NEurope
Gizmo

Link's Crossbow Training

I bought this today, I haven't had much time with it though. I heard you could calibrate the pointer so you're actually pointing somewhere on the screen. Is this true?

You can calibrate the pointer yes

Oh ffs. My Tesco order has been delated to 17th December, which is to late frankly. I'm gonna cancel it, but I can't find it in stock anywhere else unless I want to pay £40 odd for it.

Oh ffs. My Tesco order has been delated to 17th December, which is to late frankly. I'm gonna cancel it, but I can't find it in stock anywhere else unless I want to pay £40 odd for it.

I saw a few boxes in gamestation yesterday.

My copy arrived yesterday and I spent a couple of hours with it.

Not a bad game at all (although my best scores aren't that great , only 2 platinums so far) and I was surprised at how solid the zapper felt.

My copy arrived yesterday and I spent a couple of hours with it.

Not a bad game at all (although my best scores aren't that great , only 2 platinums so far) and I was surprised at how solid the zapper felt.

Suprisingly I never even used the Zapper. After all the bad press it got I thought why bother and just used the wiimote. Still dont see what the point was in releasing the gun as the wiimote is essentially already that.

Still dont see what the point was in releasing the gun as the wiimote is essentially alraedy that.

As much as I did enjoy using the zapper I wholeheartedly agree with the above.

Suprisingly I never even used the Zapper. After all the bad press it got I thought why bother and just used the wiimote.

Wasn't that just with Resi?

As for you Kurtle, drink this: STFU.

Why don't you STFU, you were the one repeating things. Go get FUTA.

Wasn't that just with Resi?
Nope, pretty much every review says the game plays better without the zapper, be it Resi, Zelda, Ghost Squad etc...

Well picked this up today for £19.99 in gamestation they seemed to have a ton of them left. Just an impulse buy really, plan on getting RE;UC once I've got some other games completed, so thought I may as well pick this up.

I've played through the first three levels got bronzes all the way on the first run, then went back and done a second run to try and get some medals. So far the game is fun, seems solid enough whilst not much to it there is still enough there for it to be worth some repeat plays and multiplayer sessions.

I do however have a problem with the zapper. I just don't get what it brings to the table of anything it is a very restrictive piece of hardware. Firstly I think it is a well made shell for the Wiimote, I don't have any problems with the trigger and think it makes a really good job of accommodating both the nunchuk and wiimote and the wires that come to with the two. My problem comes with its restrictive nature for a control mechanic that Nintendo has forever demonstrated as offering a kind of freedom not possible on other consoles. The nunchuk was given tilt sensors as well to further demonstrate this future for motion based control and for splitting the traditional joypad. So to suddenly be given a system that bolts the two together and largely makes the nunchuk redundant (expect for the odd feeling free moving levels) It also largely makes the wiis face buttons redundant.

The wiimote's trigger and point design leads itself to being a gun/zapper anyhow meaning that any device like the zapper is largely just a shell, I really wish they had gone for this design shown off at E3 a few years ago;

zapper1.jpg

hhhmmmm... was looking at this in store today, I want the game, but i do not want the Zapper (since it's not "required" to play any of the games designed for it, and reduces developers control options, I think it's a waste of space now :heh:)... hopefully I might find just the game pre-owned not long after xmas....

Am I the only one who actually really likes the zapper?! Is it needed? Obviously not, but it makes it more emmersive, like you are actually holding a gun!! Oh well. I think it's a bargain for £20. But I love highscore type games!

I finally have my copy sat on my desk, gunna go home and play it soon. Wee.

I finally have my copy sat on my desk, gunna go home and play it soon. Wee.

See you in an hour when its all finished :)

Am I the only one who actually really likes the zapper?! Is it needed? Obviously not, but it makes it more emmersive, like you are actually holding a gun!! Oh well. I think it's a bargain for £20. But I love highscore type games!

I like the idea of the Zapper but I'm not sure its quite right. I'm still not really sure how to hold it. I want to pull the trigger with my right hand but holding it so that my right hand is in the right place doesn't feel right.

Yes thats a lot of Right's!

I'm not sure if I can change which button does what in the options? I do prefer plaing with the Zapper though, when a few more games come out that are designed to use it I reckon it'll be a pretty damn good peripheral actually.

I cant get why there are so many complaints about the Zapper. Its comfortable, its fun and its generally well designed

I concur. I'm loving it and Link's Training, it's the type of thing that you can play in short bursts.

got this game today for £20.00 really good having completed it already but i ain't got all gold yet *Sigh*................ boy this is going to be really hard

Started playing this again recently and completed it with all platinum medals.

Really like it. Would welcome another more expanded version on Wii U.

Started playing this again recently and completed it with all platinum medals.

Really like it. Would welcome another more expanded version on Wii U.

I actually really enjoyed it too and going for all the platinum medals was a decent challenge :hehe: I haven't played it since I achieved that, though.. but I have been tempted to dip into it some night for a blast : peace:

I actually really enjoyed it too and going for all the platinum medals was a decent challenge :hehe: I haven't played it since I achieved that, though.. but I have been tempted to dip into it some night for a blast : peace:

Pop it in and play some'o that.