NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

The Underpants Gnomes from South Park?

So far my first online UT3 game has laster over 2 hours, it's a complete stale mate lol! It won't end until someone captures a flag either!

YES! Thanks for that, that's where I got it from. Although...

Yup, I know its a joke :) The 'tards from Slashdot.org started the crazy though ;).

....I never realized that it originated from there, unless they copied it from South Park (or vice-versa.)

And for those that are interested, my subscribers issue of PC Gamer arrived yesterday. It has previews of Starcraft II, Spore, Assassin's Creed and Gears of War. Some of the review scores are a bit disappointing though...

Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, 89%

Call of Duty 4, 85%

Neverwinter Nights II: Mask of the Betrayer, 84%

Football Manager 2008, 84%

Race 07, 83%

The Sims 2: Bon Voyage, 80%

The Settlers: Rise of an Empire, 79%

Sega Rally, 78%

Hellgate London, 73%

Galatic Assualt, 69%

Fifa 08, 66%

Armed Assault: Queen's Gambit, 65%

Clive Barkers Jericho, 64%

Ouch at Hellgate :S

Exactly what i was thinking, expecting a better score than that.

After playing the beta of Hellgate the score isn´t that shocking....

It does sound really disappointing tbh. The review said that the sub-systems were excellent, but the game suffers from clunky, terrible combat, and the weapons feel like hoses (no recoil, feeback, etc.)

I think I'll give this one a miss...

Yeah and the required specs for this game are ridicoulus....

And the game dosen´t look that "great"

When are the new GeForces coming out? I keep hearing "before the end of the year" but I haven't read anything official on it.

Will skip on Hellgate then, too many other great games due this christmas to mess around with anything sub-85%

There isn't anything official, but latest rumors suggest november. I'm waiting for them.

Ack, how can they not have Tyranids in there. The faith resource is an interesting idea though.

Crysis demo is now out for anyone who pre ordered the game over EA Link.

Its out for us cretins who actually don't like suckling on EA's teet at 11pm GMT.

Ack, how can they not have Tyranids in there. The faith resource is an interesting idea though.

Probably because if they added Tyranids they would have to design a new model but with Sisters of Battle and Dark Eldar they can use some of the old models and just change them.

For some reason this expansion is giving me bad wipes

Crysis, brings my machine to its fucking KNEES.

Everything on high (water, sound and particles on very high), no FFAA, 1440X900. When alot is going on it barely gets over 20fps.

... Either i settle for high, or i buy another 8800gts :p

Everything on high (water, sound and particles on very high), no FFAA, 1440X900. When alot is going on it barely gets over 20fps.

I tried everything on high (at 1680x1050), and it was the same for me tbh, ick. ¬¬

It's an awesome game, but the fact that it's so damn' demanding pisses me right off. My specs are the following; GeForce GTS (640mb), 2gb ram and a Core 2 Duo E6420. What do I need to run it better? (Appart from overclocking the hell out of it...)

Holy shit, this game actually runs at 30fps with all my settings on low!

But it's pretty disappointing to play this game at such low specs after seeing its true potential and upgrading my computer so it can run on High isn't worth it just for Crysis.

Don't know what you're whingeing about, I stuck everything on Very High - got about 4 fps, the game auto-selected Medium and it still chugged at 20.

Uninstalled.