NEurope
Zelda_Rulez

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

I'm poor, therefore I haven't been out to buy it despite pre-ordering it. I could afford it, but then I couldn't afford gas.

I'm poor, therefore I haven't been out to buy it despite pre-ordering it. I could afford it, but then I couldn't afford gas.

You got your priorities all fucked up.

I need gas to be able to go make more money. That or take a 2 hour bike ride (one way)

Yoinking this quote from GoNintendo:

Thanks for your interest in Muramasa. It will indeed be released in November - the 13th of November, to be precise. - Tristram Defries, Rising Star rep

Oh.... :yay: Getting it this year! Thank you Rising Star. Been looking forward to this for ages as it reminds me of Ninja Scroll on the PC Engine/Turbografx. Can now add this to the list of games to get before the end of the year.

Been looking forward to this for ages as it reminds me of Ninja Scroll on the PC Engine/Turbografx.

You mean Ninja Spirit (Ninja Scroll is an anime movie, and later series), right? Ninja Spirit rocks! : peace:

During the first year or so of the Wii, I called it my "Virtual Turbografx". The Virtual Console on the Wii was the first time I had access to lots of Turbografx games I never played before (the console was never released where I live, not even through importation), and it was like I had opened a treasure trove. I ended up not playing Zelda (which I purchased on day one) because I was busy playing Bonk's Adventure (a new personal favourite; I now put the Bonk series second to Mario only on the 2D platformer genre), Super Star Soldier (kick ass shoot 'em up), Dungeon Explorer and Bomberman '93.

Even now I own well over half of the total Turbografx titles released on the VC. Needless to say, Ninja Spirit is now also a personal favourite. It's a shame it never received sequels.

As for Muramasa, I hope everyone who is interested in it pre-orders and purchases the game. This retail situation is sure to impact the sales of the title, and if sales don't happen for this and other RSG titles (retailers are not carrying Ju-On either) we're sure to lose Rising Star Games sooner or later, which would be devastating to our chances of receiving some more "niche" titles.

Edited by Funktion

^ That's the one. Don't know where Ninja Scroll came from. Ninja Spirit is awesome though. Puts up a good challenge. Must get round to playing that again and might do as such in the run up to the release of this.

As for the whole retail palavor, it doesn't bode well for original titles on the Wii, does it? Well, not unless they are brain training/exercise/party games. Another of Rising Star Games' publishing titles Fragile may suffer a similar fate and if it does, it'll be a very sad day for the conventional video game store and consumers.

As for the whole retail palavor, it doesn't bode well for original titles on the Wii, does it? Well, not unless they are brain training/exercise/party games. Another of Rising Star Games' publishing titles Fragile may suffer a similar fate and if it does, it'll be a very sad day for the conventional video game store and consumers.

Please don't remind me that Fragile may suffer the same fate... :(

If you walk into a store today, you have World of Warcraft and The Sims in the PC section, and not much more; in the DS section you find Brain Training, lots of Nintendogs rip-offs and a few Nintendo titles scattered; in the Xbox 360 and PS3 sections you get a silly number of music games and it's accessories, and lots of shooters; walk into the Wii section, and you get WiiFit, party games and silly accessories that you put on your remote to do absolutely nothing (I'm talking about those pieces of plastic that simulate a tennis racquet, a golf club, ...). This is the sad state of the gaming industry, when it comes to retail. There's no diversity, titles (especially from smaller publishers) either have no shelf presence or a very limited shelf life (remember when you could easily go to a store and purchase a game released 2 or 3 years earlier? Now, unbelievably enough, there are games nearly impossible to find after less than a month, even at online stores!). Sadly, this keeps getting worse.

Does anyone think it's normal that most games now drop their prices in more than 50% (sometimes as much as 85%) after just 1 or 2 weeks of being released, and then vanish from the stores? This can't be good.

Edited by Funktion

For those interested in pre-ordering the game, DVD.co.uk has now dropped it's price to £23.99 (or about 27 euros shipped for customers outside of the UK, such as myself), which is an excellent "day one" price for a videogame.

Not to sound like a salesman (:grin:), but DVD.co.uk dropped the price for Muramasa yet again.

It's now £22.99 (again, an excellent price for a day one purchase). Hopefully this will convince more people to purchase the game.

I like Japanese Folklore. Will be investing some time into this one, even though I'm cutting back on my gaming time.

(I think I might just go and finish Mario&Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story now.)

I've already got it preordered at GAME (£24.99) I love me some preorder points :D

I don't know if this only applies to GAME retail stores, but check the following news item.

I don't know if this only applies to GAME retail stores, but check the following news item.

Thanks. I have it preordered online so I will keep an eye out for any emails from them.

So it's the 13th and according to the press release from Rising Star Games awhile back, the game should now be out on release. Strange thing is, both GAME and Gamestation say that it's not out till next week on their sites and I've read elsewhere that it's not out till the 27th. So there are three dates rolling around making it rather confusing. Not going to be as simple as going into one of the stores and asking if they've got it because presumably it's an online only purchase from both of them. Disgusting really. I'll keep an eye out should I go out later to see if there's any sign of it but I'm doubtful.

I got this game last Saturday and it's GREAT! WOW!

It oozes style and charm and the controls are perfect for this kind of genre.

Only minor issue: because I bought it in the Netherlands, I have Dutch subtitles.

No problem there although I prefer English. BUT the menus are only partially translated. So now my game is half Dutch, half English :P

I got this game last Saturday and it's GREAT! WOW!

It oozes style and charm and the controls are perfect for this kind of genre.

Only minor issue: because I bought it in the Netherlands, I have Dutch subtitles.

No problem there although I prefer English. BUT the menus are only partially translated. So now my game is half Dutch, half English :P

HA! I knew it! Some kind o' vague dutch translating flu is going around....

First Layton, then Scribblenauts.......and now MURAMASA!!!

Thank god for a certain ultra-secret devious/mischievious site I found which lets you order British games for a good price :D

No way I'm ever playing a game with Dutch subtitles or voice-acting.

Fortunately the voice-acting is Japanese :)

Too bad about the screwed-up subtitles/menus, but it doesn't brake gameplay or storyline.

I just couldn't resist buying this when I saw it at a storeshelf! :) This kind of game needs (and deserves!) store-sales.

i think if you set your wii language to english all translated games will have english text (worked for bomberman blast) try it. (im also from the netherlands:P)

I've been looking forward to this game for a very long time, and boy, was it worth the wait!

This game is awesome! The best of the three vanillaware games I've played so far (the others being Odin Sphere and GrimGrimoire). What I'm about to say is controversial, but this has gathered more amazed looks at my TV than MW2. And the gameplay is up there with the best of them. The only gripe I have is that the jumping takes a lot to get used to. At one point I had to jump up a series of hanging platform, which was more frustrating than it should have been. But nothing you can't wrap your mind around.

Hmm, I always had my Wii on the Dutch setting, up until NFS: Nitro forced some horrible Dutch cutscenes down my ears, so I set it to English. Is the back of the box in English? Then everything should be English once you're Wii setting is set to English.

I must say, I'm amazed they even bothered to translate this game to Dutch, even if it's just partially.