NEurope
sagat

What was the last game you played on the SNES?

I remember mine (especially as my mum bought all the games for us..lol) it was Yoshi's island which was bought in early 1996. A great game but later that year, the SNES gave way to the N64. It was sold the following year.. Happy times

I don't remember precisely, but I know I had a huge gaming session on my SNES about 2 months ago, because I was bored to death of the Wii, and I didn't have the money for a 360 yet. Through that play session I remember playing Yoshi's Island, Mario All-Stars, Kirby's Dream Course, Donkey Kong Country, and Pierre Le Chef (a strange game where you run around trying to catch runaway food...), so it was probably one of those or a game I can't remember, and I'm not sure I can be bothered to dig out my SNES just to check.

Donkey Kong Country 3 was my last purchase on the SNES, and most likely the last game I played on my own console. Talk about going out with style :)

Donkey Kong Country 3 was my last purchase on the SNES, and most likely the last game I played on my own console. Talk about going out with style :)

Thats very stylish indeed! : peace:

I'm not so sure what the last Snes game I played is... aside from Breath of Fire 2 and whatever else I have on VC, its between Super Tennis and Clayfighter as to what the last game I played is on the actual Snes. That was only a few weeks ago mind, not 10+ years! :heh:

Pierre Le Chef (a strange game where you run around trying to catch runaway food...)

I had that it was the sex.

I bought a 2nd hand SNES last year (my first, missed the SNES area). Last game I played was Metroid I think, but I got stuck somewhere,

near the Crocomire (?) boss I think, there was an area you had to boostjump too. From the previous games I played, I wasn't used to needing this, and it didn't occur to me that the boostjump would reach this high.. I was trying to get there with a shinespark, but this was impossible.

Finally I used GameFaqs, but I felt stupid afterwards and stopped playing.. Also I finally got my Wii, and I still have plenty Cube titles I need to play (and buy), so I've got my SNES on stand-by for the moment.

There will be a small retro games convention thingy in my city next month, I'll try to score Super Mario World (won't be that hard I reckon), and some RPG's.

Mario World, just destroyed that 6th castle, onto the seventh. Can't wait until Bowser fight though, the ending is SUPER AWESOME

Man those were the days. I still never mastered killer instinct (twas very frustrating when my young kids used to beat me all the time; this was 96) i did not miss the cube at all but have some affection for the N64.

Mine was Yoshi's Island too- I'm sure of it. It came in a HUGE BOX with a players guide! I remember loving that game so much. It was incredible. Donkey Kong Country 3 was another of the last ones too. £50! And it was worth every second of gaming pleasure I sapped from that little bad boy. (Man I miss the 2D DK games). Eleven years ago and I still want more! It was like liquid silky smooth when you got into the groove of the mechanics of rolling and jumping.

I remember hunting for Street Fighter Alpha 2 everywhere but by then I was interested in buying Wave Race and Shadows Of The Empire (shudder) and Mario64 had blown me away so much I just wanted N64 everything!

Happy days indeed. I loved my ickle Snes.

Mario World, just destroyed that 6th castle, onto the seventh. Can't wait until Bowser fight though, the ending is SUPER AWESOME

Lol, I've got an old photograph of me in front of the tv in my pjs. On the tv is the ending screen of Mario World, and I look so pleased with myself!

Last game I played on the SNES was Mario World, and played it with my Sister back in June.

Though my last SNES game I played was Link to the Past the other day. The SNES in my room just now is my Sisters, I sold mine for Money (I deeply regret) when I was younger and want my own one again. Though my Sister will need to be deeply convinced.

^^ it is a good game. I first played it in 94 and never finished it. I played part two recently but it was fairly average

Super mario kart and I found that it controlled crap. But that is just down to me being used to current day handling in driving games.

^^ it is a good game. I first played it in 94 and never finished it.

Yeah same here, I could do all the missions and the game would tell me to go to the helipad but when I got their the game told me I was missing 1 Egg and to go find it.

I never found it on my own so a few years ago I checked a guide...I couldn’t believe that last egg was hidden in an area where you had to walk through tree's which are completely solid normally.

As for the ending...you really didnt miss much other then the worse ending in video game history =p

Our house was burgled about 6 months before the SNES went off sale. The burglary meant me and my brother upgraded our Master System and old, completed junk, for an awesome new SNES and the latest games. I think the last game I played on it was Donkey Kong Country 3, which was amazing.

Last game I played on a SNES (at my bro's place) was either Super Tennis (bat!bat!bat!) or Street Fighter 2, at which he undoubtedly bum-burgled me.