NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

There's a Telltale Steam sale going on. A little over 40 euros for EVERYTHING. Well, except Minecraft.

No reason not to get Tales from the Borderlands now.

Darkest Dungeon is also on sale, looks interesting.

Steam Controller arrived, feels pretty good!

• The Good
  • the haptic feedback touch areas feel great, and certainly feel a good substitute and middle ground between an analogue stick and a mouse
  • the controller shape is a little odd at first as it is designed to angle your finger tips at the haptic feedback areas, after the initial odd feeling its actually great!
  • Triggers feel chunky and sturdy
  • Analogue triggers!
  • face buttons are great, like an xbox 360
  • left analogue stick feels really comfortable, just the right height and texture
  • build quality feels great

• the bad
  • The right touch area is the 'D-pad', i tired it on xpendabros/broforce and it feels odd - you have to semi click down in a direction to move,which feels odd, certainly wouldn't be good for fighting games
    I'll elaborate a little, you know on a d-pad you can rock fromone direction to another? you wouldn't be able to do that, you have to click, so in practice if you'd clicked left you would slide to the right and have to click down again unless...
  • I'll note that that was an initial play for 20 min, with the standard generated controls, you possibly could calibrate it so its more sensitive - it think thats possible

Was it worth the pre-order? intial thoughts are that its a good substitute for my old wired 360 pad, or fiddling around with my WiiU pro pad to make that work

Wish i'd bought the steam link to try too

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Trying out mine at the moment. I absolutely hate the placement of the face buttons and I've only managed to test a first person shooter quickly but I thought the touch pad was a terrible substitute for a second stick.

Marmite I think, reviews look that way

I can certainly see why people don't like it, I'll add more impressions when I've played more

Trying out mine at the moment. I absolutely hate the placement of the face buttons.

Same, not a fan. Have a feeling I'm holding it wrong. Not tried playing any games with it yet.

Im gonna go through my library later and find some good games to download over the weekend to test it properly. I need a better shooter than Deus Ex (which always felt a bit weird) and maybe a Civ game I think.

Quick test of Steam Link and it's working pretty good. Noticed a few minor drops but otherwise perfectly playable. Connected to my laptop using wireless on both laptop and Link. If there's any lag I can't tell.

Spent about 2 hours playing Skyrim again (for a great game it had so much content i got bored)

The right track pad is odd, you have to use it very differently to an analogue and getting used to it is really difficult at first.

From experience with analogue sticks your muscle memory automatically makes you apply pressure to move, which results in a relatively slow and unresponsive movement, where as if you use the tip of your thumb and draw over it lightly it moves much more quickly

Its odd to get used to and i see where the thinking was, you want to quickly almost swipe your thumb to one side with an analogue, equally swipe the mouse quickly to one direction normally, so with this it expects the same for quick motions. To be delicate and move more accurately you'd move more slowly and carefully, so the track pad takes hard slow movements for that

Its odd at first but does seem quite natural after some time o get used to it

Like others i've found the face buttons are a little on the small size, they are good, just could do with being 20% bigger?

The D-pad again doesn't seem as bad if you treat it more gently like the track pad

I do feel like it should have had some sort of instructional video or more of a guide

Still hate big picture mode too, but thats not the controller

Steam keeps asking me about my fucking phone number.. Anyone else annoyed by this?

Steam keeps asking me about my fucking phone number.. Anyone else annoyed by this?

Yeah it's there all the time now and it's very annoying

Why don't you just put your number in? It's steam, it's not like they're going to prank call you or anything. It's just for two factor authentication, i.e. keeping your shit safe!

Why don't you just put your number in? It's steam, it's not like they're going to prank call you or anything. It's just for two factor authentication, i.e. keeping your shit safe!

I took your advice and not 20 min later i had a phone call from some called "Gabriel" asking if i wanted to pre-order half life 3

I'm fine with the current security measures, I don't want them to sell off my number.

I'm probably the only person here who cares, but whatever!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/377860

November 5th is the day for Mushihimesama on Steam!

mushihimesama-price-tate-640x159.jpg

So it's 25% off for the launch period. Probably will be £13.99 for us, so probably a price of about £10-£11 ish for us in the UK on day 1.

Not bad at all! :D (Especially considering how much the import costs on 360! Not to mention Ver 1.5, which is nigh on impossible to obtain period!)

Edited by Dcubed

Im just watching a video of the Yogscast playing Pulsar: Lost Colony at the moment and it seems really interesting. Its another space game but for this one you actually play together as a crew when in the ship so have someone flying on the bridge, someone in engineering etc. I'd love to get an NE crew together to play this.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252870/

I'd prefer it for Vita, since i played the first on it, but considering the PSN EU release is "soon after" (considering they've been making this for years) i might double dip, get the Steam worldwide release then PSN at a later date

Mushihimesama is out now!

Aside from being locked to 720p only, it seems to be a great port! Functionally identical to the 360 version, only now in English (and you know, not ultra expensive! Plus the 1.5 mode is actually purchasable and not stupidly limited to just a handful of ultra rare copies!)

The game picked up my Wii arcade stick (via the Mayflash adapter) just fine and it works without a fuss, even alongside someone else using a 360 controller as player 2.

Anyone who's into shmups, buy buy buy! :D

Trials in the Sky SC is coming out 29th October, finally I haven't played the first one!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251290/

Really should try these games at some point. Problem is that I know for certain that I'm never gonna actually finish them :p

Edited by Dcubed

I'd prefer it for Vita, since i played the first on it, but considering the PSN EU release is "soon after" (considering they've been making this for years) i might double dip, get the Steam worldwide release then PSN at a later date

PSP version is out on the 10th, so only need to wait a little while longer.

Mushihimesama is out now!

Aside from being locked to 720p only, it seems to be a great port! Functionally identical to the 360 version, only now in English (and you know, not ultra expensive! Plus the 1.5 mode is actually purchasable and not stupidly limited to just a handful of ultra rare copies!)

Picked it up since the prices wasn't too bad. Not really played a lot of shmups so looking forward to giving it a try.

Anyone pick up anything interesting in the Steam sale yet? I ended up buying Axiom Verge, Toki Tori 2, and one of the Endless Legend DLCs that I didn't have yet. They weren't huge deals, but I've been waiting for Axiom Verge to go on sale for quite some time now. Brilliant game, quite possibly the most fun I've had with a game this year so far.

Just Satellite Reign and Door Kickers for me. Don't really want to get too deep into something as I'm waiting for the Elite Dangerous: Horizons expansion on Monday.