NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

The WvW stuff you mention is exactly what puts me off going back even to something like Planetside 2. It's so impossible to make a dent in any objective by yourself, so ironically it turns into a standard team deathmatch scenario rather than the sprawling faction war it's supposed to be.

If only we could get an N-E outfit together :laughing:

This looks pretty damn cool.

Did anyone get this? Got decent reviews, but wanted KNEE impressions.

I saw it on Steam, but some of the comments put me off. I suspect this is a game you´ll only play for the atmosphere and story (and not the gameplay), so I´d wait for a Steam sale..

I have Steam keys for the following games:

• Unholy Heights
  • One Way Heroics
  • GIGANTIC ARMY
  • Ys Origin
  • Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
  • PixelJunk Shooter

if anyone wants one.

I have Steam keys for the following games:

• Unholy Heights
  • One Way Heroics
  • GIGANTIC ARMY
  • Ys Origin
  • Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
  • PixelJunk Shooter

if anyone wants one.

I would love Ys Origin if you still have it.

Scratch my earlier comment, the Turtle Beach Earforce NLa does work. Awesome!

Wrong thread? :D

Haha, yes! Not sure how I managed to post in here.

Haha, yes! Not sure how I managed to post in here.

I was wondering what the hell you were doing posting in here! :D

Arriving stupidly late to the party here, but I finally played Left4Dead 2 tonight. Did 4 player link-up on the 360 (screw that thread) taking a measured approach to the levels on insane difficulty for the first half-hour. That is to say, the first level, singular, because we got completely and utterly mauled doing that. Eventually figured out the fun and proper way to play is to race through the game as a unit and we had a great laugh, although we only managed 3 levels in as many hours. Can't remember the last 4am sesh I've had. Good times.

Some of the special enemies are pure bullshit to be fair.

The special enemies aren't so bad when you're aware of them - you can learn the musical cues for when they spawn (or turn on the full subtitles).

I don't know if when you played it you did it local coop, 4 players in the same room on insane though? The level where you have to fuel the car is ridiculous because you're concentrating on carrying the jerry-cans, fighting through swathes of zombies, shouting at your mates to tell them to cover you, revive you, rejoin the floor you're on, or retrieve the final few cans, and in that situation it almost doesn't matter if you're aware of the specials or not. It's a complete clusterfuck by that point and you have to keep charging on to avoid being surrounded. The licking ones are the worst because they camp out and pick you up from unbelievable ranges from anywhere in the map, be it instantly when you turn a corner or above you from a balcony.

It does make the final successful lunge at the exit extremely satisfying though.

Fair point - it's probably easier to listen to in-game sounds when you've got people speaking though a headset instead of right next to you.

Still, the two games are among my favourites.

Borderlands 2 and Dishonoured are free to play on Steam for a few days.

Dishonored was dope, one of my favourites last gen, but not sure what they're playing at making it free for a weekend. You can easily finish it in that amount of time, and there's no incentive to return, whereas with a grind heavy loot based multiplayer game like Borderlands, I can see the point in giving out a little something to get people hooked.

S'what I thought, but it has been out for ages and the sales can't be anything special so they may as well rekindle interest somehow.

I'm still playing through Borderlands 2 as it is...I've banked Dishonoured on games with gold despite not owning a 360 (one day when they are dirt cheap $89 at moment without HDD, waiting for the model with small HDD to be dirt sub $100) but may play it on this weekend see if I can get through it.

Wow!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920197

Valkyria Chronicles is coming to PC!? HOLY CRAP! WOW! I'm honestly shocked! I never thought it would ever end up getting ported anywhere!! :o (Custom engine used for just this one game, publisher who wanted out of console style productions etc)

Out of all the PS3 3rd party exclusives, this and Ni No Kuni were the two most unlikely to ever get ported in my mind!

I still can't believe it! A chance for VC 2 and 3 (the latter in English!?) to follow? Is it possible!?

Either way, they are guaranteed my support! I LOVE this game! :D

Wow!

I still can't believe it! A chance for VC 2 and 3 (the latter in English!?) to follow? Is it possible!?

Either way, they are guaranteed my support! I LOVE this game! :D

If this sells well, then possibly.

Been meaning to play this for ages. Good excuse to do so now.