NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Digital Foundry showcase Graven on the PC, it's a modern day version of Hexen, which seems to be the next old-style FPS-type game to get a remake.

Edited by S.C.G

On 9/10/2020 at 4:52 PM, Vileplume2000 said:

Apparently the embargo for reviews of the new NVIDIA series is September 14th, so I guess we'll be seeing a lot of news about them next week.

Embargo got pushed to the 16th, so we have a full day of reviews before making a choice.

• Thanks 1

Reminder that the 3080 cards should be available at 2pm(bst), so about an hour and half from time of posting.

I already have multiple tabs with GPUs open and ready for order, just to be sure I'll be able to snag one. The supply is supposedly really, really low, so the cards will most likely be sold out after a few minutes/hours, and resupply won't happen until around christmas. Just a heads up.

Edited by ArtMediocre

Went from notify to out of stock in 4 minutes. Never saw a buy button.

Other sites seem to be down.

I managed to snag two cards. A MSI Gaming Trio X and an ASUS TUF Gaming OC. Now I just need to figure out which is better (as I had no reviews beforehand), before selling the other one. Most likely at a bit of a higher cost, if I can :p (sorry)

Aaand like everyone around, I have to wait for my cards. What a terrible launch :heh:. So few cards for so many buyers. A retailer here in Scandinavia is apparently having over 10.000 backorders, so I guess people will have to wait a while. 

My cards are due to be sent sometime next week, but I'll believe it when I get the shipping numbers. On the bright side, it looks like the affordable ASUS TUF Gaming is a really solid card! 

• Like 1

This is out now. Haven't heard of it before but it seems really cool :D
Here's hoping it'll come out to more platforms eventually :peace:

• Like 2

Managed to order a 3070 FE, should be decent enough upgrade at least. Took like 30 minutes because the site wouldn't work sometimes.

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection is currently discounted on Steam, so I finally picked it up. Played one Red Alert skirmish and it's fun as always! Loved the old-school intro video of "installing" the game, and the graphical upgrade as well as the QoL upgrades are more than welcome if you see the old style!

Will be a lot of fun replaying the campaigns. 

Control Ultimate Edition is 50% off, is that good? Pretty sure I saw some positive opinions on here. Was thinking about getting for my Xbox, but well...

Haul so far :D

tyBvhke.png

@Ike I picked up Control last time it was on sale but haven't even installed it yet... If it's cheap on Steam at 50% off, I'd say go for it. 

Damn, the one game I was hoping for isn't on sale (NieR:Automata). May pick up a couple of things but really I shouldn't, my PC backlog is immense already!

I would be tempted by the Autumn sale if the bigger Winter sale wasn't just around the corner. I know the bigger sales aren't as great as they used to be but I kinda wanna wait it out but some games that haven't been on sale on my wishlist are now. I am conflicted.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Control was £13 on Cdkeys so picked it up from there. They've got some stuff cheaper than buying directly from Steam.

Anyone have any luck streaming Steam from a PC to a Chromecast?

I think I have a driver issue preventing me from doing it, but I just wanted to make sure it was possible before I start faffing about.

1 hour ago, bob said:

Anyone have any luck streaming Steam from a PC to a Chromecast?

I think I have a driver issue preventing me from doing it, but I just wanted to make sure it was possible before I start faffing about.

Driver for what?

The only way I know how to do it would be use the cast plug-in for Chrome to share your whole desktop and open the game. You’d need a wireless controller to connect to the PC to be able to play it. I’d imagine it would be really laggy as well, Casting wasn’t really made for stuff like this.

• Like 1

Driver for what?
The only way I know how to do it would be use the cast plug-in for Chrome to share your whole desktop and open the game. You’d need a wireless controller to connect to the PC to be able to play it. I’d imagine it would be really laggy as well, Casting wasn’t really made for stuff like this.

Yeah that's what I've tried, but it casts the Chrome tab and then freezes. I googled it, and some people mentioned it might be the graphics card driver?

I've plugged my PS4 controller into my PC before to play with Big Picture, and it works really well, I just wanted to mirror my screen onto my TV.

I'll have a play around and see if I can get it to work.

I know there is a Steam Link app on the Android store (for streaming your PC to an Android phone or tablet). But I'm not sure if you can then further cast that to a Chromecast.

I still have my Steam Link here (and the Steam controller) but haven't even set it up after moving houses. I should go out and get me a couple of black ethernet cables (for aesthetics) so I can hook it up to the livingroom TV.