NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Hehehe, Hobbz saying some shitty football game is better than the genius that is Valve. Oh, he makes me laugh.

I've just noticed how close the CoD4 and UT3 release dates are to each other. Bugger :(

Im gonna have to choose between them...

You really are a hypocritical tit aint ya Reggie? LOL at you calling something crap you have never played or have interest in (most likely cos you sucked at the sport in real life), then accusing me of being ignorant to Half Life (a game I have played, extensions too and enjoyed may I add).

Accept that people are into different types of games and move on cos you are seriously starting to look like a mad little fan boy. To call Pro Evo a shitty game says it all, it has not been critically the best rated sports game over the last 7 years by luck.

Only difference is, i didn't go as low as insulting the other person ;).

Also, just for your info. Totally have played Pro Evo, most of the editions over the last few years. Can't say i enjoy football that much in real life, the whole kicking balls around doesn't do much for me i'll have to admit.

Mad little fanboy? Maybe! But i have been playing this franchise for years and its given me more fun than alot of games have for years. I 'respect' your opinion, but its far from the truth.

Jordan's right Hobbz - holding the next Pro Evo instalment over something like The Orange Box would be like saying watching Scrubs repeats on TV is better then seeing James Cameron's Aliens on the big screen with that girl you always fancied. And the popcorn is fantastic.

Only difference is, i didn't go as low as insulting the other person ;).

Also, just for your info. Totally have played Pro Evo, most of the editions over the last few years. Can't say i enjoy football that much in real life, the whole kicking balls around doesn't do much for me i'll have to admit.

Mad little fanboy? Maybe! But i have been playing this franchise for years and its given me more fun than alot of games have for years. I 'respect' your opinion, but its far from the truth.

I completely agree with this post! The Orange Box is going to be huge. I 'respect' hobbzinio's opinion too, but I see it this way...

HL2: Episode Two has been waay overdue and, with the huge cliffhanger ending that Episode One had, anticipation for the title has been reaching fever pitch. Adding the long-awaited TF2 and Portal into one package is a brilliant offer. TF2's been in production for almost a decade, and has a unique style to it, plus (as mentioned earlier) it's fucking mental! And Portal looks like tons of fun, as well as adding more to the ever expanding Half-Life universe.

Three games, and three completely different experiences, which all sound like everything we've come to expect from a Valve game, and Valve hardly ever disappoint (see the rave reviews of thier previous games.) Episode 2 with it's epic story, fast paced action and brilliant characterization; Portal, with it's original, brilliant and fun puzzling; and TF2, with crazy cartoony mental action.

Now, from my experience, all I've seen new football games add are a few new features, extra teams and improved graphics. Not really a huge step up from the last games. Granted, I'm not into football at all really, but saying something like a football game is better than the Orange Box is a little strange.

If I sound like a fan boy, then fair enough. After all, I'm a huge Half-Life fan and, imo, the HL franchise is one of the best gaming franchises ever. Though my argument was not to sound like a fanboy, the point I'm trying to make is that, whilst football games are a good fun to play (for most people), they don't really offer anything too new over time, just an improved experience. The Half-Life series and other Valve games are always offering something new in terms of storyline, and even in gameplay (the gravity gun in HL2 for example.)

Pro Evo is not to football games what HL2 and it's Orange-Box buddies is to video gaming itself. Pro Evo is a pretty good footballing video game. One of a number. HL2, TF2 and Portal are rare singularities in the medium of video games itself.

There is however, one game better than any other.

peggle_tips_and_tricks_col5_1.gif3.jpg

PEGGLE!

So, instead of concentrating on who isn't getting the Orange Box why don't we start talking about who is?

Im guessing everyone who is getting it is buying it on PC now?

Thanks to buying the orange box i now have an extra copy of Half-Life 2, anyone with a steam account who doesn't have HL2 (which i'm guessing is nobody) is welcome to it. All i need is your e-mail addy.

Because of the defecit between my last non-dell-cheapo-"ooh let's get that regardless of whether or not it can play the games Duncan likes" PC and this one I missed out on HL2 the first time round. I downloaded it on Friday and loved every second of it.

Peggle truly is one of the finest action-puzzle games I've ever played. It'll suck your life away, but still.

There is however, one game better than any other.

peggle_tips_and_tricks_col5_1.gif3.jpg

PEGGLE!

Too, fucking, addictive.

Its out here 8am.

Trust me.

Gamespot's timer is by US time by ours. If you get me... so its not a couple of hours, unforch.

I just realised i can't buy Orange Box over steam, they don't take Maestro or Switch! *cries bitter, bitter tears*

Gonna take a trip to the bank after work tomorrow and see if they can give me my Mastercard details (i have one, but i cut it up and threw it away so i didn't use it)

Played around 15 minutes of HL2 EP2 before work, decrypted both games.

Now i have to wait around 8 hours before i can play it. Shit. >_>

Just 7 hours until i get home to my orange box.

I´ll survive.... somehow

I just got back to uni, and Ep2 and Portal are decrypting now. However, it's taking for-fucking-ever to decrypt! It was decrypting slow, but ok just, and then it started back at 0% again, WTF?! I bloody hate waiting like this. ¬¬

Decryption is a weird sync thing between your system's and valves.

Don't expect it to be quick on day 1 of release...

mine was quick, only took a couple of minutes.

also i've almost finnished portal, i was laughing all the way through because of that vioce

Just 5 hours....5 hours....

Ahh fuck why can´t i be sick like everyone else around me