NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

2 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Congrats! I always dread doing larger upgrades, haha. Next time I'll have to upgrade my CPU, which means new motherboard, possibly new RAM, and why not just add a GPU as well.

Hope you enjoy the new build! What did you end up buying?

Ryzen 5 7600x (was tempted to go with a Ryzen 7 but as this will be mostly for gaming and no CPU intensive work I decided to save some money)

RTX 4070 ti Super

32gb ram

Corsair iCUE H100x Elite (first time trying an aio)

Fractal Design Focus 2 (this was one of the reasons I went with this pre build as it had a rear exhaust fan and the other didn't)

4.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Fractal Design Focus 2 (this was one of the reasons I went with this pre build as it had a rear exhaust fan and the other didn't)

...and of course it didn't come with an exhaust fan. Time to get onto customer service and see if I can get them to send me a free one I can fit myself.

• Sad 1

Wanted something a bit more substantial to test with so decided to give Starfield another try. I didn't really put a lot of time into it the first attempt and on paper it should be a game that's right up my alley so we'll see how it goes. If anything it'll be a good stress test.

On 4/1/2024 at 5:19 PM, drahkon said:

Void Stranger

Soooo...I managed to...

Spoiler

...walk on the status bar?
And while doing so I broke the game? I.e. I was able to crash it?

tenor.gif

I also found out that you can skip certain scenes by holding "start" (or whatever that button is called on the Steam Deck). Sucks, though, because I missed some story beats :laughing:

Anyways, THE GAME IS WEIRD.

The puzzles are great, though. New mechanics every few floors and they break my brain every single time without fail.

I do wonder where the game is going. There's some odd things going on and I feel it's gonna get meta some time soon.

Got myself a new keyboard and mouse to go with the PC upgrade. Went with the Razer Basilisk V3 Pro for the mouse as I wanted something with the same ergo shape as my MX Master mouse but a bit better for gaming and then the Asus Azoth keyboard which is my first proper mechanical keyboard. For years I held off buying one, not liking the sound but I kind of love it already. I am going to have to get used a smaller keyboard again though. Might miss my numpad with Excel for work!

MzhT3xE.jpg