NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

The Steam Deck really intreagues me no end.I was already thinking i wanted a new PC to play games, but i just didn't see the point as such in connecting it to the same TV my PS5 is on,as 9 out of 10 times i could get the same game for PS5. That and i didn'tknow where to begin due to graphics cards prices.

Then along comes what looks like a Switch clone that i can keep on steam OS or put on windows and run my expansive Steam library on and when the mood takes buy games for that. the fact i can dock it with a TV or the monitor i have from work for home working means its the ideal solution for now, until i want a PC build.

I don't see it as a direct competitor to the Switch in the short term, but should it work and should it prove to be a good option, i can see anyone who wanted a switch pro buying one, and realistically its 2022 before we get an actual switch pro. Hell the money i was going to spend on a Switch OLED will cover this, so Nintendo already lost a sale and it seems i'm not an isolated case.

Maybe it will make help nitnendo, they don't want to get too confortable with that handheld monopoly

• Thanks 1

So i'm thinknig about building a PC. However my desk is a piece of crappy plywood that would snap like a toothpick if i sat a case on it. All the desks i'm seeing on amazon or argos or wherever have the case at your feet, off to the side and I don't want that. I've got a glass pannle on there so i want to see it. I want to put my case on the desk but i see these max load weights of 30kg and 40kg.

I just need someone to reccomend a good strong desk. One that I can sit a mid-tower on.

2 hours ago, martinist said:

So i'm thinknig about building a PC. However my desk is a piece of crappy plywood that would snap like a toothpick if i sat a case on it. All the desks i'm seeing on amazon or argos or wherever have the case at your feet, off to the side and I don't want that. I've got a glass pannle on there so i want to see it. I want to put my case on the desk but i see these max load weights of 30kg and 40kg.

I just need someone to reccomend a good strong desk. One that I can sit a mid-tower on.

Just get a simple desk from Ikea (not too simple). The ones you can customize.

I’m really in the mood to replay KOTOR but I want to wait until I’ve got the Steam Deck to do it. I have a feeling it might turn into a bit of an RPG machine for me. It’ll be crazy to play Persona 4 Golden like that.

15 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I’m really in the mood to replay KOTOR

There was talk of a remake a few months back. Not very clear on when it'll officially be revealed or released though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

There was talk of a remake a few months back. Not very clear on when it'll officially be revealed or released though.

Great….now I’ve got a decision to make 😆 

Got my PC parts comming tomorrow. Hopefully this isn't a big £1500 mistake >_<

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, martinist said:

I meant to ask after seeing your list, what hz is your new monitor?

7 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I meant to ask after seeing your list, what hz is your new monitor?

60hz

Just now, martinist said:

60hz

Ah right. That would be my one critique from your list then. I think 4k is less important for pc gaming than a higher refresh rate monitor. Other than that though it all looks cool.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, martinist said:

giphy.gif

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, euroninfan said:

@martinisti am  working on a budget build for around 700 euro, what graphics card are you getting ?

I'm reusing an Nvidia GTX Titan Black I have in an old tower. The prices of GPU's would have put the price up around £800 - £1K ish

6D3soDg.jpg

This is what I have so far, there are two 140 fans stacked on top of each other. YODEL is delivering the rest of it. >_>

UPDATE: case just arrived

QpoZqW2.jpg

Edited by martinist

i'm basicly following this. My motherboard is different, as well as the ram, SSD's  and the power supply. Got all the parts i could from it so i can try and follow along once i start building it. Guy breakes down the parts he's using at the start.

Edited by martinist
  • Like 1

Well, this will be fun. Please give us updates along the way. And good luck, just think of it as the most expensive lego there is :D 

UT8pJ04.jpg

Does it look like i've bent any pins? This thing just doesn't want to go in.

the power cable with "CPU" on it goes into the motherboard? or is it the other end?

6 minutes ago, martinist said:

the power cable with "CPU" on it goes into the motherboard? or is it the other end?

Into the motherboard.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, martinist said:

Check your manuals. But most stuff should fit only one way.

• Like 1