NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

M8T52hl.jpg

Stopping here for tonight. Have to put the SSD in and the graphics card. Wire everything up and i'm done. Hopefully it posts tomorrow. Might do something about the ATX connector also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd have put the videocard on before putting the motherboard in the case.. But good luck tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

I always wait with the video card, and have never even heard about anyone who puts it on while the motherboard is out of the case. Might be good for first time builds while you have the whole case on its side. 

But yeah, as @Sméagol said, use your motherboard/case manuals. They are the best thing you have! Did you get the USB-connector in place eventually?

50 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

I always wait with the video card, and have never even heard about anyone who puts it on while the motherboard is out of the case. Might be good for first time builds while you have the whole case on its side. 

But yeah, as @Sméagol said, use your motherboard/case manuals. They are the best thing you have! Did you get the USB-connector in place eventually?

It "went in" but it didn't do so willingly. I'll check if my front pannle USB 3 works if i can get a post screen. If it doesn't work then it's not a huge loss. 

Edited by martinist

sPKJmCI.jpg

My child is complete. Just need to stick the pannles on and power it on for the first time. I'll do the cable management thing later.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

fZVMrYv.jpg

Good news: My boi lives.

Bad news: My CPU cooler fans don't look like they're running.

EDIT: CPU fan issue is fixed, seems it popped out of the headder when i was throwing cables through it.

Works fine now, Still need to manage my cables, my back pannel won't fit back on because of the mess back there but i'll sort it tomorrow. Good for airflow though ;)

Edited by martinist
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Anything in particular you are planning on testing it out with?

Well it's a Titan Black, pretty old card. I'll stick GTA 5 on and see how it goes. I'm not expecting high fps from anything too taxing untill i can upgrade the graphics card.

A nearly half hour interview from IGN with Gabe Newell on the Steam Deck, well worth a watch:

For anyone who has Amazon Prime Gaming, Battlefield V is now free to claim there. Activates in Origin so yours to keep even after cancelling the subscription.

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It does indeed look awesome, but man... TOO BIG. :grin:

Someone wake me up when the Steam Deck mini exists. :heh:

I think the most mindblowing thing seen in these previews is the fact that you can use the Steam Deck screen as a second monitor when you dock it!  That's so awesome!!!

This is gonna be fantastic for productivity when you dual boot Windows! A full PC that you just chuck in your pocket and get a dual monitor setup on whatever screen you plug it into! :D 

7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

chuck in your pocket

Chucking a Steam Deck in your pocket:

tenor.gif

:laughing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Anyone ever use one of those monitor light bars that you attach to the top of your monitor? Just wondering if they're worth it at all.

Chapter 2 of Deltarune gets released for PC and Mac tomorrow.

I'm definitely gonna be replaying Chapter 1 to refresh my memory.

PC Building Simulator is currently free on the Epic Games Store. Fun little game if you like to mess around with PCs.

• Like 1

Anyone ever used the Steelseries Arctis 9 wireless headset? My headphones seem to be starting to die so I thought I might switch to a low latency wireless pair and those Steelseries ones seem to have reviewed well and look relatively normal in comparison to a lot of headsets these days.

15 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Anyone ever used the Steelseries Arctis 9 wireless headset? My headphones seem to be starting to die so I thought I might switch to a low latency wireless pair and those Steelseries ones seem to have reviewed well and look relatively normal in comparison to a lot of headsets these days.

Not with the 9 wireless, but I have the wired Arctis 3. Quite happy with it, of course you lose some functions with the cheaper model (like 5.1 dolby), but I really like the build of it which is similar to the 9. The elastic headband is very comfortable and the retractable microphone is nice for when you just use it for audio.

• Thanks 1

Not used it myself, but a lot of my friends have the Arctis 7 (I think?), and they all reccommend it. Should be pretty good, and 9 is probably better :D

God of War coming to PC on 14th January 2022. 

Steam page here

The tech side of things:

High Fidelity Graphics
Striking visuals enhanced on PC. Enjoy true 4K resolution, on supported devices, [MU1] with unlocked framerates for peak performance. Dial in your settings via a wide range of graphical presets and options including higher resolution shadows, improved screen space reflections, the addition of GTAO and SSDO, and much more.

NVIDIA® DLSS and Reflex Support
Quality meets performance. Harness the AI power of NVIDIA Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) to boost frame rates and generate beautiful, sharp images on select Nvidia GPUs. Utilize NVIDIA Reflex low latency technology allowing you to react quicker and hit harder combos with the responsive gameplay you crave on GeForce GPUs.

Ultra-wide Support
Immerse yourself like never before. Journey through the Norse realms taking in breathtaking vistas in panoramic widescreen. With 21:9 ultra-widescreen support, God of War™ presents a cinema quality experience that further expands the original seamless theatrical vision.

It's yet another title from September's Nvidia GeForce Now leaks. 

Spoiler

• Demon's Souls

• Deraciné

• Ghost of Tsushima

• Gran Turismo 7

• Helldivers 2

• Ratchet & Clank

• Returnal 

• Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 1

Still debating on the headset at the moment. I prefer the look of the Steelseries and I like the retractable mic but a lot of reviews I'm reading now seem to recommend the Razer Blackshark v2 Pro for higher quality audio and mic. I'm probably going to wait until Black Friday anyway so I've got time to figure it out.

Smart to wait for the Black Friday deals yeah. I've been burnt by Razer headsets a few times, so now I'm just rocking a Sennheiser one that does the trick really good. 

Also, GoW on PC is a huge win! I haven't played the previous games though, so I think I'll be missing out on a lot of story if I just jump right into this game. Am I right, or is it a good game to play in its own sense?

If the list you put up is correct @Julius, then I am overjoyed! The game I've been most bummed of being exclusive is Ghost of Tsushima, and to be able to play it on PC will be incredible :D Thanks for the list!

• Like 1