NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

18 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Bodes well for the future of the series now that they are allowed on the PC.

Indeed.

I’d pretty much given up on them ever being released for PC, so I’m glad they finally got it sorted out.

23 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I need to take a look and see what kind of modding scene the Yakuza games have on PC these days.

Do you use many mods in general?

I occasionally look into them, but always end up getting put off by the potential faff and then never bother. :hehe:

The only thing I persevered with was the Resi 4 HD Fan Project, as that was just too good to miss out on. :cool: It was relatively straightforward to install too.

Most of the Yakuza mods I’ve seen are model swaps, like switching Kiryu with Haruka. :laughing:

I’m pretty sure someone fixed the Ono Michio costume in Yakuza 6 too, so you can always wear the proper one with a gigantic head. :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Do you use many mods in general?

I occasionally look into them, but always end up getting put off by the potential faff and then never bother. :hehe:

The only thing I persevered with was the Resi 4 HD Fan Project, as that was just too good to miss out on. :cool: It was relatively straightforward to install too.

Most of the Yakuza mods I’ve seen are model swaps, like switching Kiryu with Haruka. :laughing:

I’m pretty sure someone fixed the Ono Michio costume in Yakuza 6 too, so you can always wear the proper one with a gigantic head. :D

It depends on the game and the extent of the mods. Main ones I've used over the years have been for Skyrim, Star Trek Bridge Commander and the Persona 4 Golden last year. Oh and I did try a load of the realistic graphics mods on GTA V which were pretty impressive.

• Like 1

It got overshadowed by the Nintendo Direct, the State of Play and the Tokyo Game Show all happening around the same time, so I'm just going to leave this here, Freedom Planet 2 recently came out on Steam. Of interest to @Jonnas but also to anyone who like Sonic games because this game has been getting glowing user reviews from those who've played it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/595500/Freedom_Planet_2/

There's currently a 10% discount on Steam. It isn't coming to Switch until next year though, or any other console for that matter. The game has been in development for 7 years. The guy who made Sonic Mania, Christian Whitehead, designed the engine behind this game and its probably the closest you're ever going to get to a Sonic Mania 2, even moreso than Origins. Its about more than twice the size of its predecessor with even going fast through it setting you back 9 hours or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for reminding me about Freedom Planet 2! The game's looking crazy good, and I'm glad that seems to be, in fact, true!

Sad thing is the terrible timing for me. I'm busy with a lot of stuff in life, in the middle of a couple other playthroughs, and it's also been pain to play anything on my PC lately (it takes forever to boot, among a bunch of other flaws). As such, I'm tempted to get this on Switch when that version comes out... Or maybe I should just get a better PC already.

Regardless, I'll pick it up as soon as a good opportunity clears up.

• Thanks 1

Anyone ever used Gamemaker to try and build a game? I'm in another one of my creative kicks in the mood for a project and was thinking about trying out Gamemaker through Steam.

I know the site says 1 - 2 weeks, but does anyone know how long it is likely to take for the Steam Deck to arrive after ordering?

40 minutes ago, Ike said:

I know the site says 1 - 2 weeks, but does anyone know how long it is likely to take for the Steam Deck to arrive after ordering?

Mine arrived about 5-7 days after my pre-order was processed.  So I'd imagine that you won't be waiting long :)

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2022 at 7:30 PM, Happenstance said:

Anyone ever used Gamemaker to try and build a game? I'm in another one of my creative kicks in the mood for a project and was thinking about trying out Gamemaker through Steam.

Not directly using Game Maker but I have been using something called GMEdit to code for Rivals of Aether for the Steam Workshop's modding.

I am also being sucked in by Vampire Survivor. Was recommended by a friend. At first I didn't think it was all that great but I went on one hell of a run in the Library. Was getting so good that the screen was flooded and i was only getting chicken or money from chests. Now I can't stop playing the damn game.

Edited by martinist

The Steam Deck is on sale with 10% off to celebrate its 1 year anniversary.

So... TLOU Part 1 on PC is a steaming trash-fire of a port.  That's not cool.

What's even more super not cool is Naughty Dog trying to throw Iron Galaxy under the bus when they only worked in a minor supporting role (the port was primarily done by Naughty Dog in-house, with Iron Galaxy providing some minor support work)...

Fucking shameful behaviour all around.  They rushed this out before it was ready because they wanted to cash in on the TV show's success.  Don't drag poor Iron Galaxy through your mud!

So i just upgarded my ram from 16 to 32 GB and repasted my CPU. I had a hell of a time getting in there though thanks to that black rock pro 4 i've got sitting on the CPU. Overhangs the ram so i had to rip that off of there before slotting them in. You ever try to reasemble that big freaking cooler in a closed case without taking out the monthrboard? Think i sweat half my body weight getting that thing back in.

Thinking about switching to an AIO in the future. Much more space in the case after that.

Edited by martinist
rewording, spelling
  • Like 1

And a day after installing that ram my BIOS corrupts and i have to reinstall windows. I've lost practicly everything.

Got caught up in the hype and bought Baldur's Gate 3. Really looking forward to playing it.

So I just found out that this is a thing...

https://www.acer.com/gb-en/spatiallabs

https://store.acer.com/en-gb/acer-ds1-monitor-asv15-1b-blue-ff-r1wek-001

Acer have just recently brought out a range of autostereoscopic PC displays and laptops, and it's actually available to buy commercially! It's not some sort of fancy prototype pie-in-the-sky concept device, it's a real thing that you can buy and use with your own Windows PC today!

acer-spatialLabs-view-pro-banner-l-1:Sec

Oh baby! That's the good stuff!

It's basically exactly like the New Nintendo 3DS screen, complete with eye tracking... except that it's a 4k display that can show S3D content in full 1080p resolution

And in a shocking move, they're actually working with game developers to give games a proper stereoscopic 3D makeover.  And this isn't just your typical PC gamer shite that I'm not interested in... because they've actually given the full S3D treatment to the likes of Octopath Traveller 1 & 2, actual good games that I would actually care about! :o 

If you know anything about me, you know that I fucking love stereoscopic 3D! Right now it costs a bomb, but I really hope it does well and we start seeing larger versions of the display, prices come down and more games get the S3D treatment.  I'm really happy to see someone push autostereoscopic 3D tech once again, I've missed it so much with the Switch.

Acer does what Nintendon't! :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And here I was thinking you couldn't make Octopath Traveler look any better...

I approve massively of this!

On 15/08/2023 at 11:13 PM, Dcubed said:

So I just found out that this is a thing...

https://www.acer.com/gb-en/spatiallabs

https://store.acer.com/en-gb/acer-ds1-monitor-asv15-1b-blue-ff-r1wek-001

Acer have just recently brought out a range of autostereoscopic PC displays and laptops, and it's actually available to buy commercially! It's not some sort of fancy prototype pie-in-the-sky concept device, it's a real thing that you can buy and use with your own Windows PC today!

acer-spatialLabs-view-pro-banner-l-1:Sec

Oh baby! That's the good stuff!

It's basically exactly like the New Nintendo 3DS screen, complete with eye tracking... except that it's a 4k display that can show S3D content in full 1080p resolution

And in a shocking move, they're actually working with game developers to give games a proper stereoscopic 3D makeover.  And this isn't just your typical PC gamer shite that I'm not interested in... because they've actually given the full S3D treatment to the likes of Octopath Traveller 1 & 2, actual good games that I would actually care about! :o 

If you know anything about me, you know that I fucking love stereoscopic 3D! Right now it costs a bomb, but I really hope it does well and we start seeing larger versions of the display, prices come down and more games get the S3D treatment.  I'm really happy to see someone push autostereoscopic 3D tech once again, I've missed it so much with the Switch.

Acer does what Nintendon't! :D

I… I bought it… (got it on a discount at least)

I just tried it out…

I just saw the greatest avocado I’ve ever seen in my life!

This thing is the real deal! It works exactly as advertised! I cannot WAIT to play Octopath Traveller 1 & 2 on this thing!! :D (But it’ll have to wait until Saturday).  God it’s SO fucking cool! I LOVE it! :bouncy:

Edited by Dcubed

0guyllM.jpg

funny-crying-japanese-overflowing-tears-

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

It works just as well as I was hoping it would! Like a little diorama come to life :D

Yeah, if you crave the 3D experience again; I massively reccommend this screen!

I gotta try out some Virtual Boy and 3DS games on this thing...

• Like 2

Look, I'm all for bigging up how awesome this is (Because it is), but it kinda defeats the point if you show it off with a 2D photo!

I really don't need to play Octopath again, but it's so tempting!