NEurope
Zelda_Rulez

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Beautiful!

Can't see the last picture though.

You can't see the best one then. One word, "Moe~!".

You can't see the best one then. One word, "Moe~!".

But... but... the link is broken! =(

Someone will have to reupload it then.

XSeed abandon ship

US, April 20, 2009 - Fans eagerly awaiting the American release of Muramasa: The Demon Blade should keep their eyes peeled for some new publishing news in the near future. First, IGN has learned that XSEED Games, formerly set to debut the title stateside, will no longer be handling distribution. The company released a statement to IGN confirming this news this morning.

XSEED Games confirms that it is no longer involved with the North American release of Muramasa: The Demon Blade. XSEED Games and Marvelous had previously announced the game as part of the initial line up between the two publishing partners. We firmly believe in the product and will look forward to seeing it release in North America. We enjoy and respect our relationship with Marvelous, and are committed to working together to deliver an amazing line up of games in the US including the highly anticipated Little King's Story, the epic RPG Arc Rise Fantasia and Suda51's intriguing mystery adventure Flower, Sun, Rain.

IGN expects news about the game's new U.S. publisher soon. Stay tuned.

I think it's just Gametrailer's video capture that's a bit off. All of the import impressions I've read (extended) mention nothing about frame rate issues.

Looks fantastic. :D

Love how the enemies come( and go). The artistic work is great.

Gametrailers Preview

Framerate problems?

This game is the answer from god for my prayers about an action 2D side scrolled. It's so gorgeous.

Framerate problems? I didn't see them.

Must have this.

Must have this now.

The 2D-Gods must have haerd our daily prayers. The day htis arrives in Europe will be a happy day indeed!

Does anyone has this game running on HBC/Gecko OS? I just imported Taiko Drum Master and Tatsunoko VS Capcom and both work on my 3.4E Pal Wii. Such joy :D

I couldn't find this game while I was in Asia a few weeks ago, so I'll just import it. I may want to wait for the US version though.

I want Taiko Drum Master SO much :( I'm tempted to buy another Wii and homebrew it just for it!! What are the chances of the game coming out in the west? Same as the DS versions?

I played this at my bro's tonight. Only played for about 30mins but this is a great 2-D side scroller. Even in with no english you cant really get stuck!

Is this due out spring 2010? May add this to my other Japanese games for my 2nd Wii (which I probably won't even get). Damn Nintendo and their freeloader blocking ways!

The artistic work is great.

Indeed, it is.

Over 100 blades? Nice. Hope there are hard challenges in order to get some stronger swords.

(Possible) great news! Muramasa was expected to be released in Spring 2010.

I asked on the Rising Star Games forum for an updated release schedule, and this is what they posted:

Valhalla Knights Episode 2 June 2009

Rygar: The Battle of Argus July 2009

Moon (Gamebridge) July 2009

Animal Kororo September 2009

Steal Princess September 2009

Happy Party with Hello Kitty & Friends! September 2009

My World My Way September 2009

Mahjongg Ancient Mayas September 2009

Angel Cat Sugar October 2009

Luminous Arc 2 October 2009

JU-ON: The Grudge October 2009

Muramasa: The Demon Blade November 2009

Eldar Saga November 2009

If they do get it out this side of xmas that's be amazing. I'd be incredibly happy. Not too sure though. They were confident in saying that we wouldn't get it till next year so what's changed that's brought the title back for a 2009 release? Guess we'll have to wait for an official statement regarding the release.

FFFFFFFFF! That's great! So many games, so little time/money.

The US/EU version will have the Japanese voices with english subs.

That article only talks about the US release by Ignition, not the EU release by Rising Star Games.

It will probably be same case with the EU release though.

So is this game confimred for 2009 now? That would be great news. This autumn is going ot be amazing for Wii - no thanks to Nintendo :)