NEurope
Twozzok

Colin Mcrae and son dead.

I seriously can't believe this has happened....:(

RIP to everyone who was involved.

You Maybe suprised but no one really cares about what you or anyone thinks about wether threads like this are wrong...

RIP Couldn't quite believe it when I read the paper

You remain my most-hated forumite. The thread isn't wrong. You're wrong.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to be saddened by the loss of a sporting icon. We don't know him? So what? Hardly anyone knew the Queen Mum when she died, yet how many people queued up for hours to say goodbye?

RIP, Colin.

Yeah, coz everyone knows that the crowd is always right. Oo

People are morons. Never noticed it? Besides, this is British people we're talking about!!

And that's exactly what I mean!!! If I were famous and died, I wouldn't want complete strangers who meant nothing to me at my funeral. Neither would I like it if my wife were famous and died, just to be surrounded by dumbasses mourning a loss they did not comprehend!

Ok, I'm sorry, but I have to explode here.

Everytime some celebrity dies, you all get gloomy and sad and say things such as "tragic" or "horrible" and etc. It isn't a tragedy... A person died. Thousands die every day. He was exceptionally good/talented at what he did and so he will live on in history books for his accomplishments. That is the greatest hounor a human can achieve: immortality. People will remember him!

But what I see from you is sad faces and gloomyness. You didn't even know him, for God's sake! He wasn't your friend... he was your complete stranger! I think it's fucking insulting to be sad about the death of an individual you did not know! Your sad that his racing is gone, NOT HIM. I don't really care if my favourite musician died. I would lament the fact that his music would be gone, but I couldn't care less about him. I don't even know who he is!

Finally, I know that his accomplishments brought joy to thousands and such and no doubt the likes of Ant-Shimmin will attack my posting saying that he was "a legend and an inspiration" and such. Ant that's true, he was. But when someone dies, you mourn for the loss of a personality, not a profession.

OH!!! Just so you don't get things mixed up here, I think Colin McRae is/was a fantastic racer whom I respecty and I seriously hope he isn't dead, but if he is, may he rest in piece and may the world never forget him. His skill deserves immortal recognition. But I cannot feel sad for the loss of something I do not know.

And all of you already thought I was crazy before reading this... huh?

Well, I'm just stating my views and did not, in any way, mean to be disrespectful to anyone, especially Mr. McRae, so... that's that.

R.I.P.

Good point, but tbh this is quite tragic. R.I.P Colin McRae, and everyone else that was aboard that helicopter. :(

Wait.. what?

People are morons. Never noticed it? Besides, this is British people we're talking about!!

And that's exactly what I mean!!! If I were famous and died, I wouldn't want complete strangers who meant nothing to me at my funeral. Neither would I like it if my wife were famous and died, just to be surrounded by dumbasses mourning a loss they did not comprehend!

I can really see where your coming from. However, it is easy to see why the public mourn over deaths of famous people. The majority of the time they are very talented individuals, or are huge icons that have a lot to stand for. It's tragic that their talents will never be able to continue.

Plus people can actually have emotions, you know. Maybe they feel a strong connection with what some of these famous people did, or they believe strongly in their actions. It could even give some people something to believe in. Surely, you must understand that theres emotion connected to that?

I can really see where your coming from. However, it is easy to see why the public mourn over deaths of famous people. The majority of the time they are very talented individuals, or are huge icons that have a lot to stand for. It's tragic that their talents will never be able to continue.

Plus people can actually have emotions, you know. Maybe they feel a strong connection with what some of these famous people did, or they believe strongly in their actions. It could even give some people something to believe in. Surely, you must understand that theres emotion connected to that?

Yes, I do. I understand perfectly. I just think it's hypocrit to say you will miss the person, when you will only miss what they did.

Oh well. I think you really got what I was trying to get to.

Oh, and good post. ;) (Not sarcastic)

People definetly go over the top when celebrities die in acting like it has directly shaped their lifes, but at the end of the day alot of the time somebodies work can have a profound influence on someone, so the death of their idol will hit them badly...

All that shit with Princess Diana though, I mean sure mourn her for what she did but the amount of people calling her the best person ever, when they have never even had a relationship with the person is pathetic.

Same, all that stuff bores me to tears. Yes she did some good things, but come on, so many other people do good things in the world and they don't get half the attention she is still getting today. Bugs the hell out of me.

I can see your point Ox, but you should appreciate that you dont have to know somebody to be touched by their actions

I do. I seriously do. I'm touched by the actions of many. But I couldn't care less about THEM, as persons. I don't even know who they are!!

Oh, and about Diana, Hobb, Hagg, it's weird to see the 3 of us agreeing on something. =D

EDIT:

HEY!!! YOU CALLED ME AN OX!!! :D:D:D

So you can't think something is tragic and put a sad face on a thread about them if you only knew them through their career? Just because you didn't know them personally doesn't meanyou shouldnt care about the loss of a great role model and champion.

I wish people would stop refering to him as a celebrity, he was a rally driver - not an x-factor auditionee. I've met him a couple of times and he was a really nice guy who always stuck around to talk to fans long after he needed to.

He'll be sadly missed and my thoughts are with his family.

So you can't think something is tragic and put a sad face on a thread about them if you only knew them through their career? Just because you didn't know them personally doesn't meanyou shouldnt care about the loss of a great role model and champion.

That's not it!! God, I'm sick and tired of that!! I just think it's insulting to claim he was a great loss when you don't even begin to grasp how much he contributed to life. You know 5% of him.

So I can't be sad to lose that 5%?

Especially as a fellow Scot, I feel that we have lost one of our greatest ambassadors. He was always a nice guy from what I saw, great at what he did, and never demanded attention like so many people these days.

So I can't be sad to lose that 5%?

Especially as a fellow Scot, I feel that we have lost one of our greatest ambassadors. He was always a nice guy from what I saw, great at what he did, and never demanded attention like so many people these days.

Yes you can, I'm only saying that you people in general act like you know how much of a loss he was, when you don't. That's basically it. ^^