NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
LT...2005

Metroid Prime 3

Its gonna be so cool when its coming wiht the Revolution :grin:

You can read a little in here. But ohh... I cant wait :weep:

But how about you other guys?

If its as drab and boring as Echoes. Count me out.

If its as awesome and sexually exciting to play as Prime was. Count me in.

MMmmm. the thought of pulling the controller back to charge up with the charge beam then pressing A to release. Metroid Prime 3 has awesome potential.

Agreed, Echoes is the most purple game ever and the design seemed lazy. I hope the 'twilight' part of the new Zelda doesnt bore me like Echoes did.

Quoting just because I totally disagree with you.

Anyway, not much about this game, but I loved both Primes so I'm pumped about this one.

To be honest i havn't really liked metroid since it went 3D i find the platforming bits overly annoying within first person and there not being a 180 degree turn irritating, especially when in battle. So to be frank i'm not really that hyped about this.

I prefered Prime to Echoes, but Echoes isn't THAT bad. They were just pretty lazy in its design....The Beams are almost exactly the same as in Prime for 1.

and there not being a 180 degree turn irritating, especially when in battle.
Yeah but there's no need for it when you can lock onto an enemy and the speed boost (double tap B) and space jump around it; I think that works great.

Yeah but there's no need for it when you can lock onto an enemy and the speed boost (double tap B) and space jump around it; I think that works great.

I havn't actually played it for a while but the last time it did it annoyed the hell out of me but i had been playing resi4 before that. So thats probably why, actually i feel like playing it now.

I reeeeally hope they don't make prime 3 FPS based instead of puzzle/exploration based cos the series will then loose all the thinking elements that it had.

I am a bit annoyed that MP:H looks to have very little puzzle too but that is yet to be seen really...

Agreed, Echoes is the most purple game ever and the design seemed lazy. I hope the 'twilight' part of the new Zelda doesnt bore me like Echoes did.

headen, hold your tong on matters of the twilight....... we love the zelda :heh:

im lookin forward to it anyway the second one might be a pit "purple" but i think they will goe all out for this one

especilly if its one of the revo's first games, i just cant wait to get it on that controller, i have a reaction time that can rival a ninja or any contender.....

so bring it on baby :grin:

yeah but prime hunters is SUPPOSED to be more of a just shooting game rather than all the puzzles

metroid prime 3 belongs to a trilogy.of course won't be many diferences besides of the controller.

why don't people like Metroid Prime? i loved the game, the both of them, and metroid prime 3 is my second most wanted game for the revolution right now. (smash bros is my first).

I absolutely loved the first one, but for some reason i didn't care as much about the second one, i dont like how they took the map notifications out so you have no idea where to go most of the time, I found myself turning it off alot whereas the first one i just kept playing for hours on end.

Woah, woah, Echoes improved on Prime in plenty of ways.

Alright the Annihalator Beam was crap. As was the Echo Visor. And the Dark Visor actually. But the game itself was superb.

It couldn't do the Fire/Ice themed lands as Prime had done it, and I loved the Dark/Light world element they brought to it. Plus the Dark Samus stuff.

Oh and Calibur - the map notifications things are still there, but if you use them you're cheating :P You should do it without map tips!

Woah, woah, Echoes improved on Prime in plenty of ways.

Alright the Annihalator Beam was crap. As was the Echo Visor. And the Dark Visor actually. But the game itself was superb.

It couldn't do the Fire/Ice themed lands as Prime had done it, and I loved the Dark/Light world element they brought to it. Plus the Dark Samus stuff.

Oh and Calibur - the map notifications things are still there, but if you use them you're cheating :P You should do it without map tips!

No no, the light and dark idea is over used and annoying. Simple as.

The puzzles were frustating. Because you lost health when you were in the dark world you couldn't explore. It was very restricting. Metroid is about exploring and Echoes just didn't let you do that.

No no, the light and dark idea is over used and annoying. Simple as.

The puzzles were frustating. Because you lost health when you were in the dark world you couldn't explore. It was very restricting. Metroid is about exploring and Echoes just didn't let you do that.

The whole Fire land (Magmoor) and Ice land (Phendrana) is hardly new either.

You did loose health in the dark world, but once you got the dark suit (pretty early on) you're able to explore pretty easily. Only dark water and Ingstorm is impassable (and there aint much). And before you got the Dark Suit I liked how it upped the pressure on you and made getting from A-B more intense. You still have the whole of Aether to explore without any health being taken away after all.

Dragging the discussion back to Metroid Prime 3, I can't wait for it, considering how much I enjoyed the first two games. More Space Pirates, more Phazon and the end of the Dark Samus/Metroid Prime storyline.

I also hope it doesn't become too much of an egoshooter and still is about the exploring but I guess with the new controller abilties apart from precise aiming exact jumping, strafing and such things will become more important.

And I hope that the boss battles are not as long as in MP2, what is the reason why maybe I'll never complete it I just got annoyed that some things go through two transformations, that takes so much time I'd rather have them doing more damage and therefore only one form. (I'm still at the spiderball boss)

And I hope that the boss battles are not as long as in MP2, what is the reason why maybe I'll never complete it I just got annoyed that some things go through two transformations, that takes so much time I'd rather have them doing more damage and therefore only one form. (I'm still at the spiderball boss)

Yeh same here that guy really sucked, i just couldn't be bothered with it when he started 'teleporting' all over the place havn't played it since. Might start playing it again soon though, if i can be bothered to set my gamecube up.

Why do people hate Echoes but love the original? I think both of them had their pros and cons. Echoes was actually better than Prime in some areas as Prime was better than Echoes in some areas.

well i aint really owned both of them lol ^_^ nor do i even own a gamecube anymore

but as soon as i get a job... that will change ;) ill save for a revo and get all those classic gamecube games i missed

well when I had Metroid prime i got so far but then i gave up because of bosses and stuff then when echoes came out i bought that without finishing the first one :( and i havent finished the 2nd one yet cuz im stuck!!! im ashamed of myself :(:(:( but I cant wait for this one lol

Don't be ashamed! Both Primes are rock hard. I'm currently stuck on Echos myself - can't seemt to kill off the underwater boss you face after getting the under-water mobility suit. I gues I'll just have to keep trying.

Sign in to follow this