NEurope
Twozzok

Colin Mcrae and son dead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6996860.stm

Two people are believed to have died in a helicopter crash near the Lanarkshire home of former World Rally Champion Colin McRae.

The helicopter came down at 1610 BST in Jerviswood, about a mile from Lanark, and is understood to have caught fire.

Strathclyde Police said there were no survivors and that no further details about the victims would be released until Sunday.

Mr McRae, 39, is known to be a keen helicopter pilot.

The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) said it had been led to believe two people were on board the Squirrel aircraft.

However, Strathclyde Police said the helicopter damage was so bad they could not confirm how many were involved.

A police statement said: "Around 1610 BST on Saturday, 15 September 2007, emergency services were called to a helicopter crash in Jerviswood, east of the A73 at Lanark.

"There are no survivors.

"It is not known how many people were on board at this time and there will be no formal identification of anyone on board this evening."

The statement added that the air accident investigation team was on its way to Scotland to establish the cause of the crash.

The Scottish Ambulance Service confirmed that its own helicopter had been despatched to the scene along with three ambulance crews.

Strathclyde Fire and Rescue Service also has units in attendance at the scene.

The RAF spokesman said the incident did not involve a military aircraft and added that its helicopter was on stand-by to assist.

A spokesman for the British Airports Authority said the helicopter did not come from Glasgow or Edinburgh Airports.

The Strathclyde Police spokeswoman said officers were trying to establish who was on board and where the helicopter was travelling to and from.

"The damage has been so bad that we don't know how many people were on board," she said.

"It might be one, it might be more. We just don't know at the moment."

Hopefully he isn't, but it's a strong possibility at the moment :(:(:(:(

Also this apparently translates to saying he's dead.

http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2007/09/15/512194.html

Its tragic :(

Apparently his 5 year old was in the crash too. Absolutely horrible :(

There hasn't been confirmation that its him, I seriously hope they're wrong.

EDIT: Ignore that, now i'm upset.

Thats a complete tradgedy. I feel really bad for his wife/daughter.

Someone should change the title of the thread.

I've been reading this thread and wow.

That's a big shock.

Just saw it on the bar at the bottom of Sky News.

Whoah, Sky News says 4 people were on the helicopter and that none survived.

Gutted. RIP Colin. You were a true legend. Pure talent. The greats always die young. Tragic. :heart::(

Ok, I'm sorry, but I have to explode here.

Everytime some celebrity dies, you all get gloomy and sad and say things such as "tragic" or "horrible" and etc. It isn't a tragedy... A person died. Thousands die every day. He was exceptionally good/talented at what he did and so he will live on in history books for his accomplishments. That is the greatest hounor a human can achieve: immortality. People will remember him!

But what I see from you is sad faces and gloomyness. You didn't even know him, for God's sake! He wasn't your friend... he was your complete stranger! I think it's fucking insulting to be sad about the death of an individual you did not know! Your sad that his racing is gone, NOT HIM. I don't really care if my favourite musician died. I would lament the fact that his music would be gone, but I couldn't care less about him. I don't even know who he is!

Finally, I know that his accomplishments brought joy to thousands and such and no doubt the likes of Ant-Shimmin will attack my posting saying that he was "a legend and an inspiration" and such. Ant that's true, he was. But when someone dies, you mourn for the loss of a personality, not a profession.

OH!!! Just so you don't get things mixed up here, I think Colin McRae is/was a fantastic racer whom I respecty and I seriously hope he isn't dead, but if he is, may he rest in piece and may the world never forget him. His skill deserves immortal recognition. But I cannot feel sad for the loss of something I do not know.

And all of you already thought I was crazy before reading this... huh?

Well, I'm just stating my views and did not, in any way, mean to be disrespectful to anyone, especially Mr. McRae, so... that's that.

R.I.P.

...way to shit on on the thread.

Anyway, I find it quite sad that and Father and His Song died in this helicopter crash.

Well he does have a point.

But it still is terrible for his wife and whoever else that knew him.

R.I.P McRae.

I wasn't the biggest rally fan, but him dying is like Schumacher passing away, and I completely understand what his fans must be feeling. God he didn't deserve that :(

Ok, I'm sorry, but I have to explode here.

Everytime some celebrity dies, you all get gloomy and sad and say things such as "tragic" or "horrible" and etc. It isn't a tragedy... A person died. Thousands die every day. He was exceptionally good/talented at what he did and so he will live on in history books for his accomplishments. That is the greatest hounor a human can achieve: immortality. People will remember him!

But what I see from you is sad faces and gloomyness. You didn't even know him, for God's sake! He wasn't your friend... he was your complete stranger! I think it's fucking insulting to be sad about the death of an individual you did not know! Your sad that his racing is gone, NOT HIM. I don't really care if my favourite musician died. I would lament the fact that his music would be gone, but I couldn't care less about him. I don't even know who he is!

Finally, I know that his accomplishments brought joy to thousands and such and no doubt the likes of Ant-Shimmin will attack my posting saying that he was "a legend and an inspiration" and such. Ant that's true, he was. But when someone dies, you mourn for the loss of a personality, not a profession.

OH!!! Just so you don't get things mixed up here, I think Colin McRae is/was a fantastic racer whom I respecty and I seriously hope he isn't dead, but if he is, may he rest in piece and may the world never forget him. His skill deserves immortal recognition. But I cannot feel sad for the loss of something I do not know.

And all of you already thought I was crazy before reading this... huh?

Well, I'm just stating my views and did not, in any way, mean to be disrespectful to anyone, especially Mr. McRae, so... that's that.

R.I.P.

You Maybe suprised but no one really cares about what you or anyone thinks about wether threads like this are wrong...

RIP Couldn't quite believe it when I read the paper

Even though the police haven't formally confirmed him as one of those in the accident, it seems likely he was in it.

RIP Colin McRae, you will be sorely missed in the world of motorsport.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to be saddened by the loss of a sporting icon. We don't know him? So what? Hardly anyone knew the Queen Mum when she died, yet how many people queued up for hours to say goodbye?

RIP, Colin.

RIP to all 4 people on that helicopter. None of them deserve my sympathy any more than the others.

r.i.p colin and the others in the helicopter

couldnt beleive it when it came on the news was shocked :(

Well only recently heard this when they mentioned it on the F1, awful news. I wasn't really into rallying that much and my memories of Colin Mcrae are more from the video game series (which he was a very active producer on), but despite this it is always a lose when a sport losses such a figurehead...

Feel sorry for all who have been affected by the deaths of all in the helicopter, what a huge loss...