NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

I haven't tried it. My only experience with VR beyond a phone strapped to my face has been the Vive, a couple of years ago at EGX, for about 3 minutes. However I've wanted one for a long time, and for £399 with the touch controllers I couldn't stop myself :D

I will need a much nicer monitor to get some good use out of the video card at some point... but my bank balance hates me enough for now.

• Like 1

Yeah, the price is actually too good to be true :D. Post your first experiences here, I wanna hear about them :D. Using your hands in VR is the best immersion I've tried in gaming :D

pc-master-race.jpg

Not sure if Rift counts some sort of master race... Vive seems to be the best choice on PC.

In general the whole high spec PC gaming situation is in shambles with the high pricing of GPU. You can get a PS4 Pro for similar prices as a good 1080p GPU(1060 6gb and 580). As it is PC games will continue to target laptop specs. Was shocked at how well WOW ran on my laptop.

Ryzen has definately been excellent news though. Loving my chip. Big upgrade over the 3770k.

Well I was waiting for Vega 64 to upgrade my GPU, but not with that 375w power draw I'm not. You could light up an entire village with that kind of TDP.

Just "upgraded" to a Razer Ornata Chroma mechanical membrane keyboard. I had a Razer Blackwidow 2014 model, but the clicking of the mechanical keys were driving me nuts, even though the responsiveness is awesome. This new keyboard is a mix of membrane keys and mechanical details. And it is sooooo silent <3. Got a great deal on it as well. I had loads of gift cards saved up, and did a price match at the biggest store here in Norway and ended up paying £15 in total. Great day to be a gamer.

And the Chroma effects in Overwatch is so much fun :D. 

bfcfd0b148802106488fee1bcafd17bf-razer-o

Edited by ArtMediocre
  • Like 1

I got the Strafe RGB from Corsair with an Ebay voucher a while back. Really nice. I wish the software were better though. Razer are better at that though it has a sign in etc.

Been working on the overclock on my Ryzen 1700. 3.9ghz is stable(within safe voltage limits too) but 4.0 is looking tricky.

I have a 1080 but not sure I know enough about it to help.

Also loving the look of that keyboard. Actually I'm getting tempted by those lovely simplistic keyboards you see on /r/mechanicalkeyboards. I have a Corsa K90 but the clack is a bit much and it's quite big.

• Like 1

Yeah, like this one:

ThckR81RMcWbk5yHAICpYiB7sUIeFtLSc8eNVWA0

I really wouldn't min having one of those as my office keyboard. The rest of my colleagues would go nuts though...

• Like 3

Basically, I've got a redeem code from Ebuyer for Destiny 2 after some small mistake (GPU related). But I cant actually redeem the code :p (1050 ti owner)

Any 1080 / ti owner want a free destiny 2? Especially as some missed out on it.

Edited by Choze
Double checked info as redeem is tied to geforce experience and creates battle.net login

1 hour ago, Choze said:

Basically, I've got a redeem code from Ebuyer for Destiny 2 after some small mistake (GPU related). But I cant actually redeem the code :p (1050 ti owner)

Any 1080 / ti owner want a free destiny 2? Especially as some missed out on it.

Thanks for the offer man, but I have a Gigabyte AIB card which I'm not sure would be eligible (think it's only the founder's edition that can redeem?). Also I'm not sure I'd play it, since I don't know anyone who's going to be playing it on PC :(.

But I'll try it if there aren't any more deserving takers.

Edited by The Bard

Well I have to give it to someone. So choose :heh:

I will grab it on PC much later. Like Taken King, Age of Iron etc. Time wise its impossible to do PS4 and PC.

Edited by Choze

3 hours ago, Choze said:

Well I have to give it to someone. So choose :heh:

I will grab it on PC much later. Like Taken King, Age of Iron etc. Time wise its impossible to do PS4 and PC.

Well alright, I guess if you absolutely need to give it away I'll take it off your hands :heh:.

I really enjoyed the beta. I guess I'm going to have to cajole some friends into giving it a go, hopefully some of the people I played Borderlands with back in like 2009 will be interested.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2017 at 0:00 PM, ArtMediocre said:

Yeah, like this one:

ThckR81RMcWbk5yHAICpYiB7sUIeFtLSc8eNVWA0

I really wouldn't min having one of those as my office keyboard. The rest of my colleagues would go nuts though...

Hnngg this and some white lighting underneath and I'd buy it instantly. Currently rocking a chroma keyboard though. 

On 13/09/2017 at 9:51 PM, The Bard said:

Well alright, I guess if you absolutely need to give it away I'll take it off your hands :heh:.

I really enjoyed the beta. I guess I'm going to have to cajole some friends into giving it a go, hopefully some of the people I played Borderlands with back in like 2009 will be interested.

I'll get it too. Should have something better than a 1050 ti at some point and play it casually with year 2 or 3 expansions.

Congrats and Check your private message for the code. If it doesn't work i'll pass it on to Shorty.

51 minutes ago, Choze said:

I'll get it too. Should have something better than a 1050 ti at some point and play it casually with year 2 or 3 expansions.

Congrats and Check your private message for the code. If it doesn't work i'll pass it on to Shorty.

Ok so this is super great.

@Choze was gracious enough to send me a key for Destiny, which totes worked, so now I'll be playing the game day one when it comes out on PC.

My battle.net name is Audioserf (Battletag #2147)

Let's get an N-E PC squad together peeps!

Edited by The Bard

I'm not too sold on Destiny yet, but I may join at a later date :). I'll add you on Battle.net anyways, so we can play other games (OW?) ;D.

2 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

I'm not too sold on Destiny yet, but I may join at a later date :). I'll add you on Battle.net anyways, so we can play other games (OW?) ;D.

Don't have it, all my FPS time still goes to Titanfall 2. I'm unconvinced that another PvP shooter will ever tear me away from that game.

Added you on Battlenet anyway in case I do get it at some point!

Edited by The Bard