NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

You're probably getting stuck into Halo 3 at the moment, but since I don't own a 360 I've been having a look at the Clive Barker's Jericho demo. It's a Lovecraft inspired FPS that deserves a download, if you can wade through the cheese (shoot the bald guy in your squad and you'll see what I mean) then the 10 minutes worth of gameplay show a lot of promise. It looks sublime as well.

Only time you ever want to use 2 GPUs is if you want to drive 3 or more monitors, they consume way more power and have tons more driver issues than single cards

People keep mentioning Jericho, will have to give it a download i guess...

Is it just me or does that DoW announcement not say who the new races are?

No, they're keeping their cards to their chest just for the mo, but the most likely suspects are Dark Eldar and Tyranids.

Weren't the Tyranids part of one of the factions currently? Like, you could choose between them or another part of the faction.

Not as far as I'm aware of. They're massively overdue addition. Tank-sized acid spewing Alien-esque beatles FTW. Throw those bad boys in and DoW will finally reach it's absolute zenith.

does any 1 think downloading iso pc files is wrong?

As long as they are legal ISO files then no ;)

Just pre-ordered orange box on steam and i´m loving the price of this thing!

Stores around here usually charge around 47 pounds for new games...

Just pre-ordered orange box on steam ansd i´m loving the price of this thing!

Stores around here usually charge around 47 pounds for new games...

Download Team Fortress 2 and join the steam N-Europe group I made.

I'm actually getting pretty pumped for HL2: Ep 2. I'm this close to playing through Ep 1 again. Just for the sweet hell of it. And of course, Portal is going to be amazing.

Crysis is awesome people. It's not just eye candy, the gameplay is brilliant, multiplayer wise. I can't say too much more due to a silly/shaky NDA, but I do anyway, lol.

It's running on low settings on my PC: 3ghz P4, 1gb RAM, 256mb GeForce 7600 GT PCI-E.

I havn't tried on medium, but when it auto detected, for some reason, it put me on full low settings...with 4x AA. That confused me a bit, so the AA is off (really choppy and slow gameplay). I'll try a few settings on medium later.

Screenshots available if you want 'em.

Crysis is awesome people. It's not just eye candy, the gameplay is brilliant, multiplayer wise. I can't say too much more due to a silly/shaky NDA, but I do anyway, lol.

It's running on low settings on my PC: 3ghz P4, 1gb RAM, 256mb GeForce 7600 GT PCI-E.

I havn't tried on medium, but when it auto detected, for some reason, it put me on full low settings...with 4x AA. That confused me a bit, so the AA is off (really choppy and slow gameplay). I'll try a few settings on medium later.

Screenshots available if you want 'em.

What? How are you playing this game? Why can't I play it? I wants it!

Hurrah, Portal is now preloading on Steam if you bought the orange box.

Jeeze, the game is out on Tuesday O_o. I plan to finish EP2 in a night :D

Hurrah, Portal is now preloading on Steam if you bought the orange box.

Jeeze, the game is out on Tuesday O_o. I plan to finish EP2 in a night :D

So we get it on the US release day, then? Aces

(what does pre-loading do, anyway?)

Edit: Ah, so it essentially downloads the whole game before release. Nifty. Still, why can't they let us play the game early?

So we get it on the US release day, then? Aces

(what does pre-loading do, anyway?)

Edit: Ah, so it essentially downloads the whole game before release. Nifty. Still, why can't they let us play the game early?

Pre loading has been going on since 2004 with HL2. It just means the servers aren't flooded on day 1 of release.

good grief. I registered a couple of kills on BF2 for the first time in a few months and suddenly all the points I earned over the points not updating-season counted up. I went up more then a rank and a half, and apparently I earned a gold star at some point. I can't even remember doing it. Must have been the round of my life.

HL2: Episode 2, now pre loading! Although it's going very slow for me (around 16-54kb/s). Any ideas why? Anyone else got this problem?

EDIT: Oh, it's going ok now... never mind. Lol. :heh:

EDIT 2: Okay, now it's decided to go back to 33.1kb/s (and declining), what the fuck?! Valve really need to sort out their content servers.

EDIT 3: Ah screw it! I'm going to bed now anyway (as I've got to get up early tomorrow to do uni work, then I have uni all afternoon.) I'll continue pre loading tomorrow methinks.

Wow, that's a lot of edits... :heh:

Recommended specs for UT3, according to IGN, are:

Everyone sorted then eh?

That is surprisingly low.

HL2: Episode 2 finished pre loading for me this morning, the net was back to normal. :)

Recommended specs for UT3, according to IGN, are:

<pc specs...>

Everyone sorted then eh?

I'm happy with that! The only thing dragging my system down is my processor, it's at 2.1ghz at each core. Though I only need to overclock it by a few hundred mhz, and then alls good. :grin: