NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Just bought Dan of War II and the Chaos Rising expansion together for £9.99 off Steam in anticipation. :D

Question, do people generally use game chat on PC? If so, anyone want to recommend me a good mic?

I don't really know about Mics, but in my experience it's less hit and miss to find talkers than on consoles.

It also helps that even without a mic people can still communicate via keyboard in most games.

Has anyone here played Two Worlds II enough to recommend it yet?

I'm looking for a good RPG, but I haven't played the first, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Well the first was pants, so the second could only be an improvement....but I'd be wary about paying more than $20 for it.

I am on Ventrilo with my gaming buddies 100% of the time I play games, even single player. I rarely use in game chats.

Can anyone help me, Steam gets stuck when it's 'Updating Steam platform...'?

Edit - Fixed!! Twentieth time's a charm!!

Edited by Daft

Uuurm, Crysis constantly crashes in the menus when I select any options. One solution seems to be to put it in the EA folder...or something. But I bought it directly off Steam. Can anyone help me with this?

Try updating your graphics drivers. Its possible that the company you bought your PC from installed the possibly out of date drivers on the disk that came with the card, rather than getting the latest drivers from the internet.

If that doesn't work, right click on the game in your steam library and select "Properties", then press the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache..." button on the "Local Files" tab.

If that doesn't work, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps" and delete any files related to Crysis in there, then go back into steam and re-install the game. Note: You didn't actually delete the game files, just the file that tells steam the game has been installed, steam will re-install the game, but it won't have to download the files again (However, at first, it may look like its doing this).

Edited by Emasher

I picked it up when it was about the same price on steam over the holidays. Really amazing game. The story isn't worth bothering with, but there's enough to do outside of the story to make up for that.

I haven't found much in the way of mods outside of alternate vehicle textures though.

Edited by Emasher

The mods are shite. Was hoping for something worthwhile, but it's all basically character/vehicle skins, rediculously overpowered weapons (1 hit kill, perfect accuracy, instant reload, infinite ammo, no recoil guns) and cheats (god/ghost mode). I was hoping for balanced weapons really, wouldn't mind a larger selection of guns but not if they're going to make combat a bigger cakewalk than it already is. Some texture packs wouldn't have gone amiss either.

There's a couple of cloud replacers and a mod that adds all vehicles to the BMD. There's also a mod that's aiming to bring Superman to Panau and other for Ironman.

The mods are shite. Was hoping for something worthwhile, but it's all basically character/vehicle skins, rediculously overpowered weapons (1 hit kill, perfect accuracy, instant reload, infinite ammo, no recoil guns) and cheats (god/ghost mode). I was hoping for balanced weapons really, wouldn't mind a larger selection of guns but not if they're going to make combat a bigger cakewalk than it already is. Some texture packs wouldn't have gone amiss either.

There's a couple of cloud replacers and a mod that adds all vehicles to the BMD. There's also a mod that's aiming to bring Superman to Panau and other for Ironman.

Hmm, after all that it still crashes in the menu but it's no big deal.

It's not a great game tbh. Even graphics wise I'm not that taken. I'd probably enjoy it more if the suit powers weren't so awkward to switch between.

Daft has his PC ooooon.

Add me on Steam, Mackinder.

I like to feel I have friends.

Just came in here to say that, some people on here have added me to Steam, but I can't add you at the moment because I still need to buy a game. lol

So Steam's doing a week long sale with, a new title on sale every day of the Week.

Today is Batman:AA for 75% off.

Also, Portal 2 is available for preorder at 10% off.

Thanks for that Emasher. I'd neglected to look at the front page today and would have missed this deal after specifically waiting for it to go on sale again. Good times!

Expect to see Just Cause 2 later this week.

Awesome. Just picked up Just Cause 2 for £5 and, because it would just be rude not to, Just Cause for £2. :D

I'm going to get Portal 2 for the PS3, though. Since it comes with the Steam version.

CoH is great, but StarCraft 2 is better. :D

That reminds me, we should seriously consider organizing some kind of N-E Starcraft 2 matches.

3v3 matches would be awesome.