NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

I played the beta of that. Surprised me how much it appeared like TES, but not sure how arsed I can be with an MMORPG anymore. Dat grind.

I like taking it slowly and exploring, so the grind isn't really much of an issue (unlike The Old Republic, where I just wanted to go through the story quickly).

It's definitely improved a bit since the beta. I'm no MMORPG expert, so the fact that it's so similar to Skyrim is a plus for me as it makes the learning curve easier. I'm still getting to grips with the MMO elements - have applied to join my first guild, so we'll see how that works out. I'm also happy to take it slowly and just explore lots. Not really that interested in how quickly I can reach level 50. I'm still at level 4 and completing the starter island quests.

They seem to have added some better items earlier in the game than were present in the beta, which should help with crafting progression. It's a bit :zzz: having to redo a load of quests I already completed in the beta but the fact that I know what to do in those quests means I can concentrate on getting to grips with other elements of the game.

So far, so good.

It's a bit :zzz: having to redo a load of quests I already completed in the beta

That's why I didn't pick the alliance I wanted in the beta. I have a different starting area and quests.

For those of you who don´t have too much trouble with Origin, and don´t own Deadspace, you can download it now for free. Apparently, there´s no catch, apart from downloading and using Origin that is.

Looking at the recommended watch dogs specs and wondering how long my i5 2500k is going to be competitive this generation. I did find the eight core cpu recommendation a little ridiculous to be honest - hoping it'll scale fine to a quad core.

For those of you who don´t have too much trouble with Origin, and don´t own Deadspace, you can download it now for free. Apparently, there´s no catch, apart from downloading and using Origin that is.

Really good move on EA's part, everyone with a half decent PC should get on this. Although a caveat; it plays a lot better with a controller.

Looking at the recommended watch dogs specs and wondering how long my i5 2500k is going to be competitive this generation. I did find the eight core cpu recommendation a little ridiculous to be honest - hoping it'll scale fine to a quad core.

Really good move on EA's part, everyone with a half decent PC should get on this. Although a caveat; it plays a lot better with a controller.

the 8 core thing is probably because its AMD sponsored. Doesnt mean much really. The intel stuff destroys AMD CPU anyhow. So technically your cpu is more powerful than the recommended requirements.

the specs are crazy for a game i suspect will come out looking like GTA 4, and we all know what a mess that was on PC when it came out

Well I just bought a new GPU. MSI Twin Frozr R9 290 should pretty much set me up for 1080p gaming this entire gen.

The thing about PC gaming though, is that I don't have any friends that are PC gamers, and there are barely any people on this forum either who prefer to get multi-platform releases on PC.

I'm kind of getting sick of jumping into Planetside or Titanfall by myself. If any of you guys play frequently, hit me up my Steam and Origin Ids are both Audioserf. Playing FPS just isn't the same unless you got someone to shoot the shit with. Both literally and figuratively.

It depends how much you're willing to spend and how badly you want the latest BF experience. Me? I'm happy to lag at least a couple of years behind until they go back to a less exorbitant pricing model (fingers crossed for Bad Company 3).

I got gifted Goat Simulator such dumb fun...not sure how much longevity the game has and the fact it's just a one hit joke essentially but still fun to play.

Well it's only £6 I think, so if you get a few hours out of it is reasonably good value. If they release the multi-player it'll increase the longevity too.

Is BF4 even worth getting if you already have BF3 Premium?

BF3 is the better game for me so far. Best to wait for discounts.

The new unlock system is so mind numbingly slow and bad. The maps arent as good either.

I'll throw it here since there isn't a dedicated thread for it.

I beat the final boss on Borderlands 2 last week at level 36. I have done all the mission in the main game I can find except the last round of the Hyperion Slaughterdome and the newly acquired, level 50 You Will Die Seriously quest. What I haven't done yet is touch any of the DLC.

Given how the major DLC scales, two up to 30 and the other two up to 35, is it worth playing them now or just go onto True Vault Hunter Mode and do them then when the will be at my current level instead?

Today's Steam special is Rising Storm for 75% off (less than £4) and free to play for the next few hours, which includes both Rising Storm (Pacific theatre) and also the Red Orchestra 2 multipalyer. I would urge all everyone to try it at least once, it's a brutal experience for up to 64 players with a ridiculous amount of content they keep adding to but never charge for plus a dedicated community which will still be there until the next Ostfront/Red Orchestra gets released. It's the anti-Battlefield.

While you are waiting for the next Civ game, I recommend passing the time with Europa Universalis IV which is currently 75% off on Steam.

Isn't it still the Year of Shame?

Yeah I should have it clearer my co-host Colm bought me it as an early birthday present.

EDIT:

Before I get knocked anymore my birthday is next week!

Edited by flameboy

Doesn't it kind of ruin the challenge if you can just buy games for each other?

Doesn't it kind of ruin the challenge if you can just buy games for each other?

It could be argued that it does yes...

As a one off I don't see a problem.

So how is everyone finding the Steam Summer Sale?

There isn't much I want that I haven't already bought. The stuff I do want aren't on sale such as the new Payday 2 DLC and Dark Souls II Season Pass. Although I have my eye on Borderlands 2 GOTY - played it to death on consoles, but I would like to replay it in 1080p and 60fps.

I have pre-ordered Witcher 3 and Dead Rising 3, but obviously can't play until they are released!