NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

MSI Afterburner is good for the graphics card, looks like i will need hardware for the case fans :/

Can anyone help! My internet to my PC is terrible, i have my laptop next to it which gets 15mb while my pc gets only 2. It may be due to windows 8.1 but i dont know, anyone have any experience with this problem? Am i better just getting a new wireless card?

---------------------

Edit - Fixed it.

Windows 8.1 reserves bandwith for some reason, going into reg edit and tweaking a few things and i now have 15mb on the PC as well.

Can anyone help! My internet to my PC is terrible, i have my laptop next to it which gets 15mb while my pc gets only 2. It may be due to windows 8.1 but i dont know, anyone have any experience with this problem? Am i better just getting a new wireless card?

---------------------

Edit - Fixed it.

Windows 8.1 reserves bandwith for some reason, going into reg edit and tweaking a few things and i now have 15mb on the PC as well.

Can I ask where you found the fix and what to edit? I've noticed my Windows 8.1 machine sometimes struggles with HD video wonder if it's related.

Got my invite to the GOG Galaxy Beta today, their alternative to Steam. I only tend to buy games from GOG when they arent available on Steam but if this turns out to be any good then I'd be more willing to buy new games through GOG as well.

Generally speaking, I prefer to get games from GOG whenever I can. Part of it is because I appreciate not having my games permanently connected to a network.

Still not sure if I would adhere to Galaxy or not (I do like that they're keeping it optional), but it's nice to see a competitor to Steam. And an European one, to boot.

Frustratingly my PC still bottlenecks my speed. I'm on 8.1, anyone have any ideas? Wireless I get 12 meg on PC and 38 on my laptop.

Frustratingly my PC still bottlenecks my speed. I'm on 8.1, anyone have any ideas? Wireless I get 12 meg on PC and 38 on my laptop.

Looking around it seems this issue has been going on for ages, since 8.1 was released and I've not found anything but clearing your DNS cache, which given the website, you've already done.

There is also suggestions here that maybe you could try?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/de9a6f29-775d-4cb4-852c-8e338d907e80/networking-issues-after-upgrading-to-windows-81?forum=w8itproinstall

Otherwise my only piss poor suggestion is to change your OS as it sounds like it's not going to be fixed any time soon. :(

Got my invite to the GOG Galaxy Beta today, their alternative to Steam. I only tend to buy games from GOG when they arent available on Steam but if this turns out to be any good then I'd be more willing to buy new games through GOG as well.

Generally speaking, I prefer to get games from GOG whenever I can. Part of it is because I appreciate not having my games permanently connected to a network.

Still not sure if I would adhere to Galaxy or not (I do like that they're keeping it optional), but it's nice to see a competitor to Steam. And an European one, to boot.

Having installed and played around a bit with Galaxy. I think once full featured I'll prefer it to steam. Right now the downside is the library and friends, because I have no friends. Otherwise I prefer the UI to Steam and I think it runs much smoother than steam does.

Don't think I will buy a lot, but I may look into X-com: enemy within. I got that itch again after the sequel announcement.

Tales from the Borderlands may interest my brother.

Darkest Dungeon sounds interesting, but I'm not up for it now.

Perhaps, it's time, I finally got one of the GTA's haha. Then again, I'm not likely to play it soon, and I even have Just Cause 2 sitting unplayed in my library. Nah, never mind.

Of the rest, the Metro Redux bundle interests me the most.

Ive bought Tales from the Borderlands so far and I might get the Homeworld Collection, I'll sleep on that one.

Ive bought Tales from the Borderlands so far and I might get the Homeworld Collection, I'll sleep on that one.

Have fun with Tales from the Borderlands!

edit:

Episode 3 will probably.. 2 weeks maybe? Soon in any case, ratings have already been assigned, and Telltale's community manager (or whatever) already played it, it seems.

Dino D-Day is 90% off on Steam.

I think you all know what you need to do.

Pretty much the entirety of my wishlist is on sale...

Must be strong... must wait for dailies... :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Of the rest, the Metro Redux bundle interests me the most.

Don't forget one half of that redux is on GoG now.

Also, I'm late in saying it, but D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die released on the 6th. It's the previously Kinect Exclusive game from Swery65.

After GOG's sale, I'm holding back where I can... but I know I'll end up buying a few games on the very last day.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge is 2,50€. I've always wanted to play that one, but never owned the right handhelds. I'll probably buy it during the sale, is there anything about this PC version I should be wary about?.

Pretty much the entirety of my wishlist is on sale...

Must be strong... must wait for dailies... :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Same!

So far I have limited myself to Paparrazi and Sir You are Being Hunted!

After GOG's sale, I'm holding back where I can... but I know I'll end up buying a few games on the very last day.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge is 2,50€. I've always wanted to play that one, but never owned the right handhelds. I'll probably buy it during the sale, is there anything about this PC version I should be wary about?.

AFAIK, there's nothing really wrong with the PC port, aside from some slightly blurry visuals.

I just noticed that Rock of Ages is on sale for 0,99€.

I highly recommend that game. It's fun and very unique, and at this price it's practically free.

Missed a decent bit of the show already.

Killer Instinct is coming to Win 10 though with console crossplay. Now they're talking same thing for Fable Legends.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition coming to PC as well

American Truck Simulator by the guys that did Eurotruck simulator.

Pillars of Eternity expansion announced. The White March

Guild Wars 2 expansion announced as well.

HALF LIFE 3

http://valve.software

Second rotation on the banner. Not on my mobile so it might be down already.

mc8jtup.jpg

I've missed some things... CliffyB talked about something (he looks much matured) Starcraft expansion and something else Blizzard did having to do with Diablo

No Man's Sky coming to PC as well.

Edited by Nolan

That was a massive waste of time. Almost none of them had anything interesting to say. They should have cut half the games and just had a PR type person announce the higher profile stuff and play a few trailers. It didn't help that the host did an absolutely abysmal job either.

Yeah it was waaaay to long. Some nice tidbits came out of it but nothing great. It was their very first though so I can see it improving.

Best moment was when the host slammed what is likely a $1300+ GPU on the table.