NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
welsh_gamer

Where were you? 9/11

Where were you when 9/11 happened? How did you react and people around you.

I had just got back from home from school (it was around 3:35p.m) and I put the TV on. At that time there is usually a lot of Children's programmes on the box. I saw a clip of a plane going into one of the tower's, and I thought that there was a movie on, which would of had been unusual. It then dawned on me that this was infact the news. I was horrified. Didn't do anything that evening apart from watching the news until I fell asleep.

Didn't really discuss it with my family, just with all my friends the next day. Didn't see anyone that evening either, as I had locked myself in my room, glued to the TV.

Wow, I forgot about it today..I remember my parents picking me up and telling me about it. I think..

I was at college when it happened. I noticed people were acting weird but none of my friends knew either so I only found out properly when I got home and turned on the tv.

My first reaction after "shit, that's bad", was "if it's terrorists, they've done bloody well!"

And they have: 6 years later and we're asking where we were when we heard...

At home because I had an hospital appointment so had the day off school.

Didn't give a shit then, don't give a shit now.

When 11/9 happened, I was in a geography class. I actually made fun of it until I got home. My geography teacher just said "The Twin Towers a have fallen over" or something similar, I didn't think about the possibility that people could have been hurt. When I saw the news it just clicked, and I thought "Oh" (and the general emotions everyone else felt followed)

I have one question: Why do we still remember this day yearly (no, this is not another one of these Cruel-Cube things) when we never do anything to remember major natural disasters that make the 11/9 death toll look as big as the death toll from a tomato?

I remember perfectly.

I was 9. Me and my friend were sitting at home, in the kitchen. He went there to for we to trade and have some Pokemon matches (I won them all :D). The TV was on, although at the time I wasn't watching, and suddenly, news flash! A plane crashed into one of the Twin Towers. At the time, we were giving a crap about all that. Barely we knew the impact it would have and how much it would be talked about.

I also remember, later in the afternoon, the news host was talking about the first crash, and appeared some footage. At first, he thought it was the footage of the first crash, but then he realized it was live footage, a second airplane was crashing against the other tower. It was a surprising moment.

I have one question: Why do we still remember this day yearly (no, this is not another one of these Cruel-Cube things) when we never do anything to remember major natural disasters that make the 11/9 death toll look as big as the death toll from a tomato?

Well would you remember either A) an earthquake killing people or B) 2 planes crashing into the twin towers, lead by terroists and then having both the towers fall down causing mass hysteria all over the world?

Pretty easy as to which one.

I was walking hom from school and my mum told me. It was my sisters birthday.

I was at school.Walked home and didn't realise what was going on till a while after.

And it's my parents anniversary on the same day.What wonderfull luck.

Me and a friend was in CEX up london when a woman come rushing into shop asking if they had internet access as she had just heard a plane had gone into the World Trade Center. Everyone in the store seemed a bit shocked. We left the store and headed back to his place and turned on the TV to see the news.

Where were you? When they built that ladder to heaven.

On my way home from school, in my mum's car. And i ahd no fucknig idea what was going on.

I was at my old childminders house.

We were watching Cartoons on Cartoon Network and then the childminder changed the channel to the news. Her and her family were shocked, saddened, as they should have been.

Me and the other kids just wanted to change the channel back to cartoons. I, and the others, could not understand the significance of the event. To us, it was just a building that had got damaged, the thought of only human loss didn't occur to us.

In retrospect, our attitude must have been quite upsetting to my childminder and my parents. It took a few days for me to realise quite what had happened.

I remember I was at the bus stop waiting to go to school. During the first half of the school day I would go to one school, and then take the bus back to my original school. That morning my friends told me about it the said that a plane had hit two famous towers in New York. I had no idea which towers they were talking about since New York is full of them. I then hopped on the bus and it was on the radio, I and no one on the bus said a word, not even when my friend got on the bus. After getting off the bus everyone went to their classes like zombies, all in shock. Nothing was done that first day, every class was the same, the TV was on, no talking except for the occasional "I can't believe it". The next day was worse, they had started to show the families whom were desperate to find their missing loved ones. My Mother could no longer stand to watch, it was just too sad. I'm getting teary eyed remembering.:weep:

i was in english class at secondary school ~ we had the radio on 'cause out teacher was the relaxed type...

And it's my parents anniversary on the same day.What wonderfull luck.

It's the girl I like birthday today. :heh:

I remember: I had just got home from school, switched on the TV, my friend phoned to say what had happened and then sat and watched the TV for hours.

Didn't give a shit then, don't give a shit now.

You didn't give a shit that thousands of innocent people lost their lives in a senseless act of terrorism and changed the world for many years to come?

Lovely fella you are. :indeed:

I was working at Halfords at the time (part time job) and heard it on the radio as i was just finishing the early shift.

Went into comet and was watching it on the news in there then drove home and just as I got in the 2nd plane hit.

I sat and watched sky news for the rest of the day and night.

It's the girl I likes birthday today. :heh:

I remember: I had just got home from school, switched on the TV, my friend phoned to say what had happened and then sat and watched the TV for hours.

its my birthday in four days (remember it) I get all hyped for it, then I remember 9/11 and it just takes all the fun out of it.:blank:

You didn't give a shit that thousands of innocent people lost their lives in a senseless act of terrorism and changed the world for many years to come?

Lovely fella you are. :indeed:

I acknowledge that is happened and shizzle has happened as a result of it. But I just don't find myself caring... But I'm still a lovely bloke.

I remember coming home from school and switching on the news. Didn't care then, but the 7/7 attacks really have changed my view on the world.

Coming home from school, Mum opened the door "Airplanes are crashing in America"...Needless to say I shit one...

I'm with EEVIL on this one.

There's been far worse things happen in the world and all this focus goes to show that the terrorists succeeded.

I'm with EEVIL on this one.

There's been far worse things happen in the world and all this focus goes to show that the terrorists succeeded.

What if the US government 'won'. What if this was a privelege to them?

Why is this thread full of souless bastards that think they are solid saying

"ROFL I DON'T CARE IT'S JUST ANOTHER DAY ROFL OVER 2000 PEOPLE DIED AND DADDIES AND MUMMIES WHERE LOSt"

Fucking Grow up you *****...

Sign in to follow this