NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

My god. Peggle is AMAZING. I think I just spent almost an hour on the demo.

Never mind the demo, just get onto Steam and grab Peggel Deluxe. It's six quid and you'll never look back.

You know what, I want the Orange Box anyway and it comes with Peggle Extreme. I'll get it then :P

By the way, Garrysmod10 is also £5. It's brilliant fun. Give it a try.

Or get Garrysmod9 for free. Then again a fiver isn't bad, i just don't like the fact they took an awesome free mod, and then amde you pay for the latest iteration.

Or get Garrysmod9 for free. Then again a fiver isn't bad, i just don't like the fact they took an awesome free mod, and then amde you pay for the latest iteration.

I agree. I was very much against the idea until I saw how much better it was. It's only a fiver tbh, definately worth it. It's much more stable than before too.

Never mind the demo, just get onto Steam and grab Peggel Deluxe. It's six quid and you'll never look back.

i bought the orange box last night and discovered the joys of peggle, my mother enjoys it too. Its the most fun i've ever had with marbles and a firing mechinisum. time to buy the full version me thinks

Okay then:

Ati's 512MB 2900XT HD vs NVidia's 320(or 640)MB 8800GTS

My laptop arrived yesterday, and it has a touchpad. I hate these so much! I can't play gmaes properly and it takes forever to do stuff.

Can anyone recommend a cheap, good laptop mouse?

Also are these "finger usb mouse" any good?

I wouldn't recommend a laptop mouse at all. If it's for games then buy a full-size wired mouse. Don't go too cheap either, anything under £15 will likely die within months (i made this mistake a lot, it costs more in the long run). Personally i'd go with Logitech, my current mouse cost me £20 and has lasted 2 years! Discontinued now, otherwise i'd recommend it

Okay then:

Ati's 512MB 2900XT HD vs NVidia's 320(or 640)MB 8800GTS

Depending on price, 2900XT

I wouldn't recommend a laptop mouse at all. If it's for games then buy a full-size wired mouse.

My Logitech mouse has lasted nearly 2 years! I would recommend it but it seems to have been discontinued :( Personally i'd go with on of they're products, Logitech are basically the only manufacturer i buy peripherals from these days and they never let me down

Well, by games, I just mean the odd pla on RCT3 or worms, nothing like call of duty 2 etc.

I just find the touchpad so uncomfortable, will a laptop mouse do for normal tasks etc?

The say they'll unlock them at midnight PST, so hopefully by about 8am this Wednesday. I shall be off College that day. Excellent.

Ah cock. I have work on Weds... ah well, atleast i can get up earlier, get ready and dressed the head out as late as possible after downloading.

Yeah, but other than size theres no advantages. I personally find laptop mice very uncomfortable, full size mice on the other hand fit nicely in to the palm

a while back i finished HL2, then i played through it again for the hell of it although i couldn't be arsed doing Ravenholme again so i left it. Last night i suffered through it and finaly finnished it for the second time. Right after that i started playing episode 1 and finished that in one sitting, although it is kind of short.

Now i'm all ready for episode 2, and also portal which looks kickass ^_^

I'm not too bothered about Episode 2 ATM. It's taken the backseat. Portal is the main game in the package for me.

It's odd that most of my morning on Wednesday will be spent on motion of projectiles, which is what a lot of Portal will be.

I downloaded the Orange Box from Steam, and since there's no botmatch I can see on TF2 I was hoping you guys could show me the ropes. What say you?

I would if I had the damn thing ¬¬

I'll see what I can do tonight :P

TF2 is beautiful. It's like an elaborate puzzle - individually none of the pieces make much sense, but when placed together it reveals itself as beautifully composed landscape of orgasmic cartoon violence.

TF2 is essentially genius.

Everything is balanced fairly well, squad tatics are great and the game has amazing character.