NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Bought Rogue Legacy 2 now it’s had its full release. I sunk a shit load of hours into the first one so I’m looking forward to getting into this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Bought Rogue Legacy 2 now it’s had its full release. I sunk a shit load of hours into the first one so I’m looking forward to getting into this.

Awesome. Enjoy.

Let us know what you think once you've spent some time with it :)

I hope it'll get a release on PlayStation soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Awesome. Enjoy.

Let us know what you think once you've spent some time with it :)

I hope it'll get a release on PlayStation soon.

Yeah I played it for a while yesterday and really enjoyed it. It's basically just a refinement of the first game with new weapons/classes etc and a much more polished look to it. I'm sure there will be more as I get further in of course. Only attempted the first boss once so far but didn't make it through. 

Think this is another one that will get a lot of time on my Steam Deck when I finally get it. Still checking my emails every Monday and Thursday at 6pm to see if I can order it yet 😆

Been messing around with the Steam Link app on my new tablet today. I've tried it quickly before but this is the first time I've properly tested and paid attention. Quite impressed with the visuals and connection, especially when compared to something like Xbox cloud gaming which still struggles from time to time. Biggest complaint would be the controller lag. Its not gonna be an issue in some games but anything where timing is involved I just don't think I can play. Tried WWE 2K22 and maybe managed one reversal in a couple of matches.

I see the latest Steam Deck update added game specific profiles for settings. Sounds like great news and something that was definitely needed. I love that you can alter settings depending on the game but wasn't looking forward to having to redo them everytime I loaded a new game.

Anyone interested in a Steam key for Jurassic World Evolution? I bought the expansions via Humble Bundle but it also came with a key for the main game, which I already have.

The Steam Deck docking station has been delayed due to component shortages:

Marvel’s Spider-Man series is coming to PC

That’s right, the acclaimed PlayStation action-blockbuster hits Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales are heading to PC.

[...]

we can reveal that Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered will launch on PC on August 12, 2022 while Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales will launch on PC in Fall 2022.

Nixxes will bring Sony some serious cash.

• Like 1

Ok that's my Steam Deck preorder finally come up so I've just ordered. Can't wait for it to arrive now!

• Like 3

Ok I'm making my install list now. I have a feeling this will turn into a bit of an RPG machine for me where I get more of a chance to play games when I can't be arsed to sit at my desk for long periods of time.

Yakuza Kiwami 2
Persona 4 Golden
Phoenix Wright Trilogy
Rogue Legacy 2
Eastward
Spelunky 2
Fallout New Vegas
Batman Arkham City

Final Fantasy XIV is gonna go on there in a few months when I resub.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, euroninfan said:

@Happenstance can you play FPS OR TPS on a steam deck ,with a good view of the distance ?

I haven't played any shooters yet so I can't say personally but I've definitely seen other people praising how it works for them.

Should be the start of the Steam Summer Sale tonight. First time in a few years I actually expect to spend quite a bit during it (as long as the discounts are worth it of course!).

23 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Should be the start of the Steam Summer Sale tonight. First time in a few years I actually expect to spend quite a bit during it (as long as the discounts are worth it of course!).

Had a quick look through it yesterday, seems pretty weak though. :hmm: Most of the best offers are for really old games that are already in my library. :hehe:

I think the days of absolutely crazy discounts on Steam sales are long gone unfortunately. :blank:

You pick anything up?

4 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Had a quick look through it yesterday, seems pretty weak though. :hmm: Most of the best offers are for really old games that are already in my library. :hehe:

I think the days of absolutely crazy discounts on Steam sales are long gone unfortunately. :blank:

You pick anything up?

Nothing yet, I agree it's not the best sale ever. I might just get a couple of double dips that I wanted to play on my Steam Deck like Shenmue and Dead Cells then wait for better discounts later for other stuff. I was tempted by the FFVI pixel remaster but that can probably wait as I've still got other long games waiting to be played.

• Like 1

Nothing yet, I agree it's not the best sale ever. I might just get a couple of double dips that I wanted to play on my Steam Deck like Shenmue and Dead Cells then wait for better discounts later for other stuff. I was tempted by the FFVI pixel remaster but that can probably wait as I've still got other long games waiting to be played.
I didn't know you had a Steam Deck?
  • Haha 1

Got myself a copy of Katana Zero. I may still get Tales of Arise but I haven't decided yet.

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

Got myself a copy of Katana Zero.

Good man. It's a fantastic game.

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I may still get Tales of Arise but I haven't decided yet.

Don't do it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Don't do it. 

Yeah I remember you didn't like it but it still interests me and as it has mostly good reviews I'm just hoping we'll have different opinions on it.

Gave Katana Zero a go anyway and really enjoying it so far. Reminds me of a cross between Hotline Miami and Gunpoint.

52 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah I remember you didn't like it but it still interests me and as it has mostly good reviews I'm just hoping we'll have different opinions on it.

Oh, if you want a different opinion from H-o-T, you should ask me instead.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh, if you want a different opinion from H-o-T, you should ask me instead.

Nah I'm good 😝

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Nah I'm good 😝

Damnit! I was hoping you'd ask and then I'd just reply with "Haven't played it"

My terrible plan has failed!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

Anyone ever play the Atelier games? Still looking for a jrpg to buy and it seems like Atelier Ryza could be a good jumping on point but I basically know nothing about that series.