NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Nice! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it 😁

Edited by ArtMediocre

23 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

Nice! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it 😁

Ok fine, you were right. It is a pretty nice keyboard. I do like the half height of the keys in comparison to full on mechanical keys and it's my first time having an RGB keyboard so I'm just messing around with all the pretty colours at the moment.

• Like 1

Pretty much exactly how I feel about the keys. Mechanical keyboards gets too tall and too loud for my taste. This one on the other hand nails it. Happy to hear you like it too :D

• Like 1

Switching back to a desktop from my laptop has really highlighted the lack of USB C on my computer. Don't really have any space on my motherboard to add any so I think I'm gonna have to buy some adaptors.

Guys guys!

Steam sent me an e-mail that..

Fallout 76 is available!

WHOO!@

Hello Sméagol, You are receiving this email because you played a game in the Fallout series

Oh well, I guess I should buy and play this then.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 3

Thinking about starting a Terraria server if anyone is interested in joining me? Give us all something else to do. @Rummy you ran the last one didn't you? Who else was on there with us that might be interested?

21 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Guys guys!

Steam sent me an e-mail that..

Fallout 76 is available!

WHOO!@

Oh well, I guess I should buy and play this then.

Apparently the latest update that reintroduces NPCs is quite alright, so it may actually be fun to play by now.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Thinking about starting a Terraria server if anyone is interested in joining me? Give us all something else to do. @Rummy you ran the last one didn't you? Who else was on there with us that might be interested?

I wasn't there last time but Terraria is great and I wouldn't mind jumping back into it. I haven't played it in years. How does it work in a private server? All together in one map or something?

From what I see there is also a new update inbound on May 16.

Edited by Vileplume2000

18 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Apparently the latest update that reintroduces NPCs is quite alright, so it may actually be fun to play by now.

I wasn't there last time but Terraria is great and I wouldn't mind jumping back into it. I haven't played it in years. How does it work in a private server? All together in one map or something?

From what I see there is also a new update inbound on May 16.

Yeah altogether in a private server. Possibly with me hosting so at specific times or I'd pay for one to run all the time. Haven't decided yet.

• Thanks 1

Oh yo yeah Happs was me! Tbh they have a server app somewhere thats basically just command line console etc and you can leave it running all day if your PC is on anyway(so you actually host it seperate to play session then player yourself in a seperate game instance) - tho ofc that relies on trusting everyone with the world. Yeah btw @Vileplume2000 its basically a persistent world anyone/whoevers allowes/got the deets that you can join or leave whenever. It was kinda crazy back when I put mine up wouldn't be on for ages then came back to some mad sick constructions and stuff lol.

I'll get back to you on the who's in a bit @Happenstance. I havent used my PC in ages(tbh do everything on phone now and game on PS4) but laptop fried itself recent so may get it setup into something and be down for jumping in fresh again with folks on a world just need to flex a TV out of somewhere. Top of my head I recall Nightwolfe was there; then feeling one of our europeans but no idea who. drahkon ville maybe actually even someone else and neither of them at all...

Just a heads up, Epic is giving away Just Cause 4 for free this week. The offer ends today, so be quick!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, euroninfan said:

@ArtMediocre where can I get that game EPIC  are giving away ?

Probably the Epic Games Store. They give away games regularly there, but you need their installer to play them.

17 hours ago, euroninfan said:

@ArtMediocre where can I get that game EPIC  are giving away ?

Like @Jonnas said, it's at Epic Games Store. They give away games for free every week to sway customers to switch from Steam to Epic. Everything from small indie games to big launches like this. It is still available, until the 23rd, so head on over to https://www.epicgames.com/, make an account and "buy" Just Cause 4 and Wheels of Aurelia :D

Tempted to grab Industries of Titan. It’s a sci-fi city builder in early access at the moment on the Epic store that seems to be getting some buzz.

Another for the bargain hunters. Total War: Shogun 2 is now free on Steam for a limited time. I haven't played a Total War game since Rome: Total War, so I'm curious to see how the series is now. I remember Rome: Total War being quite impressive with the giant amount of characters on-screen.

Don't think my PC will run that.

Don't think I ever played a game in the series, though I've always been interested in it.

I remember the BBC gameshow where they had a team playing a modified Rome: total war haha.

Does anyone want to play Half-Life: Decay? I've been replaying the series recently, but my playthrough stalled when I got to Decay because I don't have anyone to play it with.

Tentatively thinking about buying a new laptop. I've managed to convince myself i need one, since I'm working from home a lot more, and my current one is now 6 years old.

Problem is, i can't decide whether to go for something sleek and simple, or buy some ugly brutish slab that can play games.

I should probably do the adult thing and buy something cheaper and functional, but.....

Take a look at the gaming ones as well, they're not all ugly machines anymore with loads of lights etc. You might be able to get the best of both worlds.

16 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Take a look at the gaming ones as well, they're not all ugly machines anymore with loads of lights etc. You might be able to get the best of both worlds.

This. There are quite a bunch of more sleek gaming laptops out there that don't look like a carnival. Or you could look into ones with a GTX1650 graphic cards for basic gaming, and you will probably find laptops targeted at content creators which also don't have a gamey look.

If you're not planning on needing to move this computer around once it's set up, would it be worth considering going for a desktop rather than a laptop?

Usually you can get better specs for your money with a desktop, so you might be able to get a little of the best of both worlds e.g. spending less money but gaining access to more higher spec requiring games.

Just a thought! :)

• Like 1

If you're not planning on needing to move this computer around once it's set up, would it be worth considering going for a desktop rather than a laptop?
Usually you can get better specs for your money with a desktop, so you might be able to get a little of the best of both worlds e.g. spending less money but gaining access to more higher spec requiring games.
Just a thought!
I thought about that. I looked at getting a small form factor PC that would fit in my TV cabinet, but then I'd have to work in my living room rather than at at my dining room table, and the TV would be out of action whenever i needed to use it.

I could probably get a pretty good gaming desktop + a cheap laptop for the same price as a gaming laptop though...however i think I'd appreciate the portability of the gaming laptop even if it's just moving it around my house.

Decisions, decisions...
  • Like 1

This. There are quite a bunch of more sleek gaming laptops out there that don't look like a carnival. Or you could look into ones with a GTX1650 graphic cards for basic gaming, and you will probably find laptops targeted at content creators which also don't have a gamey look.
I actually dont mind the look of the ASUS ROG series, but apparently they have an overheating problem.