NEurope
UziT

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

LucasArts has revealed that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will is coming to Wii next spring and it'll allow you to wield the Wii Remote as a Lightsaber. Now that's what we're talking about.

You can wield the Wii Remote as a lightsaber while using the Nunchuk controller to torment others with Force powers.

The game's story is set during the era between Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV A New Hope.

The Wii version, in development by Krome Studios, will also feature an exclusive duel mode in which players can compete head-to-head with their friends. Whether this si online remains to be seen, but we doubt it.

"Wii is a great platform for The Force Unleashed, because the console's motion-oriented controllers really bring the game to life," said Jim Ward, President of LucasArts. "We've worked hard to make the Wii version of the game unique in order to truly let you unleash the Force."

Hope it's good.

Just saw some screen shots from the new spyro game they're making for the Wii, and the graphics don't look half bad so hopefully they can make these good.

OK this is AWESOME news!!

The game looks great and the Wii-mote lightsaber just makes it all the better!!

Not sure what the graphics of the Wii version will be like, as it will have to come down a few notches from the 360/PS3 version,

Actually, the games also on PS2 and PSP, hope it's not just a port of one of those!

Here's the thread I made for the 360/PS3 version, for anyone wanting to catch up on the game,

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14831&highlight=star+wars

Is it one to one controls or TP-style sword swings?

whilst not related to this game directly they did mention in the past that 1:1 could work...

this is fab news cannot wait!

Actually, the games also on PS2 and PSP, hope it's not just a port of one of those!

The Wii version, in development by Krome Studios

Krome Studios are behind the PS2/PSP versions.

Really good news!

Hope the graphics and controls don't suck I really do.

Me too, I've seen the trailers and it looks amazing, lets hope the Wii doesn't get a shocking PSP port or anything of the like. The Wii has the potential to have the best version simply because of the controls.

is this real? or just a rumor? if so then im getting it if the graphics turn out to be good , and the control are adding something more dept to the game then yeah it will be in my list

no they can proof if they are the ones to bring the wii to its limits ( with the graphic part ) like they said before

Wow, im thrilled too!

I've always wondered if a game like this would work in reality, because in my mind im always waving the remote like a saber!

No game has , to my knowledge, been able to reproduce it like a more real movement. Hope this is the one. I'll even forgive the lame graphics if i can feel a real lightsaber in my hands :)

Im such a geek! lol

no they can proof if they are the ones to bring the wii to its limits ( with the graphic part ) like they said before

This has nothing to do with Factor 5.

Port/Remake of a PS2/PSP game? I'm not even going to consider buying this. Give me some exclusive.

I really hope they put some real effort into this, the premises are great and that would make the anti-climax even bigger.

But considering they chose to announce the Wii-version later hints that they have something special up their sleeves.

But considering they chose to announce the Wii-version later hints that they have something special up their sleeves.

I think that they started on the Wii version the same as the others. They probably didn't want to announce the Wii version until they knew the game would work with the controllers.

I hope the telekinesis works in a similar way to Eledees for moving stuff around, and uses the Nunchuck for mid-air throws.

You guys are getting excited over something we know nothing about.

Then you get disapointed and blame Nintendo.

Carry on.

Port/Remake of a PS2/PSP game? I'm not even going to consider buying this. Give me some exclusive.

They port the PSP version, it will be horrible and it'll sell well. Highly annoying. The Wii has so much potential for third parties, why must they waste it?

Now now, let's all not jump to any conclusions. The Wii-version has yet to be shown footage of (is that even a sentence?), so this could go either way. It's not a port, it's simultaneously developed, so keep yer fingers crossed.