NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Halo 3 is awsum

AA is a shortened way of saying FFAA. Without getting too complex, FFAA stops jaggies.

Well I have finally got some "hands on" play with the mighty Halo 3 and it is as expected - Excellent. I should say ahead of time that:

No it was not a retail copy but a copy someone I know "acquired".

Yes, I will be purchsing the full game - probably Limited Ed on 26th.

I will not be revealing any major plot spoilers however I will say that the first level has you crash landed (along with your platoon) on Earth in a jungle undergrowth environment (which is sweet), as you brush past shrubbery and long grass it sways and reacts - it reminded me very much of FarCry.

My mate and I played the campaign mode (he as Master Chief and me as the Arbitar) we had it on Normal and to be honest we were breezing through it. Listen to what Bungie are saying - play it first on a higher level if you are at all familiar with Halo.

I was trying desperatley to activate the bubble shield (available later in the game) however it was not to be - I also could not initiate my invisiblilty cloak (however these are availbe throughout levels as pick-up items along with weapons such as Power Drain.)

Some of the highlights for me were:

Destroying Scarabs by begining the mission in an all out air assault using a new "HoverLift" craft - destroying a leg then landing inside its hanger bay and nuking its main core before fleeing the area to escape the shockwave. - Absolute class.

We played the game up to a missions called "The Last Stand" - I have no idea if this is the last mission or not, (hope not) however I will say that the Arbitar was right there by the MC side throughout the entire story and features in all the cutscenes (however because they are all rendered in-game and it was on 2-player that may be why.

We did not log into Live - for fear of its ban punishment - however all the typical options are there.

I'm sur there are probably screenshots out there - however I will say that the main menus feature crisp HD renditions of the Master Chief and the Aribtar holding their weapons against a cool blue light (Oh Yeah!) and the loading screen between the main level portions of the game is a 3D halo ring replicated by lots of tiny dots scattering together like rain. Kinda like an effect on Windows Media Player when listening to music. Very cool.

Any ways that me done for now - if any one has any questions please send me PM.

Cheers

Darth-Marximus

Hi, Captain Obvious Here... just thought I'd remind people to delete the Halo 3 beta from your hard drive, that will clear up a good gig of data ready for all the Halo 3 videos and levels you'll be creating. The Halo 3 beta will probably be listed as part of the crackdown dlc, so it's hidden a little!

Hi, Captain Obvious Here... just thought I'd remind people to delete the Halo 3 beta from your hard drive, that will clear up a good gig of data ready for all the Halo 3 videos and levels you'll be creating. The Halo 3 beta will probably be listed as part of the crackdown dlc, so it's hidden a little!

I was wondering where the hell it was, will do now!

I just watched the video about the forge feature and wow, I wasn't expecting stuff this cool!

I was wondering where the hell it was, will do now!

I just watched the video about the forge feature and wow, I wasn't expecting stuff this cool!

Yeah, they've undersold the forge stuff I reckon. If they'd mentioned a map editor from the start they would probably have turned a few heads but calling it "The Forge" means that people don't really know what it is straight away.

It'll be interesting to see how it works though, I thought epic were complaining about microsoft not allowing user generated maps in Unreal Tournament because everything has to be certified by MS, but it looks like Halo is managing to do it!

But thats because Bungie are the golden boys of MS and are probably allowed to get away with more then other devlopers.

Yeah, they've undersold the forge stuff I reckon. If they'd mentioned a map editor from the start they would probably have turned a few heads but calling it "The Forge" means that people don't really know what it is straight away.

It'll be interesting to see how it works though, I thought epic were complaining about microsoft not allowing user generated maps in Unreal Tournament because everything has to be certified by MS, but it looks like Halo is managing to do it!

Map Editor? OK now im interested in this game! :yay:

Epic's problem wasn't not being allowed to bundle a map editor in with the game, the problem was they wanted to allow custom user content to be downloaded from the PC. Microsoft don't like this idea because it will let non-ms certified scripts to be run on the 360, which could in-turn lead to the console being hacked.

Well, no i don't think its like that.

Its not like people can go and do things as they please, its just like that terrible inbuilt map editor from TimeSplitters 2, only you can change small things within the levels. It does mean however, you can get one level and make it alot smaller by cornering it off, that'd be a hell of alot of fun.

You can still change quite abit, you can make spawn points so that you spawn facing the wall so you don't know where you are :D

Halo 3 Collectors Edition £38.00 1 In Progress *dances*

It said Back Ordered in the morning.

Just to clarify... even if I receive the game before Wednesday, I can't actually play it until 00.01AM on 26/09/07 or else I'll get banned?

Just spoken to gameplay. Really nice english girl said she would give my new bank details to her supervisor to be processed:smile:

Just spoken to gameplay. Really nice english girl said she would give my new bank details to her supervisor to be processed:smile:

Its fun when you actually talk to someone who sounds incredibly hot :p

You always seem to talk to some [insert racist comment here] person. That annoys me

Oh my god.

My order at play has changed to order placed!

Legendary is mine!

Its fun when you actually talk to someone who sounds incredibly hot :p

I don't like it - it makes me sound really sad talking about computer games. :heh:

I held an official, retail copy in my hot little hands today!

Ok, I work on the entertainment bit in Tesco, so I guess I'm supposed to look at stuff a few days before they come out. :heh:

I don't know if all Tesco stores have get their Halo 3 stock, but it might be worth a try to ask some dopey looking member of staff (not hard, really) to get one out of the warehouse for you... :wink:

You always seem to talk to some [insert racist comment here] person. That annoys me

I enjoy talking to Indian call centres. It amuses me, especially when they claim their name is Reginald or Percy or some other BS English name.

My shopto order say processing. Dispatch tommorow, play on Monday. I hope so.

i played halo 3 and it's even worse then the first 2 of the series, and the first 2 were really dreadful as well.

spoiler: they beat the flood but the universe gets blown up, everyone dies.