NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Yeah I do hope we get another game. I’m looking forward to that C&C remake coming at some point as well.

I finally got myself a decent PC and am gaming on Steam a lot more now. Add me: NicktendoRU, still pouring half my free time into Rocket League :cry:

• Like 1

Just a heads-up: Enter The Gungeon will be free on the Epic Store from June 13 to June 20.

So... Ion Fury  looks genuinely amazing! :D

https://store.steampowered.com/app/562860/Ion_Fury/

It launches tomorrow and there are console ports in the works but... I kind of want to experience this when it comes out on the PC.

It's still technically in Early Access until tomorrow but if you buy it now it looks like theres a campaign speficially made as a trial and then you get the full game as an update.

I have a feeling I'll be busy this evening. :peace:

Edit - well, I got it on Steam, I should have known there would be a catch with me buying a modern game on the PC... no proper controller support yet.

Ah well, after trying all easily accessible game pads, I'll stick with keyboard and mouse for now if only to experience some of the game. :)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

It's looking good. Although I'm massively disappointed with the physical releases. Oldskool big box.. But then some USB stick inside, no CD-Rom. What the hell man.

Does this have multiplayer though? More importantly, does it have a map editor? Wait I'll google it. The anwsers are yes and yes. Good.

Well, I've jsut finished the first mission of the preview build Crisis in Columbia, I'm going to leave it there for now but I can't wait to play more. :D

I don't know what time the game officially unlocks but I've still got another three missions in the preview build to play, these aren't small areas either, they're huge.

I finished several areas in the first mission and it would tell me when I'd reached the exit that I still had "X amount of secrets left to find" and I had been exploring a fair bit as well.

One of the most enjoyable FPS titles I've played in a long time, and this isn't even the full game... *insert and I've only entered my name gif* :grin:

Really well designed maps, challenging selections of enemies and plenty to interact with, the music and sound effects are fantastic and the visual presentation is second to none.

I'd buy this again when it comes to the Switch if it gets a physical version and a solid port for sure, my PC can run this (and so it should) but I still noticed some screen-tearing.

Nothing which will stop me from enjyoing it though, I just really want that control pad support soon when the game launches hopefully.

Ion Fury Review from Lazy Game Reviews. :D

I ended up finishing the entire introductory pre-release campaign last night, loved it. :peace:

The game should be available on Steam in the UK at around 2pm or so.

It's looking like the console ports won't be until some time in 2020 so this is the only way to play it at the moment.

Edited by S.C.G

Don't have the money or the time for it now. Also not decided if I actually want the physical release.. I love the oldskool bog box, which will fit right between my other older PC games, but on the other hand it doesn't actually contain a DVD-Rom, which to me makes it practically the same as a code in a box. The USB thingy simply isn't the same. But I'll get the game for sure. May be the first Steam game in quite a while when I buy this.

Well, I have the full game installed but... my PC decided to have visual driver and seemingly audio driver issues as well. :(

Just generally, not just when in game, I first noticed it earlier while watching a that review of the game on YouTube, then music as well and in the game.

It did recover from a serious crash from the visual driver error, I've installed the latest Nvidia drivers for both video and audio, the video seems fine now but the audio is a mess.

I get the same result regardless of pulling the audio from the audio jack in the back of the PC or the front, even the same result with audio over HDMI through the monitor speakers.

I've reinstalled, uninstalled drivers etc and I'm giving up on it for now, seems I've got a few PC problems to iron out.

Anyone been playing halo reach on pc yet?

Apart from the audio being a bit quiet in the campaign I've had a lot of fun replaying reach online so far since playing yesterday. 

My gamer tag on there is Chaos Sorceror.  I'm playing the steam version.

• Thanks 1

I hope I'll get it for Christmas. If not, I'll buy it sometime later next year. Glad to hear it's playing alright 😁

I picked it up as well as the original Halo is one of my favourite games of all time. Can’t wait for the remaster of Combat Evolved. Outside of that I’ve only played the multiplayer of 2. 

I’m Enjoying Reach. Apart from the sound issues, it’s seems to be a nice remaster. Runs at a butter smooth 60FPS in 4K. 

I’ll be up for some MP when I get used to the game again 😅

• Thanks 1

The only Halo game I have ever played is Spartan Assault, but I don't think that counts. :p I should pick up the Master Chief collection soon though, it feels like a series you should at least play once.

I did get a Steam Controller though, picked it up in the sale. Also bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and I started that this weekend. Played through my Steam Link with my Steam Controller on my TV with PC graphics, gotta love the 21st century! 

I loved what they did with the Tomb Raider reboot, and the start of Shadow continues that feeling. I did have to tone down the graphics slightly, but the game still looks amazing. 

The Controller though did not convince me yet. I think I need to try some games which better benefit the two touch circles, but for SOTT it just is not great.

Looking forward to playing Halo Reach again, and just getting back into that universe. I'm okay with them drip feeding us the games. I don't have time to play all of the titles back to back anyway with kids around, so a good pause between what's available is nice.

I'm pumped to play ODST again as well as stepping into Master Chiefs space boots. Made me think about these two awesome trailers they made:

Amazing stuff! :D

3 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Amazing stuff! :D

The marketing campaign for Halo 3 was one of the best the industry has seen. 

The series has fallen so far. :( 

• Thanks 1

It appears a new 2K studio is going to work on a new Bioshock.
https://cloudchamberstudios.com/

Edit: @drahkon I'm going through my Steam library. Did you ever play Pony Island? It's a wholesome platform game featuring ponies.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Edit: @drahkon I'm going through my Steam library. Did you ever play Pony Island? It's a wholesome platform game featuring ponies.

tumblr_no8u1xUZbo1u9uda1o1_250.gifv

I...I did not.

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

tumblr_no8u1xUZbo1u9uda1o1_250.gifv

I...I did not.

Yeah since you liked (watching) Doki Doki Literature Club.. I thought you might like a Pony platform game.

45 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Yeah since you liked (watching) Doki Doki Literature Club.. I thought you might like a Pony platform game.

Ahhh, I see. :D 

I guess I'll stay clear of that game, then :p 

• Weird 1

I just bought a Desktop to play pc games. It been a while since I played pc games . I play any computer games along as there any good. It's been nearly 10 years since I played PC games. I do remember when i started playing them they were dear like €140 or even €200. Could someone tell me where I could buy good pc games and are they still very dear ?

I just bought a Desktop to play pc games. It been a while since I played pc games . I play any computer games along as there any good. It's been nearly 10 years since I played PC games. I do remember when i started playing them they were dear like €140 or even €200. Could someone tell me where I could buy good pc games and are they still very dear ?
Well you're in luck. They definitely aren't €200 any more (were they ever?)

Games are usually cheapest when bought through Steam, or through GoG (good old games). I think you can also buy them from the Epic store, who sometimes give away free games.
  • Thanks 1

So last night I got my first taste of PC game streaming courtesy of Nvidia's GeForce Now cloud streaming service. It's now been made available to the wider public and you can sign up for free (though you'll only be able to play 1 hour sessions of games at a time) or can pick up a Founders package which is £4.99 a month for the year with 90 days free to start you off (the first paid month comes after the 90 days) and you can play with RTX on and can play for 6 hours per session.

The service let's you play games you've bought on Steam or UPlay or the Epic Games Store, provided they're included in the database of titles available for the service which isn't the easiest to find out as you have to search for a game to see whether its playable or not though there is an archived page showing the list of games currently supported here. You can request games to be added I believe if they're not available and I presume they'll be adding things periodically as the months go on but it's not a bad selection of titles out of the gate.

You can add games to your library on the PC app and then start playing. It'll ask you to log into your Steam, UPlay or Epic account to verify you've bought the game and then you're off and ready to go.

Currently its available to play on PC, Mac and Android devices and so far from my experiences of it on PC and Android, it seems to run pretty well. I don't have the biggest library of games to go on and only have Hollow Knight and Owlboy but tested to former on my Samsung Galaxy S9 and it worked really well with a PS4 controller. There was an ever so slight delay with input but it was almost imperceptible. I then tried Destiny 2 seeing as its F2P and that ran well on my phone but the input delay was too high to be playable. Still, it looked great and there wasn't any noticeable frame drops from the short time I jumped into it on my phone. Going to test it out more on my potato of a PC but I suspect it'll run smoother in terms of minimising input delay.

But yeah, very impressed with it especially as I only have a 50mbps fibre connection (50 down and about 5 up) so not amazing but it ran really well. Very much tempted to try out a few others things on Steam that I've been eyeing up, like Disco Elysium, but its promising so far and I'm looking forward to testing it out a bit more before deciding whether to commit to it or not especially as I don't have a PC good enough for gaming.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gentlemen, I'd like to call your attention to an unbelievably good deal on fanatical.com: 6 Steam games for €4,49

• Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap - A very well received remake of a Sega classic;
  • The Surge - A well reviewed 3D action game from 2017 (so you know it's good);
  • King of Fighters XIV - Until XV comes out, it's the most recent installment of SNK's bonafide fighting game, and one with a very impressive roster;
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter - If you want an action/crime investigation game based on the most famous detective of all time;
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection - 24 classic SNK games from the 80s, such as Athena, Ikari Warriors, and Psycho Soldier. None of their famous fighting games nor Metal Slug, though;
  • Atari Vault - In case you want 100 shitty dated games from the 70s Ataris. Good for historic purposes, I guess.

Any of these games for 5 Euros would be a bargain, but all six is a straight up steal. If @Glen-i is to be believed, Wonder Boy alone makes this worth it, and I'm sure there're a lot of Surge fans saying the same for that game. I already know I'm the only one here who's psyched for this price for KOF XIV, but trust me, it's great :heh:

• Thanks 3

I mean, that's a bonkers deal, you'd be mad to not jump on that if you game on a PC.

Looking at you, @Dcubed

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone tried GeForce Now? I've tried the free tier after it got out of closed beta and I'm genuinely shocked how good it is. I've got decent internet with a very average AC router a room away but I've got Destiny 2 & Xcom 2 running almost always smoothly at Max/1080/60 on my dusty laptop. Signed up for the premier tier at the promo price, hopefully more compatible games get added over the coming year. Need to start collecting games worth using on it too. 

Edited by gaggle64