NEurope
taiomi

myspace?

Bebo = mainly used by under 16's

MySpace = used by 16-18 year old's

Facebook - used by Adults

That's how I see it anyway.

I only use Myspace to keep in contact with people that I meet in school.Apart from that couldn't care less about it.

Anyone read that article about Facebook people on avergae being middle classed people, where as myspace is for school kids and working classes.

I reckon this is the result of facebook having started for universities, and still everyone i know at uni uses facebook, compared to everyone at school on myspace.

And since mostly middle classed people go to university it skews the 'research' also makes a nice headline. stupid BBC.

Yeah, but what about those who have both?

Yeah, but what about those who have both?

Then the averages cancel out and they effect the overall conclusion lmao

Are uni students adults? lmao

i'd say Bebo is for under 14s, 14-17 ish myspace, and Facebook is for uni people. Adults flutter around myspace and facebook for various reasons.

Anyone read that article about Facebook people on avergae being middle classed people, where as myspace is for school kids and working classes.

I reckon this is the result of facebook having started for universities, and still everyone i know at uni uses facebook, compared to everyone at school on myspace.

And since mostly middle classed people go to university it skews the 'research' also makes a nice headline. stupid BBC.

I read that with great interest. The social divisions among social networking websites... interests me a lot.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything it really does. It's the area of computing that interests me the most.

I have two; my personal one and my band one:

myspace.com/peterhignett

myspace.com/evaliaband

Bebo = mainly used by under 16's

MySpace = used by 16-18 year old's

Facebook - used by Adults

That's how I see it anyway.

Well apparently Neds(Chavs) use Bebo and Emo's use Myspace up here.

I really think it changes school-to-school/uni-to-uni. My school is mainly Bebo with a little bit of MySpace and very very few people have Facebook as my school hasn't been registered on it yet and under 18s can't sign up without a school.

Bebo does have a lot of neds on it, but I only use it to keep in touch with friends.

facebook winz for the social networking, myspace for the band malarky - and for those who like to see what visual farts would look like. Seriously, the majority of the pages on there look like they were made by a blind monkey with no fingers.

Facebook's uniformity ftw.

Being able to turn all the shit applications off other peoples pages makes facbook so awesome. The only application that isnt set to minimize is the last fm one, its so awesome. It means if people want to fill their page with crap I dont have to look at it unlike myspace.

Last.fm is the only social networking site i'd bother using to be honest...

I only set up a last.fm to see if I really do listen to System of a Down as much as I thought I did.... and yes I listen to them too much. They're not even my favourite band.

Last.fm is the only social networking site i'd bother using to be honest...

I don't see last.fm as social networking, Facebook is a much better definition of a social network.

Sorry, only facebook. Though facebook was a much nicer place when it was Uni students only and without all these damn applications. I don't care what level zombie or vampire you are.

I have a myspace, rarely use it. Only two people I talk to on there that dont have Facebook. Facebook is the king in my eyes. Simple, don't make my eyes melt and the least fringe/burberry cap quota of all.

The applications however are getting annoying.

I have a MySpace, Bebo and Facebook accounts, use the Bebo and MySpace once a week or so and the Facebook when i get a message from a user.

But i mostly use MSN (Windows Live) to keep in contact with my chums. Also the forums as well.

Being able to turn all the shit applications off other peoples pages makes facbook so awesome. The only application that isnt set to minimize is the last fm one, its so awesome. It means if people want to fill their page with crap I dont have to look at it unlike myspace.

Wow, you can turn off all applications for when you view peoples profiles. Brilliant, as it's starting to turn into that mess that is myspace.

Wow, you can turn off all applications for when you view peoples profiles. Brilliant, as it's starting to turn into that mess that is myspace.

How do you do that? I had a quick glance and couldn't spot it.

Noodleman claims you can, but I've yet to have a look through the settings and stuff. Will look later though, but would be simpler if Noodleman just posted up how to do it.

Basicaly click the arrow next to the application and it shrinks it. If you shrink it on one profile and it does it to all of them.

zomg1fl4.jpg

shit... i can't believe the sheer amount of crap some people have on their profiles. They should at least have the decency to re-arrange their page so it's all under their wall.

this is my profile. of course, you won't be able to see it unless you add me!

.. I just made an N-Europe group as I searched for one and couldn't find it. it's a pile of poo, but it's here and stuff, so join plz.