NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

VGcats hates the controller

"so what happens whenever you want to play a game and you dont want to get up and do the hula and dont want to use your old crappy gamecube controller. everyone got their cod liver oil tablets in large supply? your gonna need supple joints for this one." -- Isaac

You are obviously confused young one. Nintendo is making a "shell" that is reminiscent of traditional controllers seen today. The "wand" fits into the top of the "shell" so there are no dangling wires like the analague attachment has. This has another pro in its favor. Because the "wand" is fit in through the top, it's ability to sense tilt, turn, and depth is still functional.

So basically Nintendo created 4 different controllers:

1. The "wand"/remote.

2. The shell and "wand"/remote.

3. The "wand"/remote and the analogue stick attachment.

4. Two "wands" (which allows for some of the craziest ideas, like using the two as "drumsticks" on a virtual drumkit.)

Also, the technology is very sensitive. So much so, that most games would require but a flick of the wrist. All this can be done with your hands resting comfortable on your lap.

I don't particularly care what people think about the controller, but I'd like to join the "VGCats is shite" brigade. Oh, the guy wears boxers on his head? Never seen that before.

Lol, just because he owns a big popular webcomic doesn't mean his opinion should sway us in any way whatsoever.

if nintendo were so confidant with their new controller they wouldnt have done dual compatibility

What a stupid thing to say, if they dont include a regular controller they would alianate to much of the 3rd parties games. When they came out with analog stick why they keep the d pad same with sony. Just cuz they have a regular controller add on its not that they lack confidence sorry if u see it that way.

IGN have posted a mock up of how they think the controller might look with the "wand" remote attached to the middle. Looks pretty darned sexy if I do say so myself. Shame no official images exist as yet.

understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

Oh well if they dont like it, im sure theyre just trying to get attention (like this) which will end up getting them hits.

Not everyones going to like it.

Let them think whatever they wanna think.

Let them say whatever they wanna say.

But whatever they think or say, they will try it anyways, and when they get their hands on this baby, they'll love it, I'm sure of it!

How can you NOT love the future?!

Don't be a smartass, you smartass! :P

ok... so it is...

Try it like it play it love it buy it **Nintendo Fanboy born**

IGN have posted a mock up of how they think the controller might look with the "wand" remote attached to the middle. Looks pretty darned sexy if I do say so myself. Shame no official images exist as yet.

understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

That actually looks quite good, I like the way all of the buttons are still accessible through the controller. Notice IGN had taken the liberty of adding a second Z-button on the left hand side.

Who cares what one person says? Even a fool and his monkey can see that people will want to play this.

I bet the majority of people know about Dance Machine games, even non-gamers. The same will happen with Revolution because everyone can understand how it works. You move your arm, you move something on screen.

Who cares what one person says? Even a fool and his monkey can see that people will want to play this.

I bet the majority of people know about Dance Machine games, even non-gamers. The same will happen with Revolution because everyone can understand how it works. You move your arm, you move something on screen.

Yeah, because we all know what a massive hit the eyetoy was, and how that changed the gaming world.......

when i read it on the vgcats site first thing i thought was what the hell is he doing checking out vibrators! (there was a link to a sex toy site where there was a vibrator that looked like the revo controller) did he look at the picture and think : hey that looks like a vibrator i´ve been checking out

That actually looks quite good, I like the way all of the buttons are still accessible through the controller. Notice IGN had taken the liberty of adding a second Z-button on the left hand side.

it look good to you, well at first it did bt now it looks big clunky and butt :heh:

scot just posted his first opinion, he always takes the piss

he's been warmed up to it in the forums tho

not everybody is going to like it, at least not till they have tried it

They never said they didn't like it!! Me and my mates think it looks like a sex toy with the Analogue add-on too.

I think Scott is just refusing to believe it can be successful until he sees proof. Some people will go to great lengths to avoid potential disappointment. :heh:

Myself, I'm optimistic about the new controller... for one thing, many people I've talked to these past few days, of whom next to none owned a Gamecube and less than half played console games at all, just about everybody seemed very enthusiastic when I explained what the controller can do. And yes, these are the same people who never understood why ever anybody could want a Gamecube... and they love the Revolution concept.

Give the narrow-minded a few months to get used to the idea and couple in the fact that the new console is nether purple nor kiddy, and I think the optimism that many feel right now is well founded.

And if the controller can actually be used as a sex toy (which I doubt, since the rumble function seems to be in the remote-like part, but who knows for sure?), well, at least that's another step away from the kiddy image and towards a multimedia entertainment platform, eh? :grin:

I didn't see the bit where they said they hate it, so i dunno. :hmm:

But, they're not going to play the controller for you. :heh: So, it's really up to us to decide if it's good or not.

Give the narrow-minded a few months to get used to the idea and couple in the fact that the new console is nether purple nor kiddy

Hahaha, Yes, it is SO not purple!! :D

So; It's ok for somebody to predict that it'll be awesome, but when somebody predicts it'll be crap, 'oh noes, I can't believe that-how can they say it'll suck-they haven't tried it'

Thats the thing none of use know if it'll be good/bad-we all have our own opinions, including scott, and we are all entitled to them, as at the moment, no one can say if we are right or wrong.

the problem is that they hate it for it's looks

Sign in to follow this