Ant-Shimmin

Just Watching the England Match and I just Realised

I'VE GOT IT!!!

this is brought to you by 4chan

gerard-way-mcr.jpeg

i've been waiting all day to post this btw

WHEN I WAS

A YOUNG BOY...

The Dambusters theme tune (Added lyrics) (personal favourite-awesome tune)

Rule Britannia

Land of Hope and glory

'You don't need a credit card to ride this train!

It's strong and it's sudden, and it's cruel sometimes

But it might just saaaaveeee your lifeeeeeeeee

THAT'S THE POWER OF LOVE'

I can imagine hamilton winning the title in F1 looking really happy with Riakkonen and Alonso on the podium up there looking REALLY upset and that song playing...hilarious!

See? The public want it already.

God save our gracious Queen,

Long live our noble Queen,

God save the Queen:

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to reign over us:

God save the Queen.

O Lord, our God, arise,

Scatter her enemies,

And make them fall.

Confound their politics,

Frustrate their knavish tricks,

On Thee our hopes we fix,

God save us all.

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the

Licensplate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror

If anything I could say that this cab was rare

But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight

And I yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later

Looked at my kingdom I was finally there

To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air

Yeah, that was really bad.

I like it a little more now, as I hadn't heard the extended remix.

You know what would be a good one to hear a football stadium of people singing?

I do not need, (he does not need)

a microphone (a microphone)

My voice is fuckin, (fuckin)

Powerful!!

Aaah!! Arghhh!

Stick with what we've got.

No, I don't think a national anthem which requests a non-'specific' deity to bail out a bunch of unelected spongers is a good thing. :indeed:

I'm willing to sing Jerusalem, and that, as you know, is saying a lot, both regarding my view on nationalism and anything religious.

Failing that, Don't Stop Me Now gets my vote. :smile:

our song represents our heritage and our monarchy. And that's the way it should be.

It's fucking miserable durge and excludes anyone who's not a royal-bummer or god botherer in the first line. Why do we need to implore Skygod to save that sour faced auld trout? She's minted. We'd be better off singing for god to save some meth addled pissy tramp, at last he could do with a bit of help.

I think when we have to start singing God Save The King people will begin to realise how stupid it is.

The best anthems are the jolly happy African ones. They've got no rain, malaria and keep getting eaten by tigers, so why are their anthems so much happier than ours?

No, I don't think a national anthem which requests a non-'specific' deity to bail out a bunch of unelected spongers is a good thing. :indeed:

I said that in reference to using that piece of lyrical shit Wonderwall.

I said that in reference to using that piece of lyrical shit Wonderwall.

Point taken, I'm a little hung over and feeling very, very worried, but that's no excuse to snap at you.

God Save Our Queen may sound a bit boring, but it's actually MUCH better when you're there singing it live, as I was, haha!!

Fuck it. Let it be Rule, Britannia! and let us end this discussion...
Yeah that's the next obvious choice, and really it should be rule Britannia, it's a much more uplifting song.

But failing that...

- Hammer Time

Just to see everyone doing this...

McHammer.gif

Go on McLaren, you know you want to!

God Save Our Queen may sound a bit boring, but it's actually MUCH better when you're there singing it live, as I was, haha!!

I'd prefer not to sing it. Why would I want a fictional character to save someone I don't give a damn about?

I'd prefer not to sing it. Why would I want a fictional character to save someone I don't give a damn about?
Couldn't care about the lyrics, I'm just bragging it sounds good everyone there singing it live!

Stop..... England Time!

The best bit is when everyone proudly sings it and then they throw a curve ball by doing another verse causing much mumbling.

Or when we play a country with the same tune as their anthem.

Isn't that American song to the same tune actually as well? Only realised recently. The one that goes duh dah dur dah dah dah sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing...

It's fucking miserable durge and excludes anyone who's not a royal-bummer or god botherer in the first line. Why do we need to implore Skygod to save that sour faced auld trout? She's minted. We'd be better off singing for god to save some meth addled pissy tramp, at last he could do with a bit of help.

Here here.

There was a semi-serious petition to get it changed to Spandau Ballet's Gold, But I think the Benny Hill theme is the favourite, hopefully it'll put a much-needed rocket up their arses before a game.

I like the current one as is, it is traditional and everytime i hear it it makes me proud to be British.

The best bit is when everyone proudly sings it and then they throw a curve ball by doing another verse causing much mumbling.

Or when we play a country with the same tune as their anthem.

Isn't that American song to the same tune actually as well? Only realised recently. The one that goes duh dah dur dah dah dah sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing...

Aye, there is. It's called "My Country 'Tis of Thee"....

...wankers...

It's not the only one either. The national anthem of Leichtenstein has the same music, as well as the German Empire's. And some other Russian anthem.

It's not the only one either. The national anthem of Leichtenstein has the same music, as well as the German Empire's. And some other Russian anthem.

Isn't Canada's similar, too? (then again, they would have a semi-decent reason)

Isn't Canada's similar, too? (then again, they would have a semi-decent reason)

They use "God Save The Queen" as the Royal Anthem. The national anthem is "O Canada".

(I'm getting all this off Wikipedia...)

They use "God Save The Queen" as the Royal Anthem. The national anthem is "O Canada".

Hmm. It seems that both our royal anthem and national anthem is "God Save the [insert correct monarch title here]" Why can't we just use that as the Royal Anthem, and have a new national one?

In the Commonwealth games England uses "Land of Hope and Glory", but outside of that we just use the British National Anthem, God Save the Queen. Weird. Surely Scotland/Wales etc. have just as much right to use it as their national anthem as we do.

In the Commonwealth games England uses "Land of Hope and Glory", but outside of that we just use the British National Anthem, God Save the Queen. Weird. Surely Scotland/Wales etc. have just as much right to use it as their national anthem as we do.

We probably do, but we don't want to use it. Flower of Scotland is much better. :heh: