NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Hmm, is Alpha Protocol worth 5 Euros? It got mediocre reviews I believe, but I was looking forward to it before its release, and well, 5 Euros.. I’ll check those reviews again. Interested in Doom 3 as well. Would love to add a multiplayer game though, but I can’t spend the 25 Euros on Homefront now.

I've heard some very mixed things about Alpha Protocol. If it's that cheap, I think you should check it out.

I think I’ll pass for now.. The DVD isn’s much more expensive on Amazon, I think I’ll get that one later if I really want it.

Crap sale today.

EDIT: Actually, King Arthur looks like it might be worth a punt. I swear the first time I looked it was about a tenner!

Nah man, great sale today, finally got the final part of the STALKER series, been waiting for a price drop on that. Absolutely wonderful series of games, one that's pretty unmatched in atmosphere and ambient design, not to mention one of the most unexpectedly frightening games I've ever played. Wish Civ 5 was a tenner though, would have bought it, never gotten into the Civ games for some reason.

Bard, I've been looking out for stalker for quite a while. The concept of a shooter where the gun is used more for self defence than shooting bad dudes in the face cause they disagree with you excites me.. a little too much (might be way off base but that's what it is in my head).

Never been much of a strategy fan but having spent a few hours watching my brother kick the shit out of Gandhi in Civ5 over the weekend my interest was piqued.

Crap sale today.

EDIT: Actually, King Arthur looks like it might be worth a punt. I swear the first time I looked it was about a tenner!

My friend has that and it sounds hard as nails.

If you keep an eye open you're bound to come across a cheaper copy of Civ 5, plus it's a Steamworks title so it doesn't matter where you buy it; I picked it up from Gamersgate for just under £7 the other day.

As for STALKER, it's recommended that you download the fan-made Complete mod that adds/fixes all sorts.

I just picked up the last two STALKER games.

May replay through the original with that mod though.

Are there any patches (official or unofficial) for Unreal Tournament? To bring it a little up to date? Like that STALKER patch.

Definitely in the mood for some old school UT.

Can anyone tell me how to exceed the bot limit in the original Unreal Tournament? (Or at least how to get the console working.) I bought it off Steam and I want to try an obscene number of bots.

Edit: Done it. Awesome.

Edited by Daft

If you want obscene numbers, play with the console in L4D. Unless they fixed it, I remember people being able to summon upwards of 1000 zombies....usually crashed the game though.

Steam pwning our wallets again.

Quakecon pack, (nearly) every game Bethesda and id have released (missing at least Arena and Daggerfall of TES series.) for $70.

I am $70 poorer and this was the first day of sales.

Played through KotoR for the first time. A whopping 28 hours to complete it - and that didn't include the 5 or so hours it took to get it running properly on my PC (Install XP, sort out dual boot, find unofficial drivers for wireless card and graphics card, install it, modify it so I can play in 1080p). It was a bit of a risk of spare time as I usually don't like games like that.

But I loved almost every second of it. There were a few parts which were very annoying. And the twist was brilliant. It's also very interesting playing it after Mass Effect - you can see how a lot of it's gameplay started.

Now go back even further and play Baldur's Gate 2 to see where the gameplay in Knights of the Old Republic got started. ;)

I was going to suggest the first Baldur's Gate, but it's not as good and the parallels are more obvious in the sequel.

I've been playing through New Vegas for my second (I say that, but I never finished it the first time) time and I'm enjoying it a lot more on the PC. I've got to say, the Project Nevada mod is excellent.

I can't wait to see what Bethesda can do with the Skyrim engine in Fallout 4 a few years down the road.

Edited by Emasher

So cube have you realized yet that mass effect is actually rather bad in terms of bioware games? If not yes, go to Baldur's Gate 2 next.

Well, he did say "in terms of BioWare games". They undoubtedly peaked with Baldur's Gate 2.

Baldur's Gate 2, like Dragon Age, just doesn't appeal to me. KotoR had the whole Star Wars thing going for it.

Mass Effect 2 is easily in my top 5 games.

From Dust is apparently out in a few days. Is anyone else interested in this?

From Dust is apparently out in a few days. Is anyone else interested in this?

I am, although I'm not going to get it until I see other people's reactions, looks pretty interesting!

I'm sure it will go on sale on steam within a few months. I'll probably pick it up at that point provided the reviews are decent.