NEurope
tapedeck

What do you want in 2008 from Nintendo?

As the big-hitters roll out at the end of 2007 and towards the end of the financial year in April 2008, the market will be littered with big games. Games like Mario Kart, Wii Fit, Battallion Wars, Dewey, etc.. (And not forgetting the DS with Phantom Hourglass!)

But as Nintendo consumers what are you hoping 2008 holds?

• Is it time for the Wii to show that it has more under the hood than we have seen during the first year? Or do you want 'revolutionary' games? Do you want the continuation of Nintendo IP's like Pikmin, Pokemon on the DS and Wii? Or do you want Wii Ware and the VC to become paramount in Nintendo's business model? Or maybe you think Nintendo have put themselves in a corner with the power of the Wii and DS and 2008 will see them struggle to keep the momentum?

Nintendo will probably head into 2008 as market leaders, so what do you expect/believe they could/should do?

NOTE: Yes, I know it is a little early yet it will be interesting to note the expectancy of 2008 compared to what 2008 actually brings.: peace:

Epic games. Immersive games. Lasting games.

Deus Ex 3, Baldur's Gate 3, Fallout 3, Mafia 2.

Fun.

Don't give a flying fuck if it's online, epic, long, good graphics, kiddy, whatever. I really don't care about that. What I want is to have fun.

I would like to see the following regarding software and hardware on Wii in 2008 and beyond

Software --> Tangiable form released in stores (includes first, second and third party efforts) in no particular order:

Starfox Wii (with online dogfights as well as online co-op mode)

Pikmin 3,

Mario Party 9 (with online play and Wii shop customisation options)

True Paper Mario Game/Sequel (not spin-off),

F-Zero Wii (with online capabilities and greater customisation of vehicles and drivers, and this time be able to rotate characters 360 degrees),

Animal Crossing Wii (with online capabilities)

Geist 2 (with online multiplayer and better FPS gameplay),

Donkey Kong Country 4 (special project with Rareware),

Snowboard Kids 3 (4 player online races),

Waverace Wii,

New installments of Mario Golf and Mario Tennis,

Red Steel 2 (with online multiplayer and better FPS gameplay),

Disaster: Day of Crisis to not be cancelled and not disappoint

Wii Sports 2 (I know this ain't releasing, but i'm mentioning this anyway)

Grand Theft Auto 4 on Wii as well as a compilation of VC, SA and GTAIII

Castlevania Wii

1080 Wii

House of the Dead Wii (would put Umbrella Chronicles to shame)

AS MANY ONLINE GAMES AS POSSIBLE and

Something right out of the blue, totally original, unexpected IPs that involve actual proper gameplay, not mini games to appeal to non gamers in isolation

Software --> intangiable form released on Wii Shop channel:

Basically, any game NOT released in PAL regions

GOOD original efforts for Wii ware

Promotional freebies from time to time as well

Hardware:

Black Wii!

Wireless Nunchuck

Wireless Classic Controller

Wireless Sensor bar (1st party)

Each VC game to have a playable timed free demo to get a true feel for the game, upon the expiring of the demo, the game ends and a message along the lines of "Thats it for free play" appears or it just fades out to the buying screen again

Overhaul of Mii channel. The appeal has worn off. Need more customisation options to differntiate sexes

DS demo channel

More interesting Wii channels

Fix up the SD card debarcle and/or make Wii HDD compatible, much needed

MAJOR FIRMWARE UPGRADE for Wii to improve on all of the interfaces/systems current issues!

RELEASE DA PROJECTOR!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't listed absolutely everything i'd like but its a start...

I would like to see the following regarding software and hardware on Wii in 2008 and beyond

Software --> Tangiable form released in stores (includes first, second and third party efforts) in no particular order:

Starfox Wii (with online dogfights as well as online co-op mode)

Pikmin 3,

Mario Party 9 (with online play and Wii shop customisation options)

True Paper Mario Game/Sequel (not spin-off),

F-Zero Wii (with online capabilities and greater customisation of vehicles and drivers, and this time be able to rotate characters 360 degrees),

Animal Crossing Wii (with online capabilities)

Geist 2 (with online multiplayer and better FPS gameplay),

Donkey Kong Country 4 (special project with Rareware),

Snowboard Kids 3 (4 player online races),

Waverace Wii,

New installments of Mario Golf and Mario Tennis,

Red Steel 2 (with online multiplayer and better FPS gameplay),

Disaster: Day of Crisis to not be cancelled and not disappoint

Wii Sports 2 (I know this ain't releasing, but i'm mentioning this anyway)

Grand Theft Auto 4 on Wii as well as a compilation of VC, SA and GTAIII

Castlevania Wii

1080 Wii

House of the Dead Wii (would put Umbrella Chronicles to shame)

AS MANY ONLINE GAMES AS POSSIBLE and

Something right out of the blue, totally original, unexpected IPs that involve actual proper gameplay, not mini games to appeal to non gamers in isolation

Software --> intangiable form released on Wii Shop channel:

Basically, any game NOT released in PAL regions

GOOD original efforts for Wii ware

Promotional freebies from time to time as well

Hardware:

Black Wii!

Wireless Nunchuck

Wireless Classic Controller

Wireless Sensor bar (1st party)

Each VC game to have a playable timed free demo to get a true feel for the game, upon the expiring of the demo, the game ends and a message along the lines of "Thats it for free play" appears or it just fades out to the buying screen again

Overhaul of Mii channel. The appeal has worn off. Need more customisation options to differntiate sexes

DS demo channel

More interesting Wii channels

Fix up the SD card debarcle and/or make Wii HDD compatible, much needed

MAJOR FIRMWARE UPGRADE for Wii to improve on all of the interfaces/systems current issues!

Include a WPA option for internet access on Wii (as per above)

RELEASE DA PROJECTOR!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't listed absolutely everything i'd like but its a start...

For a moment there I thought you were going to ak for too much.

Fun.

Don't give a flying fuck if it's online, epic, long, good graphics, kiddy, whatever. I really don't care about that. What I want is to have fun.

...So you'd be happy with Wii Play 2, Cooking mama 2, Mario Party 9 etc etc?

Most definetly need Pikmin 3, I mean its due!

I actually want to see some RTS games - a Sim City would be grand, but if EA really want to make up to Nintendo then command and Conquer would be a start...I basically want further expansion with the use of the Wii remote other than the 'use the Wii-remote as a tennis racket' generic shite.

But I'm kind of happy since we're already getting; SSBB, Final Fantasy and pro evolution soccer for 2008. Everything else will be extra stuffing. :)

...So you'd be happy with Wii Play 2, Cooking mama 2, Mario Party 9 etc etc?

Cooking Mama and MP8 weren't fun, so no. Wii Play 2 would be a good excuse to buy a third Wii Remote.

I wouldn't mind a game in the style of 42 All Time Classics. Pikmin 3, F-Zero WX and Star Fox Wii would be great, too (well, if Star Fox were like Lylat Wars). I'd love a well-made remake/sequel/whatever to Geist. The concept deserves another attempt.

Include a WPA option for internet access on Wii (as per above)

The Wii has a WPA option...

Like I said King, I don't care just as long as I have fun with the games. Stop trying to lure me into stupid debates. I sincerely don't give a crap about nowadays gaming standarts of deep, long games, the ones I play always seem to be overrated and boring. Just as long as I can play games that are well made and entertain me I'm happy.

I just want a happy medium. I want developers to explore the casual, fun element but not to completely disregard epicness, graphics, compelling storylines etc.

We need a good mix to keep the console going. For example when was the last time we had a decent FPS? After all that hype about the Wiimote as an excellent target reticule(Umbrella Chronicles doesn't count. I mean real FPS's)

For example when was the last time we had a decent FPS? After all that hype about the Wiimote as an excellent target reticule(Umbrella Chronicles doesn't count. I mean real FPS's)

The console isn't even a year old it's not like we had it for 7 years and seen no FPS. Considering it's a new control scheme and that MP3 and MoH2 nail the controls it seems good to me.

The console isn't even a year old it's not like we had it for 7 years and seen no FPS. Considering it's a new control scheme and that MP3 and MoH2 nail the controls it seems good to me.

MOH2? Is that Airborne or Heroes? Or another title entirely? cause I heard the control for Airborne was bad, COD was bloody awful.

The only one I've liked so far is Red Steel and I suppose RE which is partially FPS.

The problem is that even though we are drawing up to one year old developers still don't seem to be taking it seriously except Nintendo. I mean truely original and not "toned down fun for Wii users(aka simplified)" few and far between.

I mean from the current trend it seems developers think we are content with what we are getting. If the don't know otherwise then they'll continue making spin-offs, ports and games that don't even attempt gamecube graphics on some occasions.

Some new gane announcements. Most of the games that are coming up from Nintendo in the next six months we've known about for over a year, or at least suspected they exist, like Mario Kart. We're still waiting for games that were promised for the launch window, and it's about time we were told about something brand new.

I hope that there'll be many more multiplayer games on Wii by this time next year, and online would be nice as well, with Mii-specific Friend Codes carried over from MSCF.

I also hope Nintendo changes its TV advertising, too. At the moment, pretty much every first party game advert is the same - a family or young couple playing together. I'm happy Nintendo are advertising a lot more, but I'd like to see some original ads.

Can i dream... Starcarft II on wii... that would be so cool.. I mean n64 got the first one so there is always a chance right..... other than that i want some more epic games... and online with voice chat

I'd just like to see the third parties step up really, I think everything else is fine, Nintendo are still making great games and the console is great for me but the third parties just arn't cutting it.

I can already seeing their emphasis changing though, and am getting much more impressed, but am still waiting for them to make games on the scale of a first party title, which feels like it could be a long wait >_>.

Like I said King, I don't care just as long as I have fun with the games. Stop trying to lure me into stupid debates. I sincerely don't give a crap about nowadays gaming standarts of deep, long games, the ones I play always seem to be overrated and boring. Just as long as I can play games that are well made and entertain me I'm happy.

Well brother, to each his ownnnnnn. :blank:

I mean from the current trend it seems developers think we are content with what we are getting. If the don't know otherwise then they'll continue making spin-offs, ports and games that don't even attempt gamecube graphics on some occasions.

Bingo! This is why I can't just "don't care" about the overal quality of the games on Wii.

what i want to see is

Kid icarus,

Mystical ninja Goemon,

Donkey kong ( a real adventure game this time )

Disaster day of crisis ,

Geist 2

a good megaman game

Castlevania ,

Resident evil ( horror game not a shooter like umbrella chronicles )

Final fantasy

a new good Streetfighter game

F-zero racing game / or a completely new adventure game

Starfox

Killer instinct ( becouse rare's no longer bound to microsoft and they said themselves that only thing that nintendo has to do is just ask and they start developing again for them and killer instict is for me a real Fighting game legend but it can only happen as nintendo and rare are toghether again becouse they both own 50% of the game )

Mario paint

The Movies,

the Sims online

Batailon wars

Dragonball Z adventure game ( a good one this time )

Megaman

Kirby adventure

streets of rage

and final i want a Double dragon game back on a Console

I;ve gone for stuff that either hasn't been announced or we have seen very little of...

Pikmin

Donkey Kong 3D Platformer

Animal Crossing Wii

Disaster Day of Crisis

1080 and/or Wave Race

Castlevania

Resurrection of a long forgotten franchise reimagined for the Wii

In terms of Hardware, I still wanna see a hard drive appear when we get the roll out of Wii Ware. Also would like further expansion of the online system. They are getting there and making steps forward it just feels like they are so much slower than Microsoft and Sony...

The Wii has a WPA option...

It certainly does. The DS on the other hand doesn't, so that's what I'd like to see. I have no idea how they would make that happen for existing DSes, mind you. Argh!

I also want to see a brand new type of Metroid game; different to the Prime series.

More epic games like Zelda, Metroid and Mario please.

Also Animal Crossing!

Thanks! :)

Its probably as a result of me not disabling security temporarily so I can download the firmware update that has the option included. Thats one item off my list now...

Cool indeed! I've missed like 50 Wii poll channel questions, its been that long I don't even remember the name of the channel anymore!

Its probably as a result of me not disabling security temporarily so I can download the firmware update that has the option included. Thats one item off my list now...

I'm pretty certain that it has it straight from the box.

I want to see the wii balance board put in some tradional games, just to see if the concept would work, i would also definitely be up for a DS demo channel.

But more than anything i think i probably want to see a game that i could not have even imagined the second before it is unveiled, i want to see shigsy create a game so original that nobody could have ever thought it possible.

I am happy with what i am seeing down for release next year at the moment, eg, smash bros, mariokart, wiifit, bwii...