NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

1 hour ago, gaggle64 said:

Has anyone tried GeForce Now?

@Ganepark32 sounded impressed, judging by his post above EDIT: in the previous page

Edited by Jonnas

Figured I could ask this in here first then maybe expand the question out. Does NE have a discord channel?

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Figured I could ask this in here first then maybe expand the question out. Does NE have a discord channel?

We've got one which we mainly use for A Smashing Cast.

• Thanks 1

Halo: Combat Evolved is now playable in Master Chief Collection.

Downloading now :bouncy:

Edit: It's amazing. Pressing the back button switches between original and updated graphics, well... textures to be more precise. I thought it was quite ugly when I first started the campaign but ooooh boy, those original graphics are NOT how I remember them... It's aged poorly. I remember the bump mapped textures and "realistic grass" looking amazing at the time. Not anymore :eek:

I'm half way through the the Truth and Reconciliation and remembering why this is one of the best FPS games of all time. I was blown away at the time and this has hit me right in the nostalgia. I haven't played this game since 2005, I think. I got it for Xmas 2004 along with Michael Jackson's greatest hits album :laughing:. Playing the first level to Bad and Don't Stop Til You Get Enough will forever been ingrained in my memory. Combination of a lifetime. Stuck the album on for a trip down memory lane, take me back. 

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 2

Damn that looks awesome. I have so much nostalgia for that series, I just hope it's good as some recent remasters (Warcraft 3, Commandos...) just didn't deliver and they are not even done by EA.

Great to see that Keplacki is on board for the sound remasters, love that guy. And the video confirms the Red Alert secret missions, nice! I think I played those more than the normal missions haha.

Here's hoping they don't screw up, and more importantly, we will see a Red Alert 2 remaster in the future!

I would spend hours just playing Skirmish after Skirmish on Red Alert.

It was also so easy to edit the game as you just had to go into one of the .ini files and change some numbers so we used to have Tanya firing tesla coil bolts instead.

35 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-03-10-horizon-zero-dawn-confirmed-for-pc

And there it is! Sony have officially gone 3rd party! :D 

Nintendo gives up on dedicated handhelds and consoles, Microsoft starts releasing their games on Nintendo consoles, and Sony are now a PC game developer.  What a crazy generation! :p 

With this and Death Stranding coming to PC, there is literally NO reason for me to ever consider a PS4. 

These were the two games that really piqued my interest, and now they're coming to PC.

Good move, Sony :laughing:

44 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Nintendo gives up on dedicated handhelds and consoles, Microsoft starts releasing their games on Nintendo consoles, and Sony are now a PC game developer...

RqmReKG.gif

• Haha 2

On 10/03/2020 at 4:07 PM, Happenstance said:

Can't wait for this!

Forgot to reply but.. I'm a bit excited for this. It seems to be the first in thing in a long time that EA has handled well.

I have almost all the games, and I believe they technically work, but it obviously doesn't work too well or look too great. I'm pretty sure I tried to play Tiberian Sun on this computer, it worked, but it was stretched in HD, and videos were awful. I'll probably cry if get to play that again in HD, it was my first PC game.

Both Tomb Raider and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris are currently free on Steam. If you haven't played Tomb Raider, grab this chance. Great reboot.

• Thanks 1

@Vileplume2000 is it all the game or do i need DLC.

Edited by euroninfan

It's the main game without the DLC, so if you want that you'll need to buy the DLC.

But the core game is enough to get you started, the DLC is mostly outfits and some extra tombs.

Managed to order my monitor and graphics card. Dropped down one to the 2060 Super Mini as it was £100 cheaper and should run everything fine given I’m gaming at 1440p and not 4K. Looking forward to testing it all out this week. Will be nice as well to go back to buying new games on pc.

• Like 1

uHJnzXx.jpg

Monitor arrived and is all setup. Love it already! New graphics card will arrive tomorrow.

• Like 3

At least crop your pee glass out of the picture.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bob said:

At least crop your pee glass out of the picture.

That was intentionally left in to assert dominance.

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Welcome back to the supreme race! /s

Looks like a really good setup :D I love the screen, and it looks like you have a big fan already. I would get a mechanical keyboard though, but that's my personal preference. Looking forward to hearing what you think about the super! I'm still stuck on a 1070, and've been holding out on buying one. I think I might wait until august though, and check out the prices of the new 30XX range. 

7 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

Welcome back to the supreme race! /s

Looks like a really good setup :D I love the screen, and it looks like you have a big fan already. I would get a mechanical keyboard though, but that's my personal preference. Looking forward to hearing what you think about the super! I'm still stuck on a 1070, and've been holding out on buying one. I think I might wait until august though, and check out the prices of the new 30XX range. 

I’ve never managed to get on with mechanical keyboards, they just never feel right to me and I much prefer chiclet style. Saying that though my current keyboard is terrible (you have to hold down Fn to use the F buttons instead of the other way around) so a new keyboard is next on the list.

I think I’ll pick up Civ VI today once the new gpu arrives. Gotta say though, I’m really impressed with how well my 980 has handled the new screen and resolution. It’s still playing games like Forza Horizon 4 on high.

Edited by Happenstance

Nice setup! I don't know the monitor brand but looks good. At first I thought your fan was the PC and I thought well now that is an interesting case... 2060 Super is a nice upgrade coming from a 980 as well. 

As with keyboards, I'm also not convinced that the price of a mechanical keyboard is worth it, but I'm not a fan of the chiclet laptop-type keys. I got this Cooler Master set some years ago, cost me about €30 and I still haven't felt the need to upgrade from it:

9200000029120122.jpg 

That’s the new gpu installed. Witcher 3 with everything set to ultra is gorgeous 😆

• Like 3

@Happenstance, you ought to check out Razer Ornata Chroma. It's a keyboard between mechanical and membrane keys, with low profile and an actual good look seeing that it comes from Razer. I use it every day, and it's less clicky, types like a dream, and comes with a palm rest that is really, really good. It's not too expensive either.

Edited by ArtMediocre
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2020 at 11:02 AM, ArtMediocre said:

@Happenstance, you ought to check out Razer Ornata Chroma. It's a keyboard between mechanical and membrane keys, with low profile and an actual good look seeing that it comes from Razer. I use it every day, and it's less clicky, types like a dream, and comes with a palm rest that is really, really good. It's not too expensive either.

Got sick of the F keys messing me about and ordered the Razer Ornata Chroma. It had better be awesome ArtMediocre!