NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

VGcats hates the controller

Now Scott is being a total idiot (check latest comic). This is really the kind of thing you see in webcomics. They don't even think things over properly or get informed they just hit the sarcasm button. I'm pretty sure that any necessary add on comes with the game as we've seen before in many cases. Like some said, not liking it or loving is fine, but at least get your facts straight and try not to be an asshole.

Now Scott is being a total idiot (check latest comic). This is really the kind of thing you see in webcomics. They don't even think things over properly or get informed they just hit the sarcasm button. I'm pretty sure that any necessary add on comes with the game as we've seen before in many cases. Like some said, not liking it or loving is fine, but at least get your facts straight and try not to be an asshole.

FFS; read his news post. Take a dose of your own medicine, 'get your facts straight'. He actually is looking forward to seeing the games, but he isn't too convinced if Nintendo are taking the right path(which is what I think as well).

FFS; read his news post. Take a dose of your own medicine, 'get your facts straight'. He actually is looking forward to seeing the games, but he isn't too convinced if Nintendo are taking the right path(which is what I think as well).

Hellfire's point is that in the comic they're showing things, like having to pay for the analogue nunchuk, which have already been confirmed as being otherwise.

I think the add-ons will come bundled with the games, akin to Donkey Konga and the Rumble Pak with Lylat Wars. Nintendo aren't going to make us pay for them unless they're optional or something.

Hellfire's point is that in the comic they're showing things, like having to pay for the analogue nunchuk, which have already been confirmed as being otherwise.

At least someone got my point :)

I wasn't really hard to see your point hellfire. It was logical and made perfect sense.

For some reason or another, I think they just ingored it!

VGCats?

Is this some people who are just normally gamers but have a website with sub average comics?

Oh <i>them</i>.

Ignore <i>them</i>.

I wasn't really hard to see your point hellfire. It was logical and made perfect sense.

For some reason or another, I think they just ingored it!

**** you.(unnecesary anger-but i'll leave it in anyway..) seriously. A lot of you guys are so repugnant; you're annoying fanboys and you don't even know it. Stop whining every time someone disses Nintendo and the new pad; there are a lot more important things in life than games, comics based on games, and discussing either.

Edit; I think he also had a valid point; the fact is, why give add-ons away for free, when peple WILL pay for them. Nintendo are just trying to get your money like Sony and Microsoft; they aren't no different to them, and in some instances(see pokemon, constant re-releases among other things), they can be worse. Some of you look at Nintendo through rose tinted glasses, it's time you realised they are just a company who want your money and don't care about you or what you think; as long as you keep buying their stuff that is.

Edit the second; seems Dave Perry of Shiny already knows how things will work;

when a developer designs a game, they can very easily design their own interface at the same time. Their interface component would then (at a very low cost) be included in every game box. (Imagine a small "interface' block that clips in the front of a normal controller.)

Games with these devices will be more expensive than games without them; exactly what Scott of VGcats was implying, you will have to pay for these add-ons.

• Like 1

This is so fun. Do you people see a pattern here? When someone agrees with Nintendo, he's automatically a fanboy. I didn't pay more for Donkey Konga with bongas than I did for Metroid Prime, Four Sword Adventures came with link cable, Lylat Wars came with the rumble pack, Donkey Kong 64 came with an Expansion Pack. All these games cost the exact same as any other game. While Nintendo is a company these things I just wrote are facts. They've done it and following the trend, it's safe to assume that they'll do it again. And I might be wrong here, but the point Dave Perry has is that developers can now easily create costum interfaces, not that they'll make them mandatory for games and sell them seperately. In fact he seems to have loved the idea. Still, I might have interpreted him wrong. You also say that there are more important things in life than discussing games. Sure there are. There are also more important things than eating chocolate cake, wash the car, take a walk down the beach or watch TV, but nonetheless people do it. We are in a videogame forum, we discuss videogames. We were all discussing calmly, until you insulted someone. I'll say this to you: calm down, there are more important things in life than games and discussing them.

Yes, but there is no need to act like videogaming is a holy war; is there?

Oh, and just agreeing with Nintendo does not make you a fanboy; many people agree with Nintendo about the revo pad; i do as well. What makes some of the people in this thread/forum fanboys are the fact that they can't allow someone to criticse the Big N-not even an online comic that is there for the funnies, and the funnies alone. They had to stand up and support nintendo, even though the people who have criticised them won't ever get to see it; pointless tbh.

Just a question, would people be happy if i locked this thread? It's just going to cause more "omg, vgcats sux!" arguments, when really they haven't said owt.

Yes; please do, I don't want to get into a flame war with everyone(my ass would probably burn here even through the intarweb) who can't stand to see anyone make even the slightest dig at nintendo.

I suppose the Anti VG cats or wtvr thread is more suitable to a lock, but if you think it's the right thing to do, lock away.

Personally, i like VGcats and their comics, and i still don't see the bit where they said they don't like the Revolution. They have a jokey sense of humour, so i put it down to that. It's hardly something to get worked up about tho. It's not as if our lives depends on a controller. :heh:

Anyway, for the sake of people's sanity, i'm locking it.

Sign in to follow this