NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

How does it differ from Harvest Moon? Or is it a full on tribute?

Its very similar, just wish more too it I think. Well worth a purchase though.

How does it differ from Harvest Moon? Or is it a full on tribute?

It's essentially Harvest Moon 2.0. Everything that was great about the 8 / 16-bit era games returns, only much, much more fleshed out. There is level progression for each of the skills (farming, mining, fishing etc) which really adds to the sense of progression. Minecraft style crafting of materials is also a great way to expand the tools at your disposal.

The best part is though, you are completely free to do what you want, without heavy financial penalty, so if you want to fish all day and neglect the farm, you can do it. You can explore the caves, expand your farm, improve the town, find artefacts for the museum or work on relationships with the inhabitants for rewards, you can focus on one or more of these aspects and still find a deep and interesting game.

Square Enix Easter surprise box:

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Sleeping Dogs - Definitive edition

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's cut

Quantum Conundrum

All I can say is "Nice". Totally made up for the previous Christmas surprise box.. And only one repeat game I already have (but a good one) I'll be giving away.

Edit:

I also have 2 discount codes.. One of which I definitely won't be using (may use the other one, not sure yet). I don't know if that's a good deal or not.. You have to use it in the Square Enix online store.

Just Cause 3 20% off:

7LMEB09S

Edited by Sméagol

Unnnnfff

It's 1080p but 200fps on an api that isn't DirectX or OpenGL is pretty damn sweet.

So, I got a free Spelunky on GOG.com, except I already own the game. I can send it as a gift, is anybody interested?

It's essentially Harvest Moon 2.0. Everything that was great about the 8 / 16-bit era games returns, only much, much more fleshed out. There is level progression for each of the skills (farming, mining, fishing etc) which really adds to the sense of progression. Minecraft style crafting of materials is also a great way to expand the tools at your disposal.

The best part is though, you are completely free to do what you want, without heavy financial penalty, so if you want to fish all day and neglect the farm, you can do it. You can explore the caves, expand your farm, improve the town, find artefacts for the museum or work on relationships with the inhabitants for rewards, you can focus on one or more of these aspects and still find a deep and interesting game.

This is out on Mac now for anyone interested

I've put in a couple hours - on the one hand I'm loving it - on the other hand, it is such a complete rip off of harvest moon it's pretty scandalous! Particularly friends of mineral town. Really doesn't seem to put that much of a new spin on anything aside from the levelling.

I agree with what you say about it being the best of all the old games thoughh. Also I'm finding I want to focus on all areas of the game - going to be a major time sink!

This is out on Mac now for anyone interested

I've put in a couple hours - on the one hand I'm loving it - on the other hand, it is such a complete rip off of harvest moon it's pretty scandalous! Particularly friends of mineral town. Really doesn't seem to put that much of a new spin on anything aside from the levelling.

I agree with what you say about it being the best of all the old games thoughh. Also I'm finding I want to focus on all areas of the game - going to be a major time sink!

I've put around 30 hours into it so far and I'm only at the start of year 2. I've also completely ignored the relationship aspects... Definitely a time sink, but tremendous fun.

So, I found out Little King's Story was released on GOG. Some excellent news, it's good to know that my favourite Wii game isn't going to be forgotten.

Yeah, I saw it too, but on Steam. Comments indicate a bad port though.. Good thing I already have it on Wii.

More...nah also importantly. Muthafuckin Disney 16bit games are on GoG. Back when they were the shit. Aladdin, Lion King the others I can recall.

Now if only I had the energy to boot up my PC.

Did anyone here ever play Civilization Beyond Earth? I know it isn't the most popular in the series but I'm in the mood to play some more Civ while I'm waiting for VI to come out.

Did anyone here ever play Civilization Beyond Earth? I know it isn't the most popular in the series but I'm in the mood to play some more Civ while I'm waiting for VI to come out.

I actually loved the bit of BE I played. It felt fresh but familiar.

Kind of tempted to get myself a 21:9 monitor. Anyone got one?

I don't, I've been tempted before, but decided I prefer the Korean cheap 2560x1440 27". That was before the panels came down in price for real brands though. The Korean ones were just Samsung panels that didn't fully pass QA.

Further thinking on it I'm not sure I'd get much use from an ultra wide monitor anyways.

Further thinking on it I'm not sure I'd get much use from an ultra wide monitor anyways.

*Fighting the urge to make a DPI joke* :p

Exactly! That extra width would just ruin it. I'd have too much space inbetween my pixels and then my eyes would bleed.

Or I'd just scoot the chair back a bit. Either way unacceptable.

Has anyone played Battlefleet Gothic: Armada? I really like the look of it but I've heard its actually really hard.

Well my pc kind of died again. Getting fed up with different parts breaking down (mostly after warranty) and crappy software such as the Windows 10 anniversary update/service pack 1 or Razer Synapse cloud junk. So much time wasted on stupid things.

Looking at things now. My plan is to sell the remaining parts given that investing in old hardware is mostly pointless. The cpu has sold for £200+ish (i7)and the rest overall is fetching ok prices. Though with brexit(thanks fools) the value is automatically lower than it needed to be.

Going forward I am not sure if i need a 'gaming pc'. My normal day to day work is more than well served by my Macbook pro retina. Which is an awesome machine for productivity despite Apple being ok with temps of 90+ whilst playing games. Bootcamp runs great. Intel Iris is decent for the biggest pc games. It runs WOW at playable levels with high textures but nothing more than that.

My thoughts are I hope companies hurry up with the thunderbolt USB type C external GPU's or that things improve (unlikely).

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/asus-rog-xg-station-2-gpu-dock-usb-c,news-53171.html

Edited by Choze

I see Mechwarrior 5 has been announced for PC. Been years since we last saw a proper one of those!

Steam winter sale starts tonight. I'm still not a fan of the changes Steam have made to their sales, getting rid of the daily deals and flash sales etc but I'll hopefully pick up a few games.

Always a bad time to casually browse the store.. (and let's see if I can go through another sale without buying anything from it (oh actually.. Maybe I'll some games this time))

Anyway, I got Soulreaver 1 & 2 in the Square Enix surprise box. Keep 'm and play them, or give them away?

Does anyone want Hitman Go (the boardgame spinoff)?

Anyone playing Rimworld by the way? I have my issues with it, but there's definitely something there that keeps me interested, and it just got a pretty big update.

Any recommendations? I've just been wondering around Steam for the last half hour looking at crap I don't want.