NEurope
Darkspine S

Funniest Games

What games of recent or distant memory have made you chuckle, be it intentional or otherwise?

Two I can think of are Conkers bad fur day, and WWF No Mercy.

C.B.F.D, because that game was pracically invented by humour, and No Mercy, well, if you: create a charcter, assign him/her the ringbell as weapon of choice and drop six of them in the ring, you'll see what I mean.:awesome:

Games that spring to my mind are, pretty much all of the LucasArts adventure games (Monkey Island...etc). Giants: Citezen Kuboto was very funny aswell, and Armed & Dangerous was pretty funny in places too.

Oh and Anachronox even though it had such a great and quite deep story had quite a few funny moments too.

Can't think of any console games that have struck me as funny other than that dancing micro game in WarioWare: Smooth Moves, that still cracks me up.

-Theme Hospital: Some of the diseases were pretty funny and the cure was even better.

-Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga had really funny moments. Partners in Time was also funny, although not as much as Superstar Saga.

-Super Smash Bros. Melee: Many situations in multiplayer are just hilarious.

-Elite Beat Agents: So many situations are so over-dramatized that they manage to get some chuckles out of me.

-WarioWare: Need I say why?

-Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Not the game per se, but in my class almost everybody played this in LAN in the computer room, leading to hilarious results.

-Donkey Kong Country series: Just because of Cranky Kong ("In my time, portable games had just 4 colours to choose from! And they were shades of gray!", "What a cheap ending! It's just a way to advertise the sequel!", etc.)

Games that spring to my mind are, pretty much all of the LucasArts adventure games (Monkey Island...etc).

Agreed. Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max, Monkey Island - all of them hilarious.

Phoenix Wright makes me chuckle for its (intentional) over-the-top drama.

The original Resident Evil made me laugh for its (unintentional) ridiculous dialog.

The original Resident Evil made me laugh for its (unintentional) ridiculous dialog.

Was playing Typing of the Dead the other day and these lines of dialog always make me laugh

"Suffer! like G did?"

"Heard a noise....over there?"

"HELP....Me! HELP...Me"

Every Lucas Art adventure game, specially the Monkey Island ones. Fantastic.

Broken Sword has some great dialogue too, Mario& luigi 1 and 2 , Phoenix Wright, Theme Hospital and the Wario Ware games.

i got to say metal gear solid 2 just for theentire raidin storyline and my friend and I made too much fun of it.

plus camera mode is hilarious.

Conker's Bad Fur Day (many different parts of it)

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (just.. class!)

Mario Golf on the N64 (The way it said 'Nice Touch' sometimes brought tears to my eyes. Magic!)

ISS 64 (Some of the commentary was immense)

Soul Calibur II (haha.. the cheesiness... like Raphael "You're quite the rude one")

Whiplash for PS2...funny as fook.

And A Dog's Life...oh dear, rather childish but my friend and I were in hysterics when you could fart, or poop and the poop would slide down the hill on the snow level.

How to be a Complete B@st@rd - Amstrad CPC

Swallowing ice cubes "hmm lumpy wee wee's!" & eating custard powder for industrial strength killer farts.

Death Wish 3 - Amstrad CPC

Pumping old Grannies full of hot lead with the machine gun or making instant corpses of folk with the rocket launcher (it made a fart sound when fired!)

All Monkey Island games - PC

"You are rubber I am glue!"

Mortal Kombat II - Megadrive

The "whoopise!" man that appeared on screen when you did a major combo.

Another World - Megadrive

When your alien friend first speaks to you and says: "Macaroon Bar!"

Day of the Tentacle & Sam N' Max - PC

1st class visual hilarity through and through! - Worlds Biggest Ball of Twine.

Black & White - PC

Picking up a small citizen with your "god hand" and throwing them across almost an entire continent - having the rest of the citizens reply "oooooooh"

Battlezone - PC

Using the "Day Wrecker" weapon for the first time!

Streets of Rage II - Megadrive

Playing as Skate, jumping on some fools shoulders and punching the back of their head.

Shaddow of Rome - PS2

Slicing off, picking up and then beating an enemy to death with his own arm in the Colloseum.

I'll have a think about some others!

Almost all of the Lucasarts adventures. Monkey Island, Sam&Max, Day of the Tentacle etc.

This scene comes to mind:

No Mercy (CAW), Conkers Bad Fur Day are two games that have a lot of humour to them.

Lucas Arts adventure games also fall into that catagory for me as well.

Wiz 'n Liz! That game was great.

Omg that game is my childhood was indeed superb.

Monkey Island and Grim Fandango rules for funniness though.

Ar Tonelico's innuendoes:

The ad for the game pictured the girl on the left with the same artwork and with the text: "You never forget your first"

932632_20070103_screen002.jpg

The first 20 minutes or so of Zack and Wiki was pretty funny.

Conker's Bad Fur Day, the Paper Mario and Banjo Kazooie series' are hillarious.

I didn't find Lego Star Wars that funny, as they had shown 99.9% of the lol stuff in the trailers. Hopefully the Lego Indiana Jones trailers won't spoill the laughter.

Diddy Kong Racing, I look like a retarded 5-year old when I play it. And it's got to be Resident Evil 4, me and my flatmates always play it and are amazed at how extravagent Salazar's spending seems to be.

Diddy Kong Racing, I look like a retarded 5-year old when I play it. And it's got to be Resident Evil 4, me and my flatmates always play it and are amazed at how extravagent Salazar's spending seems to be.

Heh, my only RE4 experience was at a friend's house. He had just gotten to the fight with Salazar.

It was hilarious, because we kept pretending he was in fact the reincarnation of Portuguese dictator Oliveira Salazar. The dictator died a stupid death and we were expecting this Salazar to also die in a stupid way...Too bad he didn't.