and a 360 when they go drop in price.

Still on my first PS2 here and loving it to bits, love all the great exclusive games it's getting. I don't have a problem with the graphics, they do they job perfectly fine, specially when they look fantastic as Okami (in artistic sense) and Shadow of the Colossus. Hell God Of War looks fantastic and runs brill on the PS2.

The RPGs are not samey at all neither, seriously you need to go around and start exploring them. ^_^

Been trying to find games like Wild Arms and all that carn't find it anywhere, which is a big pain in the asshole don't know if I will get one depends..

Ya see I'm asking everyone for Game Vouchers but I hope to get around £4000 worth of them

Cant u only use one per game though?

Sign in to follow this