NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

I've been playing Ep2 and Portal when I've been able to for the past few days. They're bloody awesome!! Though I only had a short go on Portal, and I'm stuck, though I think I'm half way through episode 2.

And yays for the UT3 demo! :grin:

I just finnished Ep2. This is what i have to say:

*screams prophanities whilst beating a dead horse*

Yeah, the ending is a bitch.

I'm on puzzle 18 on Portal. Defeated the turrets now totally stuck... i'll go back to that later. Great little game, damn funny too.

Well, chugged through the cut scene, looked it up on Youtube, reloaded my game and I'm on my way. So far, I have to say this is probably the best slice of Half Life I've played to date.

If the Orange Box continues to get its current good reviews (95-100%) its going on to be number 1 on Gamerankings. Thats... mad.

Yeah it would be.

Except there´s always a spoil sport going to kick it down

Except 32-bit Vista won't use a 4th GB of RAM, so it'd be pretty pointless. You'd get an extra 200MB or so out of that gig

Except 32-bit Vista won't use a 4th GB of RAM, so it'd be pretty pointless. You'd get an extra 200MB or so out of that gig

Yeah, he's right.

Vista 32bit pretty much caps out at 3.5GB, the reason why i didn't get 4 gigs in the first place.

It got leaked 2 weeks early on a torrent, look around you'll find it.

Wait, is this the beta or the demo? Are they two different things? The same thing?

Wait, is this the beta or the demo? Are they two different things? The same thing?

Usually:

Demo - A sample of the final thing

Beta - A unfinished version of the full game (or "all the parts we've finished").

Downloading it now...I'm interested to see how it'll run on my computer.

Same thing i think. The demo is a beta version? Not sure, all i know is i'll be playing UT3 by 10pm tonight :D

EDIT: By Cubes reasoning this is an unfinished version of the demo. Im guessing there'll be a second demo around release time

Usually:

Demo - A sample of the final thing

Beta - A unfinished version of the full game (or "all the parts we've finished").

Downloading it now...I'm interested to see how it'll run on my computer.

Well yeah, i know that... but.

There was a torrent for the 'demo' floating around, now Fileplanet are offering a 'beta'. I just wondered if it was actually the same build/files/whatever.

Well yeah, i know that... but.

There was a torrent for the 'demo' floating around, now Fileplanet are offering a 'beta'. I just wondered if it was actually the same build/files/whatever.

It's likely the same thing. Companies seem to be getting Beta and Demo mixed up these days. Beta Demo should be an unfinished demo build, but it's likely to just be a demo build.

Edit: McPhee edited his post to say what I said in this post while I was writing this post.

It's likely the same thing. Companies seem to be getting Beta and Demo mixed up these days. Beta Demo should be an unfinished demo build, but it's likely to just be a demo build.

Edit: McPhee edited his post to say what I said in this post while I was writing this post.

Right, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll get it by some means later tonight.

edit: Im probably breaking forum rules posting that.

The site i was downloading from just crashed :( Getting the torrent now, slower but it should be more reliable. Fingers crossed Epic just give up and release the demo officially, not gonna happen though thanks to ruddy File Planet

Oh for gawds sake. Get to the final cut scene and would you believe it, starts chugging away again the second the first you-know-what barges in, and won't let up until the credits. This is annoying.

UT3 Demo is now out officially! :yay:

I could cry, spent since about 4pm trying to get this, i finally download it and it doesn't bloody work :(

Phew. Finally finished the main game on Portal. Fantastic stuff. FYI, the cake isn't a lie, you just don't get any.