NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

I also found Octodad and Runner 3 in the mix. Crazy bundle, and adding Celeste just made the deal even sweeter. Bought and donated a bit extra

I got it as well for a bit above the minimum price. Probably won't even look at 99,99% of the games though haha. I saw some game devs promoting it on Twitter so I figured if they are behind this then I shouldn't feel ashamed for picking it up for this bargain price.

PC Gaming Show is live in 5 minutes is interested in watching. Keeping my fingers crossed for my Persona announcements!

Have been checking in on the PC Gamer Show intermittently as I was interested in seeing Twin Mirror from Dontnod but we only really got a 30 second showing of it. Still, it looks much improved on the last time it was shown over a year ago. Hoping that there'll be more to show in the coming days/weeks and hopefully a release date for it as it is supposed to be out this year.

Shadowman getting a remaster was random. Not sure Nightdive taking on another game is a good sign given everything with System Shock 3 and the long in development remaster of the original System Shock (which showed up and looked decent but odd choice of music in that trailer).

Good to see a date for Cris Tales, Nov. 17th. And nice to see The Last Campfire again but I'd have liked more concrete date than Summer 2020.

Think I'll need to go back through and watch the whole thing and see what else was there but for the most part, what I saw was a better showing than previous years for the PC Gamer Show.

Hitman Absolution is FREE on Gog.com right now.

Unfortunately, I don't know for how much longer, I just clicked it immediately. I'm assuming 35 hours (which is how much time is left for the Summer Sale to end)

Edited by Jonnas

That's still too expensive for Hitman: Absolution. :p

But free is free, I guess.

• Haha 1

New trailer and gameplay of Ghostrunner. It was shown as part IGN's Summer of Gaming and while it's coming to consoles, it was the PC version on show and I've been able to try out the demo thanks to GeForce Now.

It continues to look great. They've nailed that cross of Mirror's Edge meets Dishonored within the Cyberpunk setting. It played well in the demo, just a shame it was short but it definitely got its hooks in and has me wanting to play more. It's set to come out later this year so looking forward to it.

Great time to be a PC gamer. 

Just added Persona 4 Golden and Sea of Theives to my Steam wishlist. Also noticed that Heavy Rain and Detroit Become Human are on there as well as a wealth of EA games being added in the past few days. Fallen Order might just be my first EA game in years. 

I already have Horizon and Death Stranding on there, patiently waiting for release. Master Chief Collection has already been bought.

All that MS needs to do is add PC support to Rare Replay and whack the Forza series on Steam and I’ll be happy has Larry. God of War would be nice too but...

My question is why are all these console exclusives coming to PC (albeit a year or so later than the originals) and with so many games to play nowadays, does anyone even need a next-gen Sony/MS console? I jest of course, but I’m really glad to be able to experience these games without buying the hardware. Long may it continue. 

Steam Summer Sale has just started. Not really planning on buying much myself this year.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Steam Summer Sale has just started. Not really planning on buying much myself this year.

I got the "13 items from your wishlist are on sale" email so I figured this must have been the case. :grin: I'm not sure what I want to pick up. Sonic Generations is €1 so I'll take that. But for the rest I'm thinking one or two big titles as I don't really play indies on PC. I'm thinking Hellblade, maybe pick up AC: Odyssey or a sim-game like Jurassic World Evolution. I've been eyeing Ace Combat 7 for a while as well, as I loved both the original PS game and the 3DS one. But that's still pretty steep at €20. I'll let it sink in for a bit. 

Oops

jCkgHs0.png

Edit: to be fair, this entire list of games cost me just shy of 45 Euros. Most of it is stuff that has been sat on my Switch wish list for months. Borderlands GOTY was the most expensive at 10 Euros, the rest were between 50 cents and a fiver for the most part. Praise be to the man who invented regional pricing as way to combat pirates. Praise be to living in a "third world country" and praise not be to Nintendo who probably would have charged me 200 euros WITH discount for this exact list. 

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

You know what.. After all but ignoring Steam for several years, I may actually buy some stuff this sale.

If anyone has recommendations, as I don't have a good idea of what's been added to the store the last few years, especially indies.

Looking for great stories mostly. Things of similar quality to Disco Elysium, Soma, The Mass Effect trilogy, to name a few games, or Dark, to name a TV show.

Looking at my own sizable wishlist, there are titles I forgot about and had to check. Titles I put there for various reasons. Titles of various genres. These are a few on my wishlist that currently look the more interesting to me, if anyone knows these games and has some comments, or has better suggestions:

• vampire the masquerade - bloodlines
  • singularity
  • the dark eye: chains of satinav
  • the witness
  • I have no mouth and I must scream
  • the talos principle
  • Gray Matter
  • ether one
  • shadowrun: dragonfall
  • black closet
  • tacoma
  • event[0]
  • the painscreek killings
  • stories untold

Edit: I forgot the most important one: Planescape: torment

Edited by Sméagol

17 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

You know what.. After all but ignoring Steam for several years, I may actually buy some stuff this sale.

If anyone has recommendations, as I don't have a good idea of what's been added to the store the last few years, especially indies.

Looking for great stories mostly. Things of similar quality to Disco Elysium, Soma, The Mass Effect trilogy, to name a few games, or Dark, to name a TV show.

Looking at my own sizable wishlist, there are titles I forgot about and had to check. Titles I put there for various reasons. Titles of various genres. These are a few on my wishlist that currently look the more interesting to me, if anyone knows these games and has some comments, or has better suggestions:

• vampire the masquerade - bloodlines
  • singularity
  • the dark eye: chains of satinav
  • the witness
  • the talos principle
  • Gray Matter
  • ether one
  • shadowrun: dragonfall
  • black closet
  • tacoma
  • event[0]
  • the painscreek killings
  • stories untold

Talos principles is dirt cheap right now. A lot of the Sonic games are up to 95% off.

As for indies, most of the stuff that's out on Switch is on Steam, often at a much lower price, especially during this sale. 

I'm tempted to pick up a few things on the sale myself, as I've got a bunch of things on my wishlist that have decent discounts. My only issue is that my pc is awful so a lot of the bigger games are things I could only dream of picking up. Nevertheless, Disco Elysium is tempting especially after their recent update to make the game more accessible on a wider range of hardware and MO:astray is just under £4 so I'm tempted with then both. Likewise, Cloudpunk is also on sale but I know for certain that won't run on my crappy pc. It is streamable through GeForce Now so that's making me tempted (as is Disco Elysium and Divinity Original Sin 2, which I've played some of, didn't finish it and think I stopped after getting annihilated by a bunch of scarecrows).

Need to think as money is a little on the tight side but I could manage some things and could stream the bits that won't run natively.

It's not on sale but did find that you can get a key for Desperados 3 for around £25 on CDKeys (it's a little under that I think). It was completely off my radar but it's getting great reviews. Shame my pc won't run it but if anyone is or has been interested, there you go.

I’m probably going to pickup Tabletop Simulator during this sale. Just trying to find a list of any dlc that’s also worth getting.

I would also like to get Disco Elysium but I’m still waiting for a bigger discount on it.

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I would also like to get Disco Elysium but I’m still waiting for a bigger discount on it.

No, it's worth it. Get it now.

Edited by Sméagol

2 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Ones that are not yet on your list but on my wishlist/library:

Firewatch, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, The Stanley Parable, Bioshock Collection, Subnautica (more of a discovery game than a story-driven game though).

• Thanks 1

Hellblade I've played both on PC and Switch now.. And I made the thread for the Stanley Parable all those years ago!

Firewatch was on my Switch wishlist yes. Subnautica also popped up in some other videos I watched, could also be interesting.

And sure, Bioshock.never played 2 or infi nite, but I should re-install the first one at some point. Never finished it.. The PC version has a nasty floaty mouse, which made playing it a bit awkward. I wonder of they fixed that in the remastered version.

• Like 1

I've ended up picking up a few things, nothing extravagant and not exactly going to blow up the wallet but grabbed Disco Elysium, Antichamber and Remember Me. I've been wanting DE for ages and not getting info about the console ports out of the Guerrilla Collective streams the other weekend has just made me decide I might as well go for it. Never played Antichamber but I do love a good first person puzzle game and I've already played and loved the likes of The Witness and The Talos Principle (played that one twice) so this was a good alternative to try. And Remember Me is just one of those niche games that I love. The soundtrack is brilliant, it looks gorgeous and its got some cool ideas. The combat isn't amazing but at least they tried something a little different as opposed to doing what everyone else did at the time and since which has been to try and copy the Batman Arkham games template.

Might be all I end up picking up, though I'm still debating whether to pick up Cloudpunk or not as that one would be exclusively through GeForce Now. And Divinity Original Sin 2. And Wildfire. And so on. God dammit. When you've not invested much into PC gaming, jumping in now during a summer sale just means there's a long list of games to grab and not enough money.

Enjoy Disco Elysium!

I couldn't get to grips with the combat of Remember me.. I loved the setting, but really didn'tlike the combat. Still, maybe I should give it another go some time.

Antichamber is a long time ago.. Can't remember any specifics, but I think I loved it. A fun first person puzzle game.

Edit:

All right,made some purchases.

Went for:

• Vampire: the masquerade - bloodlines
  • The Outer Wilds
  • Plansecape: Torment,

Planescape  already finished downloading while I was typing. 1.5 GB just isn't what it used to be.

Edited by Sméagol

8 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I own a few of the games you mentioned, but this is the only one I played (about 5 years ago or so).

It's a classic for sure, the sort of thing that puts more emphasis on environments, visual metaphors, and complex characters than gameplay puzzles (though some puzzles fit into the surreal and metaphorical horror atmosphere, as well). It was made with input from the writer who penned the original short story the game is based on, too (and in many ways, it does feel like you're playing through one of those macabre Sci-Fi stories that were originally published in magazines)

Just remember that it's a '90s point&click, and it can be obtuse in parts. I don't think you can make the game unwinnable (like the classic King's Quest games liked to do), iirc, the game lets you retry scenarios if you screw up somewhere along the line. Just make sure you don't play the German version (I hear the original release censored/removed an entire chunk of the game, rendering it unwinnable. I'm sure the Steam release wouldn't do this, but better play it safe).

Was having trouble getting Disco Elysium to launch last night and this morning. Kept coming up with a box saying "Installing Microsoft VC Redist Package Step 1 of 1" but not doing anything. Already have the VC Redist things up to date so had to search around for what to do. There was no VCRedist folder in the DE folder on my PC and validating and rebooting didn't solve the problem. Eventually found some install scripts that once deleted solved the issue but now it looks like I may have an issue with my PC as it's running 100% of the disc space for the system when trying to launch the game. I just ended up jumping on GeForce Now and making a start instead while I have a look to see what's happening with things running in the background that might be causing issue.

Managed an hour or so so far and I'm loving it. I'm a superstar cop who's hell bent on doing karaoke even if the manager of the café doesn't want me to. Convinced myself that someone other than me threw my shoe through the window and was responsible for the taste of alcohol in my mouth and then processed to take 1 HP damage from turning on a light and saying "Bring it on" when told it would hurt if I left it on. Still managed to grab my neck tie off the fan without any bother and stop the fan with my hands without getting hurt either. Oh, and apparently I'm a raging feminist with no home who tried to skip out on paying my tab by running away, giving two middle fingers to the manager, crashing into an old lady in a wheelchair and then died of a heart attack :laughing:

There's been a lot of laughing in that first hour and a bit but it's great so far and I can't wait to dive in more. Picked the Thinker class and it's turning out well so far for comedic responses. Just so well written from what I've played so far. Even with the bother of getting going, I'm so glad I finally took the plunge and got the game.

• Weird 1