NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

God dammit! Left 4 Dead 2 is only $4.99!!!! I can't buy it because I'm doing this blasted Year of Shame Challenge...HATE!

Please help me raise money for Extra Life this year remember it's FOR THE KIDS!!!!

As some of you know I will have just started a Year of Shame Challenge where I cannot buy any games for a year to help me tackle my backlog. However I can recieve gifts. As "luck" would have it the Steam Sale is on now and some things have popped up as cheap that are on my wishlist:

Chaos Engine $4.99

Left 4 Dead 2 $4.99 EDIT: ALREADY BOUGHT BY @Happenstance THANKS VERY MUCH Donation $10

Deadlight $3.74

Outlast $13.32

If anyone gifts me one or more of these games I will double the double the value of the purchase and round up to the nearest $10 and donate it on their behalf it's a fantastic way to help me out and make a bigger contribution than you can afford/want to make. My steam name is flameboyne

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=45197

is the place to go!

Edited by flameboy

Was anyone not particularly impressed with The Binding of Isaac? It got a whole bunch of attention and everyone was saying how great it is but I'm finding it kind of boring and random. Suppose I should have looked into it a bit more to find out who it was made by...

Also, does anyone seem to not be able to skip the bloody intro? Feels like the whole thing was put on to PC in some massive rush where they forgot to make it properly Steam compatible.

I loved the Binding of Isaac, according to my Steam library ive got 29 hours on it. Its just one of those games that I found perfect for playing while watching something on my other screen and keep running through again and again trying to make it further.

Was anyone not particularly impressed with The Binding of Isaac? It got a whole bunch of attention and everyone was saying how great it is but I'm finding it kind of boring and random. Suppose I should have looked into it a bit more to find out who it was made by...

Also, does anyone seem to not be able to skip the bloody intro? Feels like the whole thing was put on to PC in some massive rush where they forgot to make it properly Steam compatible.

I do find it an incredibly frustrating game as I find it hard to gauge any "progress" for me a rogue like needs to have a hook that makes you feel like you are progressing Rogue Legacy has it's leveling system plus items you find, Tokyo Jungle had it's story hooks and animal unlocks for example. For me I don't feel like Binding of Isaac has that....I've maybe played about 4/5 run throughs and not felt like I've got far and not sure I will go back to it.

Humble bundle: Warner Bros. Edition!!!!!!

Holy crap balls Batman!

- Scribblenauts Unlimited

- Arkham Asylum GOTY

- Arkham City GOTY

- FEAR 2

- FEAR 3

- LOTR: War in the North

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Humble bundle: Warner Bros. Edition!!!!!!

Holy crap balls Batman!

- Scribblenauts Unlimited

- Arkham Asylum GOTY

- Arkham City GOTY

- FEAR 2

- FEAR 3

- LOTR: War in the North

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Now with added Kombat!

Some pretty massive discounts at Green Man Gaming (.com) right now - just grabbed CIV V: Brave New World for about £7, CIV V Gold edition is less than £8, major discounts on Dawn Of War II and Space Marine too.

Rumours are Tell Tale got the license to make a Game of Thrones game. If it’s true, then I’ll either going to be super hyped if it doesn’t follow the main characters and is simply set in the same world (like Walking Dead), or super disappointed if it does.

Rumours are Tell Tale got the license to make a Game of Thrones game. If it’s true, then I’ll either going to be super hyped if it doesn’t follow the main characters and is simply set in the same world (like Walking Dead), or super disappointed if it does.

Yeah I heard this too. Good news if it turns out true.

The pointless Autumn Steam sale has started

Was this meant to be sarcasm?

Was this meant to be sarcasm?

I just thought it was too close to the Christmas sale and felt a bit pointless. Especially since the leaked email from a couple of weeks ago confirmed all sale prices would be the same between the Autumn and Christmas sales.

Meh.... allowed me to do some sweet shopping for my friends. There are far too many great PC games out there that I want to try and when the sales are one it's hard not to find an excuse not to buy a ton of stuff.

Also I put together a wishlist that bluey could look at and not break the bank getting me some games for xmas.

Meh.... allowed me to do some sweet shopping for my friends. There are far too many great PC games out there that I want to try and when the sales are one it's hard not to find an excuse not to buy a ton of stuff.

Also I put together a wishlist that bluey could look at and not break the bank getting me some games for xmas.

Yeah fair enough I guess. I didnt bother buying anything as I wanted to make sure I saved all my money for presents then i could just get any games I wanted during the Christmas sale.

Steam Christmas sale should be starting on Thursday. Gone through my last remaining trading card games that were installed to sell them off for a bit of extra credit.

Played the demo of Stanley Parable two days ago. Good idea of me to wait!

Maybe it's too early seeing as it was released two days ago but I wish for a sale on the Rome II DLC as well.

Steam Christmas sale should be starting on Thursday. Gone through my last remaining trading card games that were installed to sell them off for a bit of extra credit.

I don't understand the cards. Is all they do give artificial changes to your steam profile? So if I don't care about my profile and the steam level I should dump all on the market?

Pretty much. The only thing levelling up really does that I know of is raises your friend cap. Personally I just sell off all the trading cards I get on the marketplace and use the credit I get to buy more games.

I almost wish they made a Steam lite, because I don't care for any of that shit (I don't even care about achievements). That said.. If I can a few cents for the cards I get automatically.. I guess that doesn't hurt.

Edit:

But every time I see someone on the forums complaining about a game not having trading cards.. Makes me facepalm.

Edited by Sméagol

The early access version of Next Car Game came out. I recorded a couple of videos.

Been playing loads of Volgarr the Viking and Rogue Legacy over the past few days. Both are excellent games and well worth buying.

Bought Rogue Legacy myself from the sale(along with Civ V). It's fun but pretty difficult. I knew there was some platforming involved but it's a basically a Mario platformer sometimes and I'm pretty bad it :p