NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

49 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Well, I think GameGrumps' play through of Doki Doki Literature Club is coming to an end.

Spoiler

Huh, I was under the impression you had already played it by yourself. A shame, as it's worth playing even if you are vaguely aware of what happens. But watching a full playthrough pretty much spoils you on the details (which is what matters).

For the record, there's plenty of stuff the Grumps missed. For example, the game folder shows a few creepy files throughout the playthrough, some glitches are randomized (Projared ran into some of the creepiest ones), as are the "Special poems" (literally the first one I got was a child's drawing of Sayori's suicide, which legit made me take a break). There's also the fact that the Grumps kept choosing cutesy words, a.k.a. Natsuki's route. I did Yuri's route, so instead of that faceless neckbreaking scene I saw agoaF)&(´´~shfbÖx}R(jnevermind.

...Oh, and there's legit more than one ending to this. But I'll wait until the Grumps are done with their playthrough to elaborate. Who knows when that'll happen.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Doki Doki Stuff you already know (Hide contents)

Huh, I was under the impression you had already played it by yourself. A shame, as it's worth playing even if you are vaguely aware of what happens. But watching a full playthrough pretty much spoils you on the details (which is what matters).

For the record, there's plenty of stuff the Grumps missed. For example, the game folder shows a few creepy files throughout the playthrough, some glitches are randomized (Projared ran into some of the creepiest ones), as are the "Special poems" (literally the first one I got was a child's drawing of Sayori's suicide, which legit made me take a break). There's also the fact that the Grumps kept choosing cutesy words, a.k.a. Natsuki's route. I did Yuri's route, so instead of that faceless neckbreaking scene I saw agoaF)&(´´~shfbÖx}R(jnevermind.

...Oh, and there's legit more than one ending to this. But I'll wait until the Grumps are done with their playthrough to elaborate. Who knows when that'll happen.

Spoiler

Nah, I never played it and never will. Even if I had I would've turned it off and never played again once I've reached that moment. I just can't play horror games...

That neckbreaking scene made me stop watching for a while...I couldn't handle that :laughing:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing/reading about the different endings.

Spoiler

Well...looks like the end is near, I'd say, but who knows with this fucking game :laughing:

Sayori waking up on time and FriendArin being really nice to her is actually quite uplifting. Doesn't seem like she's depressed now.

Really enjoyed/enjoying the playthrough. It's kinda sad, that the Grumps will probably stop playing after they've reached an ending (assuming there are more than one). But I'll gladly read up on everything after they're done.

@Ike I'm going to steal your words: This is one of the best games I've never played :D

2 hours ago, drahkon said:
  Doki Doki GameGrumps Club (Reveal hidden contents)

Well...looks like the end is near, I'd say, but who knows with this fucking game :laughing:

Sayori waking up on time and FriendArin being really nice to her is actually quite uplifting. Doesn't seem like she's depressed now.

Really enjoyed/enjoying the playthrough. It's kinda sad, that the Grumps will probably stop playing after they've reached an ending (assuming there are more than one). But I'll gladly read up on everything after they're done.

This is one of the best games I've never played :D

Spoiler

You were right. Deleting Monika's file was the way forward... but it's clear Arin already knew what to do, which lessens the impact. He deleted her before she was done talking, too, which means he missed a special line made just for streamers.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Doki Doki Best Girl Club (Reveal hidden contents)

You were right. Deleting Monika's file was the way forward... but it's clear Arin already knew what to do, which lessens the impact. He deleted her before she was done talking, too, which means he missed a special line made just for streamers.

Spoiler

YES, YOU DID SCARE ME, MONIKA.

Jesus Christ...I'm very glad I didn't play this by myself... :D

Just now, drahkon said:
  Doki Doki Fun Times Club (Reveal hidden contents)

YES, YOU DID SCARE ME, MONIKA.

Jesus Christ...I'm very glad I didn't play this by myself... :D

Spoiler

Well, that only plays if you're recording the game. My screen thankfully didn't play that trick on me.

9 minutes ago, Jonnas said:
  Doki Doki Poetry! (Hide contents)

Well, that only plays if you're recording the game. My screen thankfully didn't play that trick on me.

Spoiler

The rest of the game still scared the crap out of me...it even did when the Grumps' were making jokes. :laughing:

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

I just want to mess with Happenstance by disappointing him when he reads this later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Damn you @Sméagol!

Just finished the game. Everyone was right, it certainly does go places! Glad I hadn't been spoiled on anything before I went into it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Any budget minded persons interested in getting into PC gaming take note of AMDs newest APUs. 2200G and 2400G ($100 and $160 respectively). A pretty capable PC can be had for console prices. 

https://www.techspot.com/article/1579-overclocking-guide-ryzen-3-2200g/

Most games 1080p between medium and very high settings with good performance. 

Sadly RAM prices are just absurd and Ryzen likes its RAM, faster is better (but the gains are small). A couple sticks of memory will probably be the most costly item. 

Played a bit of Gorogoa. It's blowing my mind. Beautiful art and incredibly innovative.

Also started playing Into the Breach, the new game from the makers of FTL. It's awesome.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

Into the Breach, man...This is basically me during every turn for 10 minutes:

giphy.gif

Then I make my first move and realize that I fucked up :laughing:

Gorogoa is amazing! I bought it on the Switch, and that's the first game both my girlfriend AND my parents have bothered to watch me play from beginning to end. 

FINALLY played through Doki Doki Litterature Club, and Now, after all this time, I got to read your spoilers :laughing:. Great and shocking game. I think they missed some good opertunities though.

Spoiler

When you read a poem, you can right click to hide the "text layer", in this case the paper with the poem. They should've messed with that, having some fucked up facial expression or zoomed way in on the character or something.

What a messed up game... 

Looks like the Steam Summer Sale should be starting this Thursday. I don't look forward to it like I used to with all the changes they've made but I may still pick up a couple of games.

I don't have a big wishlist on Steam at the moment. Maybe some Indies and I think it's time to get The Witcher III and play it.

Currently I'm really enjoying Bioshock: Infinite. When that is done I will dive into Rise of the Tomb Raider. Next to that I still have a list of older games to go at: Fallout New Vegas, Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and in between it all play some more Battlefield 1.

Any good PC game tips to watch for in the Steam Sale though?

Quick question, does anybody here have any experience with Steam's refund policy? I was thinking of grabbing a recent game that may or may not run on my computer, and want to make sure whether a refund is easy to get or not.

Edited by Jonnas